Tndeer Logo

Page 18 of 23 « First<1617181920>Last »
Topic Options
#3205204 - 03/27/13 07:14 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
jar
4 Point

Loc: tn, rutherford county

I kept a stray pit bull looking dog for about 5 years. he would not leave my side if I was home BUT I could not completely trust him. He ended up killing a couple cats and a dog that were looking around in my barn. I know that's what dogs do but the liability was too high. I cried but I had him put to sleep.
#3205552 - 03/27/13 01:05 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: jar]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

Well, after 18 pages since my original post on this topic this thread seems to winding down.
I guess next time i will ask an easier question like: which is better- 9mm or 45? Or, what could possibly taste better than bacon?

#3205610 - 03/27/13 02:17 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
WVBulldog
4 Point

Loc: Franklin County, TN

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
One misconception of pits. MOST attacks reported by pits once a DNA test is done the DNA shows no signs of pit in the blood.
People always just point aggressive with pits.
I have a mutt that looks like a few number of dogs and he is 4. He is the most stubborn dog EVER. I have 3 pitbulls / aka American Bully. They are registered UKC as American PitBull Terrier and ABKC as American Bully.
My wife and I breed them and they prove time and time again to be MUCH better dogs then German sheperds, ST Bernards, Labs, and others.

Most of the time people look at a dog and if it shows it's teeth they instantly say "IT'S A PIT" (when it's actually mutt) pretty much profiling and just listening to the media on pit attacks.
Have you looked up German Sheperd attacks? They are pretty bad. Rottweiler attacks?
It's profiling a dog type when every single breed can turn out the same. It's all in the way they are raised.

All 8 pits we have ever had LOVES playing with kids and other animals. The kids and other kids grab their ears and tails and jump on them and pull their lips. My mutt on the other hand is fine with kids but hates his tail and lips being pulled.

However, not to be confused with American Bulldogs. I have never heard a Pit being called an "American Bully". Not to say that isnt the case but American Bulldogs and Pit Bull Terriers are completely different breeds.

#3205641 - 03/27/13 03:19 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

People who are biased against pits that don't truly know the breed are closed minded zombies of the media.

Is that any thing like being a closed-minded zombie of the pit breeders community?

#3206469 - 03/28/13 11:34 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: farmin68]
goblrhntr
4 Point

Loc: South of the Volvo Line

21 month old killed
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/03/28/2...t-familys-home/

#3206474 - 03/28/13 11:36 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: goblrhntr]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

I bet the Duck Dynasty thread eclipses this one. \:\)

#3206499 - 03/28/13 11:53 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BamaProud]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

From the article, this says it all, "She habitually played with the dogs, all of them. But they drug her all over the yard. Something turned them on her. We donít know what."

Probably weren't really pit bulls though - probably some sort of hybrid mutt Staffordshire Terrier mix. Only made the news cause it was pit bull too...I mean they looked like pit bulls.

#3206591 - 03/28/13 01:19 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BlountArrow]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
From the article, this says it all, "She habitually played with the dogs, all of them. But they drug her all over the yard. Something turned them on her. We donít know what."

Probably weren't really pit bulls though - probably some sort of hybrid mutt Staffordshire Terrier mix. Only made the news cause it was pit bull too...I mean they looked like pit bulls.

I emailed the Animal control and they said so far they are investigating the incident further but as far as they know right now they are mutts (hybrids) they are not confirmed pitbulls as of right now.
That is media hype so far

#3206593 - 03/28/13 01:23 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Deer Whisperer]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Deer Whisperer
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/childs-dog-attack-rescue-caught-on-tape-18718128

That Pomeranian really tore into that little girl.

Big Pomeranian!
But nobody ever said it was a pitbull or not

#3206600 - 03/28/13 01:26 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: WVBulldog]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: WVBulldog
One misconception of pits. MOST attacks reported by pits once a DNA test is done the DNA shows no signs of pit in the blood.
People always just point aggressive with pits.
I have a mutt that looks like a few number of dogs and he is 4. He is the most stubborn dog EVER. I have 3 pitbulls / aka American Bully. They are registered UKC as American PitBull Terrier and ABKC as American Bully.
My wife and I breed them and they prove time and time again to be MUCH better dogs then German sheperds, ST Bernards, Labs, and others.

Most of the time people look at a dog and if it shows it's teeth they instantly say "IT'S A PIT" (when it's actually mutt) pretty much profiling and just listening to the media on pit attacks.
Have you looked up German Sheperd attacks? They are pretty bad. Rottweiler attacks?
It's profiling a dog type when every single breed can turn out the same. It's all in the way they are raised.

All 8 pits we have ever had LOVES playing with kids and other animals. The kids and other kids grab their ears and tails and jump on them and pull their lips. My mutt on the other hand is fine with kids but hates his tail and lips being pulled.

However, not to be confused with American Bulldogs. I have never heard a Pit being called an "American Bully". Not to say that isnt the case but American Bulldogs and Pit Bull Terriers are completely different breeds.

You have UKC American PitBull Terriers and ABKC American Bullies.
An American Bully is an American PitBull Terrier/English Bulldog.
They are registered and a full breed.
It is not an American Bulldog.
All of my dogs are registered UKC APBT and ABKC American Bully
They are as close to as a PitBull as you can get.
Being they are a full breed now you can't mix more pits or more bulldogs in the breed.
They are a breed in themselves. If you look at one it just looks like a really big pitbull.
They have the same genes and most of the same genetic makeup

Page 18 of 23 « First<1617181920>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter, TannersDad, Bowkiller13
13380 Registered Users
Who's Online
29 registered (Rockhound, burnie05, LA man, RodBone75, TRIGGER, 49ford, 4 invisible) and 68 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13380 Members
42 Forums
95604 Topics
1118855 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.