Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3194008 - 03/15/13 09:53 PM Just something I thought about today
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

When we Conservatives gripe about 'big government' most actually believe it to mean the elected part. This is incorrect.

The elected part is what we...meaning 'we the people' can CONTROL - as is written in our Founding Documents.

The TRUTH is that there is a HUGE part of our government that is unelected and unaccountable to 'the people'. In fact - it is even bigger than the elected part. It entails the beureacrats that most of the time not only write policy they are told to - but come up with it in their little brains behind their beedy little eyes.

This part not only wishes - but actively promotes - conflict among 'the people'. As long as we fight amongst each other - Republicans, Democrats...Liberals, Conservatives...our attention is not on our real enemy.

I refuse to denegrate Liberals - although I do not understand their thoughts - BECAUSE they are AMERICANS. And America was bourne upon conflict of ideas. As long as a free people are free to exercise their RIGHTS..government is limited.

When a government of mostly unelected and unaccountable are treated as royalty...and WORSE ACT that way...ALL of us - of all parties and persuations...become nothing more than peasants.

Peasants who grovel to the very government that has made us so.

No wonder 'government' was such a bad word to the Founders...no wonder they feared what it would become....no wonder they insisted upon a Bill of Rights that included what we know as the 2nd Amendment....

Is it any wonder that 'government' has, and alway will, try and limit the 2nd Amendment RIGHT ...NOT bestowed by government - but by The Creator???

A free people won't stand for this.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3194132 - 03/16/13 01:08 AM Re: Just something I thought about today [Re: TennesseeRains]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I agree with you in a way but also we do complain about the elected part as well. The elected part is the one who creates the positions for the un-elected to fill and the elected are the ones who have the ability to change and correct these problems. Also, we see the face of the elected more often and actually hear the lies come out of their mouths with no regard or care. While I understand the point you are trying to make, their is more to the situation than what you have stated is all that I am saying.

#3194192 - 03/16/13 07:11 AM Re: Just something I thought about today [Re: TennesseeRains]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

A free people won't stand for this.

Oh yes they do.

Just look at the ones that stayed home and did not vote. They will let anything happen and then blame others.

#3195143 - 03/17/13 12:00 PM Re: Just something I thought about today [Re: Wildcat]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

voting has nothing to do with the size and scope of government, only the flavor is determined by voting. What just about everybody fails to understand is when one person abuses another's freedom government is empowered. When one person treats another's life with contempt by driving drunk unable to drive, government is empowered to do something about it when that same selfish individual causes another's freedom to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to be infringed or cut off completely. Charging people 4 bucks for gas is going to have the same effect and the proof is health care just to name one of many examples.

When you vote you vote for (at this time) one of 2 gangs and you hope your gang wins, that's all, the power to regulate has already been established.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (BigGameGuy, DaveB, JCDEERMAN, RodBone75, Quailman, Hollar Hunter, 10 invisible) and 107 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85230 Topics
1030021 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.221 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.