Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3196773 - 03/18/13 10:54 PM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: Football Hunter]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
 Originally Posted By: Andy S.
 Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
 Originally Posted By: Winchester
Im far from being an Eliteist Bowhunter as I hunt every season, but would hate to see TN do the same. I like the different seasons and the challenges that come with each one.
x2
x3
yep

X4

Μολων λαβε

#3196837 - 03/19/13 06:03 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: in the dog house!]
Frank G
8 Point

Loc: Hardin Co, TN Pickwick Lake

I hunt all seasons as well. Would like to have bow "open up again" after gun season closes. Say thru the month of January.

#3196972 - 03/19/13 08:50 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: in the dog house!]
7mmDeathPunch
Spike

Loc: Wilson Co.

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
Im far from being an Eliteist Bowhunter as I hunt every season, but would hate to see TN do the same. I like the different seasons and the challenges that come with each one.
x2
x3
yep

X4

x5

#3196996 - 03/19/13 09:10 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: 7mmDeathPunch]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

IMO its like the "religion needs it own section" thread.. I wish we had it here.. i'd hunt with my .308 the whole time.. BUT.. if you guys want to go out with a long bow and wooden arrows.. more power to you.. I'm sure not going to look down on you.. there is no telling how many thousands of dollars I have spent on bows,crossbows, arrows,broadheads,scopes,bolts,sabots,muzzle loaders,powder,bullets,primers and the list goes on and on and on.. that I could have spent on other outdoor gear I want but will never get like a electric 4x4 utv.. to be exact.. I wouldnt even mind paying twra and fee to hunt during the normal primitave seasons with my rifle..

#3197047 - 03/19/13 09:48 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: pressfit]
Doskil
6 Point

Loc: NC USA

Applies to private lands only.
#3197586 - 03/19/13 05:13 PM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: Doskil]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I never ever ever thought I would say this but.... I would be against this.

After seeing what a week of gun hunting does to mature bucks in KY I would much rather have what we have now in TN.

As Buckwild would say though... YMMV.

#3197783 - 03/19/13 08:33 PM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: RUGER]
Orion6
8 Point

Loc: Soddy Daisy,TN

I don't think it matters - set a season limit on bucks per segment; i.e. segment 1 is one month, one buck. Segment 2 one month,one buck and so on. Those who want meat will shoot one and get out of the woods.

It's just like when crossbows were made legal. Tales of endless slaughter, the end of hunting as we know it, deer being killed in drive-by crossbow shootings.

The harvest didn't change, and now very few people care what you hunt with in bow season.

I would be ok with segmented, regulated seasons. And yes, I'd use a rifle the whole time.

#3198144 - 03/20/13 09:17 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: 7mmDeathPunch]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: 7mmDeathPunch
x2
x3
yep

X4

x5

X6, except I would like it to open a little earlier—a chance at a velvet buck would be nice

#3198267 - 03/20/13 11:33 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: TNDeerGuy]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
 Originally Posted By: 7mmDeathPunch
x2
x3
yep

X4

x5

X6, except I would like it to open a little earlier—a chance at a velvet buck would be nice

I'm with you TNDeerGuy.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3199085 - 03/21/13 08:35 AM Re: Mississippi Considers All Weapon Season [Re: Bone Collector]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

As this new law is stated in Mississippi, I think it does more harm than good, and will create more division between hunters.

On the other hand, might see it differently if it were an across-the-board change applying to all lands equally, i.e. deer season simply opens and closes on said dates, use whatever weapons you prefer. The big flaw in the Mississippi change is that it doesn't apply to those public lands that are otherwise hunted "same as statewide". Also keep in mind the deer are considered a public, not a private resource, and the average buck roams over thousands of acres, usually not spending all his time on any one person's property.

Not saying I want to see this in TN, as do see merit in having an early archery only season. However, there is also merit in simply have a "deer season", any weapon you prefer.

It would be fine with me if TN's deer season was archery-only from the opening thru October, then any weapon Nov 1st until close. But this should apply equally to private lands and public lands that are hunted "same as statewide".

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Vermin93, BuckDropper, old guy, outdoorsmen22, Daniel n, cg02175, 1 invisible) and 52 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91786 Topics
1072734 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.