Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3195766 - 03/18/13 06:18 AM Boehner The Fool
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...-03-17-12-01-05

WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Speaker John Boehner says he "absolutely" trusts President Barack Obama - not that they don't have their differences.

#3195791 - 03/18/13 07:10 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: BMan]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Well, with Boehner I started out being cautiously optimistic. I was soon highly disappointed. And with this news story. I think it's time for Boehner to go. He may as well change his party affiliation with a comment like this.

What a friggin' idiot...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3195807 - 03/18/13 07:36 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Rebel]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Immediate removal as SoH and swap affiliation.

#3195872 - 03/18/13 08:27 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: W C]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I never understood how he became leader of the party in the House. The only thing I can think of is people owned him favors.

#3195912 - 03/18/13 08:48 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Wildcat]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
I never understood how he became leader of the party in the House.

It was his turn. That's how the GOP does things. How else do you explain Dole, Bush, McCain and Romney?

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#3196081 - 03/18/13 11:02 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

Turn to lose you mean.

#3196119 - 03/18/13 11:40 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Still-n-Quiet

It was his turn. That's how the GOP does things. How else do you explain Dole, Bush, McCain and Romney?

No. He is leader of the Republican members of the House, by being the majority party in the House that made him Speaker of the House. Dole, Bush, McCain and Romney, were never that. Bush and Romney were Governors while Dole and McCain were Senators.

I still have never understood how Boehner became leader of the Republicans in the HOUSE unless he was owned favors.

#3196143 - 03/18/13 12:05 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Still-n-Quiet

Exactly.

#3196149 - 03/18/13 12:22 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: BMan]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Along the road in politics you do many favors for other politicians. It takes more than voters to get things done.

As you climb the ladder in Washington, you build "clout" and networks of backers and favored friends who hitch their wagon to your success.

Chairmanships and leadership positions within the system are "given" to those with the most wagons hitched to their political machines and networks of indentured colleagues, invested special interests and "compromised" allies who either fear you or need you.

How well a person can fill that positioned is measured in Political favors and clout within their own system, NOT how well they will serve the populous. Your (our) purpose has been served on election day. All they care about us now is that we are pacified enough to not make trouble until the next election. Our interest will only be considered if or when we threaten their re-election potential. That is highly unlikely since BOTH sides keep us off balance and unable to organize a consorted effort. Whenever we start to become one voice, they create a divisive distraction to splinter us into groups again.

The LAST thing they want is a united people. They will continue their game of insider trading and living large off of our labors as long as they can keep us playing to fool and wearing "red team vs Blue team" jerseys.

Within Washington, Boehner's success as Speaker is measured by how much power the people around him can gain NOT how well he holds firm on issues the voters expect.

If they expect him to fold on issues because it will solidify an opposition to the "Blue team" and rally contributions to "Red team" election coffers, that is what he will do. how that effects you is irrelevant, except for that you'll probably be pissed off enough to send money or vote for "candidate A from the Red team" who has developed a plan to fight the very thing they pressured Boehner to create.

who's the fool now?

#3196155 - 03/18/13 12:32 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Crappie Luck]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Excellent assessment Crappie. Well put.

#3196361 - 03/18/13 04:19 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: fishboy1]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

I no longer trust either party, and the makers are becoming the minority that is getting fed up ! How long till the collapse?

#3196576 - 03/18/13 07:44 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Crappie Luck]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Along the road in politics you do many favors for other politicians. It takes more than voters to get things done.

As you climb the ladder in Washington, you build "clout" and networks of backers and favored friends who hitch their wagon to your success.

Chairmanships and leadership positions within the system are "given" to those with the most wagons hitched to their political machines and networks of indentured colleagues, invested special interests and "compromised" allies who either fear you or need you.

How well a person can fill that positioned is measured in Political favors and clout within their own system, NOT how well they will serve the populous. Your (our) purpose has been served on election day. All they care about us now is that we are pacified enough to not make trouble until the next election. Our interest will only be considered if or when we threaten their re-election potential. That is highly unlikely since BOTH sides keep us off balance and unable to organize a consorted effort. Whenever we start to become one voice, they create a divisive distraction to splinter us into groups again.

The LAST thing they want is a united people. They will continue their game of insider trading and living large off of our labors as long as they can keep us playing to fool and wearing "red team vs Blue team" jerseys.

Within Washington, Boehner's success as Speaker is measured by how much power the people around him can gain NOT how well he holds firm on issues the voters expect.

If they expect him to fold on issues because it will solidify an opposition to the "Blue team" and rally contributions to "Red team" election coffers, that is what he will do. how that effects you is irrelevant, except for that you'll probably be pissed off enough to send money or vote for "candidate A from the Red team" who has developed a plan to fight the very thing they pressured Boehner to create.

who's the fool now?

Probably the best breakdown of our governmental system I've seen—too bad they don't/won't teach this line of thinking in college level government politics courses.

#3196585 - 03/18/13 07:51 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: dr]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Not soon enough dr. I am going to need lots of rope, lots and lots of rope. How much would it take to hang 500 or so people?

#3197546 - 03/19/13 04:46 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Not soon enough dr. I am going to need lots of rope, lots and lots of rope. How much would it take to hang 500 or so people?

When the Patriots get tired of being dumped on, I'm betting the looters will scatter like rats and hide.

#3198422 - 03/20/13 02:18 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: dr]
ChippewaPartners
10 Point

Loc: Pamelot, my farm near Catoosa

The sheeple won't do a thing. Until they shut off the electric grid it will be business as usual. Americans underestimate the value of their freedom.

The simple fact remains that Cypriot politicians proposed stealing savings deposits from the people in order to fund a bank bailout. You can dress this idea up however you like, calling it a “levy” or “tax” but taking someone’s personal property without their permission is theft plain and simple.

The idea was amended to focus on punishing the wealthy (those with over €100,000 in deposits) leaving those with less than €20,000 in deposits unscathed. The Cyprus parliament voted against this proposal, but the mere fact it was EVEN suggested (and that Germany and the IMF wanted to take 40% of deposits) should leave everyone terrified.

Again, political leaders proposed simply TAKING money from the people to fund a bank bailout… not the people as in the public’s balance sheet for a sovereign nation, but actual savings deposits sitting in banks.

This idea should never have been even brought to the table. Savings are personal property. Declaring a bank holiday so people cannot get their money out and then trying to simply TAKE their money is STEALING. This violates the very basis of personal property at its core.

The fact this idea was even brought up indicates that the political and financial elite are growing truly desperate.

#3198449 - 03/20/13 02:54 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: fishboy1]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Excellent assessment Crappie. Well put.
x2

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

#3198688 - 03/20/13 07:11 PM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Andy S.]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

My lord this should suprise no one.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3198969 - 03/21/13 06:29 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Stalkhunter]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Great assessment Chippewa!
#3198974 - 03/21/13 06:38 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: ChippewaPartners]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: ChippewaPartners
The simple fact remains that Cypriot politicians proposed stealing savings deposits from the people in order to fund a bank bailout. You can dress this idea up however you like, calling it a “levy” or “tax” but taking someone’s personal property without their permission is theft plain and simple.

Truly the bottom line, and via of a myriad of other government schemes, same thing is happening in America, but just more "under the radar" and created behind closed doors. Our government creates and raises "special" taxes every day, i.e. a national real estate tax to help pay for ObamaCare.

OUR growing government is stealing us blind, pun intended.

. . . . . should leave everyone terrified.

BUT . . . . . . .

Until they shut off the electric grid it will be business as usual. Americans underestimate the value of their freedom.

Actually, Americans have lost the ability to "think".
Perhaps it's not so much Boehner who is the fool, but rather we the people who have become the real fools, taking ourselves back to similar circumstances that originally created a nation of freedom from government oppression.

We won't miss the water until the well goes dry.

#3199055 - 03/21/13 08:20 AM Re: Boehner The Fool [Re: Wes Parrish]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Our DUTY as citizens is to Educate OURSELVES, then spread the word to our circle of influence.

We have been misled and poorly educated by design by the government schools. We have been taught to conform to the group in order to get our rewards and NOT to think outside the tightly sealed box.

We need to quit looking to the Federal government to heal itself or have some messiah leader to come "fix" it. We need to concentrate LOCALLY. Get quality freedom minded individuals on the city council, county commission, and state seats.

THAT is where the power for change will come from. From locals saying "no thanks". Civil War is not needed. A Federal messiah is not needed.

Look at the Nullification movement that is popping and sputtering to life like an old lawn mower... Imagine how fast that movement would catch fire if it wasn't getting buried by the MSM.

Suppose our state govt said. NO THANKS to federal gun laws & Obumblacare. There goes a couple TRILLION in spending and debt obligation for the people of TN. Not to mention the FAST erosion of Federal Power that would result.

All it will take is a couple election cycles of putting good people in LOCAL seats.

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
128 registered (Brisco Darlin, deerslazer, Bone Collector, Rubberduck270, fairchaser, bootsinsand, 17 invisible) and 197 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
93967 Topics
1097687 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.126 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.