Tndeer Logo

Page all of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3197219 - 03/19/13 11:58 AM Still don't believe it???
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Read the article and remember it when YOU take a picture of YOUR kids hunting.

The people that will not believe it will say it will NOT happen in Tennessee.

Funny thing is those very same people just a few years ago said it would NEVER happen in America.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/...amily-services/

#3197226 - 03/19/13 12:07 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Wow

#3197229 - 03/19/13 12:08 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

The less we post on social media the better. That's like advertising all your guns.
#3197230 - 03/19/13 12:09 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: eightpointer]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

We are living in turbulent times. Our govt. is rouge and the people are pansies (not referring to the father)
Ugly days ahead.

- Keep it real

#3197233 - 03/19/13 12:12 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

content Online
Glad it hapened to someone with the wherewithall to take care of business and not someone who would fold to demands like that from idiots who overstep their bounds. Its a crying shame it happened in the first place, thats for sure!!

Edited by Unicam (03/19/13 12:13 PM)

John 15:13

#3197236 - 03/19/13 12:12 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: eightpointer]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

What does the story have to do with taking pictures of my kids hunting?

#3197238 - 03/19/13 12:15 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: eightpointer]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: eightpointer
The less we post on social media the better. That's like advertising all your guns.

Same thing on TnDeer.

Do you think ONLY hunters ever look on here????

TnDeer talk forums ARE social media.

#3197241 - 03/19/13 12:18 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: rabbit hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

New Jersey = idiots! Kids are not allowed to have a sling shot or an air rifle? Flipping crazy!

#3197242 - 03/19/13 12:19 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: -DRM-]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: -DRM-

Post them holding their rifles and is it truely any different?????

How many kids on here have we all seen in pictures ON HERE shooting their rifles, bows, etc, etc..

There is nothing wrong with that at all BUT like in the story watch the child services start looking around after they are called to report it.

#3197245 - 03/19/13 12:21 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: -DRM-]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

You or one of your children kill a deer.
You take their picture or someone takes ya'lls picture with the deer and gun.

There ya go, child abuse.

(Not my views but that is how it could shake down in today's world)

#3197248 - 03/19/13 12:23 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Kimber45]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
New Jersey = idiots! Kids are not allowed to have a sling shot or an air rifle? Flipping crazy!

Last time I looked New Jersey was a part of AMERICA.

So it IS happening in America.

#3197264 - 03/19/13 12:34 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

That's nuts....
#3197268 - 03/19/13 12:37 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
We are living in turbulent times. Our govt. is rouge and the people are pansies (not referring to the father)
Ugly days ahead.

Rouge? I was thinking more of a cherry red or so..... \:D

#3197277 - 03/19/13 12:49 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: TAFKAP]
BigAl
16 Point

Loc: Fayette County, TN US

Without a warrant, I would have asked the cops to file a charge against the DHS worker for trespassing.

#3197282 - 03/19/13 12:51 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Last time I looked New Jersey was a part of AMERICA.

So it IS happening in America.

While I do agree, and am politically ignorant, I do realize Jersy has been known for this for a long time and that states do have laws within them that are relative only to that specific state..

Do I like it, Nope
Would I reside in that state, Nope
Do I understand exactly why the laws in new jersey are as they are, considering, Yes
Do I believe it's constitutionally correct for a state to modify your constitonal rights as an American citizen, Nope (and I always vote in favor of removing the gun hating liberals from office)

If you can hightail it up to Washington and run for office putting yourself in position to overturn the states taking away constitonal rights will I support you, Yep \:\)

#3197283 - 03/19/13 12:52 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: BigAl]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

DISCLAIMER: This topic is ONLY for those with tin foil hats.

#3197320 - 03/19/13 01:15 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: RUGER]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: RUGER
You or one of your children kill a deer.
You take their picture or someone takes ya'lls picture with the deer and gun.

There ya go, child abuse.

But the article is not about someone posting a picture of a child in the act of, or just after hunting... it shows a boy holding an AR15.
Now, *I* can see that is a Mossberg .22 AR-look-a-like, but the casual observer probably wont't.

But some of you seem to want to advocate cowardice. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I will continue to share pictures online of myself and my family having fun with guns - whether that be hunting, or just target shooting. I will not let the terrorists win (terrorist in this case being the libs and weak-kneed conservatives).

#3197352 - 03/19/13 01:31 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: -DRM-]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Loc: knoxville

I have to agree with you I dont see the comparison with someone holding an assault weapoon and someone holding a deer rifle with a dead deer.

#3197363 - 03/19/13 01:39 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

content Online
 Originally Posted By: NICHOLS3

I have to agree with you I dont see the comparison with someone holding an assault weapoon and someone holding a deer rifle with a dead deer.
First it is not an assault weapon. I think it is the fact that one is advertising a child taking part in an activity that some people dont see as a good thing.

#3197388 - 03/19/13 02:02 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: randy]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Originally Posted By: randy

First it is not an assault weapon. I think it is the fact that one is advertising a child taking part in an activity that some people dont see as a good thing.

Whether it is or isnt it looks like one, I didnt read the article I just looked at the photo and it looks more like a military photo to me than a hunting photo.

#3197392 - 03/19/13 02:06 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

content Online
He is an 11 year old child. So I am pretty sure it isnt a military photo.

#3197396 - 03/19/13 02:13 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Whether it is or isnt it looks like one, I didnt read the article I just looked at the photo and it looks more like a military photo to me than a hunting photo.

*Snip*

The gun is not big enough for deer. Even if it was a 5.56mm.

However, the difference between the "War" photo and a "Hunting" photo could be as simple as the presence of a dead coyote?

Seriously?

You are assuming that if they are not killing animals, they MUST be killing people?
Where does that line of thinking come from?

- Keep it real

#3197397 - 03/19/13 02:14 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Not saying that this isn't a gun issue... necessarily. But just Google DYFS harassment and see how many topics pop up. It ranges from everything from strict parents to former drug addicts being harassed. So yes it could be government people trying to take away guns.. but then again its the DYFS.. I dont think they have direct orders from Obama or anything. Or it could be over zealous nuts in the DYFS who would love to take your kid away because you dont let them on Facebook. Either way, the DYFS has a reputation it seems for overstepping their bounds.

I Google'd it trying to find a different take on the story (there are always multiple sides to every story)

#3197399 - 03/19/13 02:16 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
(there are always multiple sides to every story)

But only one right side.

#3197408 - 03/19/13 02:28 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Crappie Luck]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

*Snip*

However, the difference between the "War" photo and a "Hunting" photo could be as simple as the presence of a dead coyote?

Seriously?

You are assuming that if they are not killing animals, they MUST be killing people?

Again... looks nothing like a hunting photo to me and thats what Wildcat was comparing it too JMO

#3197409 - 03/19/13 02:28 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

We're living in a time where the libtards in charge want all your guns. They view it as a process, and will slowly go after different guns until they have them all.

Edited by JeepKuntry (03/19/13 02:28 PM)

#3197410 - 03/19/13 02:31 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Unicam]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Originally Posted By: Unicam
Glad it hapened to someone with the wherewithall to take care of business and not someone who would fold to demands like that from idiots who overstep their bounds. Its a crying shame it happened in the first place, thats for sure!!

It is only news because he stood up. How many times has that same bureaucrat demanded to enter someones home under threat of taking the children into custody and was given permission to do inspect the home? If this had been me and my wife had been threatened with removal of our children I would have been fighting both women (probably not really, but most mothers would have caved under the pressure of having their children taken).

When I read the article earlier today, my first thought was this was not the first time she has done this. She knew what buttons to push to gain compliance.

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3197416 - 03/19/13 02:34 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: JeepKuntry]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
We're living in a time where the libtards in charge want all your guns. They view it as a process, and will slowly go after different guns until they have them all.

This is the truth! First the Assault Rifles, then the Saturday Night Specials, Then the Street Sweeper Shotguns then the Sniper Rifles, Then the arrows and slingshots, then fist sized rocks of spherical shape.

#3197421 - 03/19/13 02:40 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Grizzly Johnson
Turkey Forum Police
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Well I can give experience from a post on FB I read a few weeks ago.... it DID pertain to hunting.

Was made by some animal rights/peta group..... Had a young boy, maybe the age of the boy from the link above, holding a hunting rifle with a coyote in front of him..... they had snatched the photo from a hunting site.

The anti's were going nuts about how this kid was being abused by "having" to kill that coyote. Said they (animal rights supporters) were going to call child services on the parents because they were abusing the child by taking them HUNTING..... Several agreed with that comment about getting DCS involved..... Then spewed out crap about the boy growing up and becoming one of these nut jobs that have been killing mass numbers of people lately. Said the parents should be put in jail and have all their guns taken away!!!

ALL that over a dad posting a pic of his son killing a coyote and having a successful hunt.

#3197426 - 03/19/13 02:47 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

*Snip*

Seriously?

Again... looks nothing like a hunting photo to me and thats what Wildcat was comparing it too JMO

Nichols I don't understand your confusion here. Wildcat made the connection between this young man with a gun and photos that any of us may post with our children in the presence or possession of a gun. So what if our photos may have a dead deer or squirrel in the photo as well. The point is the violation of the homeowners right by a government bureaucrat to demand entrance into his home based on a photo that shows no laws being broken or endangerment to the child or to others. The search the bureaucrat was demanding, under the authority of the state government, was not warranted or justified. When access was denied the bureaucrat then tried to instill fear and intimidation to gain access to the persons home. That is a violation of the homeowners civil rights. There was never any probable cause for such a demand.

The young man at least had the training to point the gun in a safe direction and keep his finger off the trigger while being photographed. That is more than Dianne Feinstein and Chuck Schumer either one can say.

#3197430 - 03/19/13 02:50 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

*Snip*

Seriously?

I'm "guessing" that he's making reference to a reason why WE on this site might be posting pics of our kid with a gun...??? Who cares what the reason was or what the weapon was as long as its a legal to own weapon. The "assualt" tag people are putting on guns is nothing but a show of ignorance to firearms in general. The inexperienced with an AR would do little in comparison to someone well-trained with a .22 rifle or even an experience hunter with a semi-auto .243
A GUN is a GUN, A Child is a Child and a Pic of a Child with a Gun will be seen the same by a libtard gun-hater regardless of the weapon, however they will hit the panic button quicker when it looks like an AR - again showing their shear stupidity \:\)

#3197435 - 03/19/13 02:54 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: randy

So guns don't have anything to do with hunting?? yea, right.

#3197437 - 03/19/13 02:55 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Not saying that this isn't a gun issue... necessarily. But just Google DYFS harassment and see how many topics pop up. It ranges from everything from strict parents to former drug addicts being harassed. So yes it could be government people trying to take away guns.. but then again its the DYFS.. I dont think they have direct orders from Obama or anything. Or it could be over zealous nuts in the DYFS who would love to take your kid away because you dont let them on Facebook. Either way, the DYFS has a reputation it seems for overstepping their bounds.

I Google'd it trying to find a different take on the story (there are always multiple sides to every story)

Did that happen in America or not???

#3197438 - 03/19/13 02:57 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Is this a trick question? What are you getting at?

#3197439 - 03/19/13 02:58 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: JeepKuntry]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

THANK YOU!!!!

The others only want to see what they want to and don't think it's really happening.

NOBODY ever said Obama ordered it but it IS HAPPENING under his watch. WHY???

#3197440 - 03/19/13 02:58 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Is this a trick question? What are you getting at?

What trick question could it be??

Did that story happen in America or not????

#3197444 - 03/19/13 03:03 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

I don't like Obama. Let's get that out there. But to think that Obama sits in on DYFS meetings or even gives them strategic oversight is grossly over estimating the free time of the POTUS, in my opinion.

The DYFS, in this case, is ran by New Jersey right? So shouldn't your rage, in this case, be pointed towards Chris Christie?

#3197456 - 03/19/13 03:17 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I don't like Obama. Let's get that out there. But to think that Obama sits in on DYFS meetings or even gives them strategic oversight is grossly over estimating the free time of the POTUS, in my opinion.

The DYFS, in this case, is ran by New Jersey right? So shouldn't your rage, in this case, be pointed towards Chris Christie?

Never said anything about Obama.

Did this story happen in America????

Why is that so hard to answer????

You have proven my whole point when I made my first post on this thread.

People say it will not happen in Tennessee or Kentucky but those very same people just a few short years ago said it would NEVER happen in America. When I was growing up people always said certain things ONLY happen in Naiz Germany, in the USSR, in Red China, in North Korea, etc.

Now look at us today, here we are saying these things only happen in California, New Jersey, etc.

Does anybody see what I'm getting at?? Or they still blind??

#3197461 - 03/19/13 03:22 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

I figured this is why you were asking if it happened in America... Which everyone knows this happened in America. I didnt really expect you wanted an answer. It's like asking does a bear crap in the woods...

#3197472 - 03/19/13 03:31 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I figured this is why you were asking if it happened in America... Which everyone knows this happened in America. I didnt really expect you wanted an answer. It's like asking does a bear crap in the woods...

SO it DID happen in America!!!!

Not some overseas country.

Does anybody see where I'm getting at here?? Or they blind??

Will it be too late when our childern start saying certain things only happen in Memphis or Nashville?? Just how close to "HOME" do you all want certain things to happen before we say, enough????

#3197494 - 03/19/13 03:59 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

The 2nd amendment and the 4th amendment have NOTHING to do with hunting.
Whether there is a dead animal in the photo or not is IRRELEVANT!

This is NOT probable cause for search of your home.

Edited by Crappie Luck (03/19/13 03:59 PM)

- Keep it real

#3197511 - 03/19/13 04:17 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Progressive logic...

Guns are evil and dangerous.
When people have full acess to guns, they are influenced by the inherent evilness of the gun.
Kids aren't mature enough to resist the evilness and run around killing everyone in site.
Parents who expose their children to this evilness need to be punished and not allowed to posses these evil guns.

I'm sure I missed something, or this needs editing in some way. Feel free. I will not be ofended, (or even get my kid to shoot you). \:\)

#3197527 - 03/19/13 04:31 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Deer Whisperer]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I can understand liberal logic. They hate guns. Alright, I get it. I hate the fact they think it is okay to take their 16 year old daughter to an abortion clinic and murder a human because they don't want their daughter to be "punished". - Barack Hussein Obama comment, not mine.

Fundamental differences that will never be overcome. It's not like we can take them all out in the woods and legally shoot them. Not until the next civil war anyway.

#3197805 - 03/19/13 08:44 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Wildcat]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Shawn Moore said he gave his son Josh the gun as a present to use on hunting trips.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/nation-world/ci_22825991/family-says-nj-overreacted-boys-gun-photo

#3197954 - 03/20/13 01:10 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: -DRM-]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online

But the article is not about someone posting a picture of a child in the act of, or just after hunting... it shows a boy holding an AR15.
Now, *I* can see that is a Mossberg .22 AR-look-a-like, but the casual observer probably wont't.

But some of you seem to want to advocate cowardice. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I will continue to share pictures online of myself and my family having fun with guns - whether that be hunting, or just target shooting. I will not let the terrorists win (terrorist in this case being the libs and weak-kneed conservatives).

X2 good post.

#3197965 - 03/20/13 02:29 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: BamaProud]
BamaProud
12 Point

content Online
Article is ridiculous, they should take legal action.

#3197996 - 03/20/13 05:10 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: JeepKuntry]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Of course. Just like your money, they believe the guns are theirs, and that you've borrowed them long enough and now they want them back. \:\/

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3198030 - 03/20/13 06:32 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: RUGER]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

People post way to much info on social media. But I see no wrong doin on the parents. Its sad times in America now.
#3198053 - 03/20/13 07:10 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: REM7]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I'd find out who it was that called DHS on me and their lives would be pure heII. I'd photoshop pictures of their wife having an affair. I'd plant meth in their car and then call in a hit and run. I'd kill their dog and sign them up for every gay porn subscription I could think of.

THEM sob's are as sorry as the ones that showed up.

- Keep it real

#3198108 - 03/20/13 08:36 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
HuntingDicksonDTC
8 Point

Loc: Dickson

think we are missing that there is the MORON who actually called DYFS about the photo.

MORON is the nicest word i could think of to use on here

Treat a man as he could be & he will become what he should be.

#3198121 - 03/20/13 08:50 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: HuntingDicksonDTC]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: HuntingDicksonDTC
think we are missing that there is the MORON who actually called DYFS about the photo.

MORON is the nicest word i could think of to use on here

While I agree the real issue is that the idiots acted on the call - stemming from a photo, and made some very uncalled for threats/comments.

#3198152 - 03/20/13 09:27 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Kimber45]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

In reality does this really surprise any of you. This is world we live in now where you cant even discipline your child in public w/o someone wanting to call dcs, and then someone goes and posts a pic of a kid holding what is a replica of an assault weapon on the internet after a massive school shooting I mean common sense should come into play somewhere. BTW Im glad I dont know how to post pics \:\)

Edited by NICHOLS3 (03/20/13 09:30 AM)

#3198159 - 03/20/13 09:42 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: NICHOLS3]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

DCS Is way out of control and on a HUGE power trip. All it takes is for any jackazz to call and they WILL come to your house and tell you to either pee in a cup or they will take your kids. They, on average remove 7000 kids from homes daily across the country, and of those only 300 are legitimate cases. The damage has already been done at this point. There job seems to be to empower kids to make adult decisions. All this does is break families up. I just heard that DCS had over 100 kids in 2011 and 2012 die while under there care. Someone needs to put a stop to this madness!!!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3198176 - 03/20/13 10:05 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Kimber45]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

The "assualt" tag people are putting on guns is nothing but a show of ignorance to firearms in general.

Well said.

#3198209 - 03/20/13 10:32 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: BMan]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: BMan
The "assualt" tag people are putting on guns is nothing but a show of ignorance to firearms in general.

Well said.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3198465 - 03/20/13 03:25 PM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: Crappie Luck]
LB FANATIC
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

[quote=Crappie Luck][quote=NICHOLS3]
[quote]
A .22 caliber and a 5.56 will both kill deer effectively (to a short distance).. carry on

#3198925 - 03/21/13 03:26 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: LB FANATIC]
BamaProud
12 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: in the dog house!

They, on average remove 7000 kids from homes daily across the country, and of those only 300 are legitimate cases.
I just heard that DCS had over 100 kids in 2011 and 2012 die while under there care.

I would like to see those stats. Do you have a link?

The DCS has a tough job, they have to investigate every case of reported abuse because the first time they don't and a child is hurt(or killed) the public outcry will be enormous. However, in this case specifically, they handled it very poorly. If the only evidence of "abuse" they had was a kid holding a gun and they took the investigation that far, someone should be fired.

#3199114 - 03/21/13 08:56 AM Re: Still don't believe it??? [Re: LB FANATIC]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

[quote=LB FANATIC][quote=Crappie Luck][quote=NICHOLS3]
 Quote:

A .22 caliber and a 5.56 will both kill deer effectively (to a short distance).. carry on

Yes, that CAN kill a deer. But even the TWRA used to believe that the round was too small a caliber to humanly kill deer. The probability of wounding or losing a fatally shot deer increases with smaller caliber rounds.

.243 used to be the smallest caliber legal for hunting in TN. Just a couple years ago they changed it to any center fire round. It's still illegal in many states.

You can even kill a deer with a .22 LR if you have just the right situation and shot opportunity. But with a .243, 30.06, .308, 7mag etc, you'll have a lot more deer lying at your feet at the end of the day instead of following a dried up blood trail as the sun sets.

\:\)

- Keep it real

Page all of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
135 registered (hunter0925, iowavf, TN Larry, Chinquipin, jaybird62, 53caddy, 17 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85066 Topics
1027852 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.265 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.