Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3194050 - 03/15/13 10:26 PM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: fourwheeler431]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: fourwheeler431
Heck I might even wait and take my class from you as well! I'm sure you will be a great instructor!

Aww shucks. \:\) The place I took mine did a great job. I enjoyed the entire class.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3194061 - 03/15/13 10:47 PM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: Bowdacious]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I think you have to be able to hit the broad side of a barn first, before being an instructor. ;\) \:D

I think you'd make a great instructor. Especially for a women's class. I don't know for sure, but I think women would appreciate a woman instructor more. You would be teaching guns from a woman's perspective, rather than a man's perspective. Good luck! \:\)

#3194063 - 03/15/13 10:53 PM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: moondawg]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Originally Posted By: moondawg
I think you have to be able to hit the broad side of a barn first, before being an instructor. ;\) \:D

I think you'd make a great instructor. Especially for a women's class. I don't know for sure, but I think women would appreciate a woman instructor more. You would be teaching guns from a woman's perspective, rather than a man's perspective. Good luck! \:\)

That is my main concern. I will just have to pay the high price for bullets and shoot more. \:\)

Beware the skillet ---O

#3194066 - 03/15/13 10:57 PM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: Bowdacious]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
 Originally Posted By: moondawg

That is my main concern. I will just have to pay the high price for bullets and shoot more. \:\)

\:D

Well, to be fair, the class is probably going to be more of an introductory class. How to handle firearms, how to load it, how to shoot it. It's not designed as a marksman class. That is a whole 'nother class in itself, and not something that can be learned in just 8 hours. It takes practice. But I think you'll do just fine. \:\)

#3194083 - 03/15/13 11:21 PM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: moondawg]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
I would inquire about liability insurance in case some fool hurts somebody and decides to sue you.

#3194128 - 03/16/13 12:45 AM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
I would inquire about liability insurance in case some fool hurts somebody and decides to sue you.

Very good point!

I cant remember the organization that had the highschool trap/shotgun coaches insured, but I do remember us having a one million dollar liability policy. It could have been a Umbrella policy, but I just dont remember.

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

#3194147 - 03/16/13 04:49 AM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: Rob R.]
browtines
8 Point

Loc: kodak, tennessee

I am not sure your cut out for firearm instructor........ Skillet wielder..... I will sign off on that....

#3194171 - 03/16/13 06:30 AM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: browtines]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Originally Posted By: browtines
I am not sure your cut out for firearm instructor........ Skillet wielder..... I will sign off on that....

Lmbo. I do wield a mean skillet. \:\) I had doubts that I would be effective and remembered that I have made it thru training people at work who didn't want to learn. On one trip, i did have supervisor from another DC say he couldn't understand why I wasnt a supervisor. He said I had a knack for getting the employees to cooperate. I think he was nuts but I'll draw on that. \:\)
As for insurance, the place I would be teaching would cover it. The classes are 4 full days and are pretty intense from what I understand at this point.
Boy. Do I have a lot to think about!

Beware the skillet ---O

#3194209 - 03/16/13 07:41 AM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: Bowdacious]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

I really think you should do it

#3194643 - 03/16/13 07:22 PM Re: Any firearms instructors on here? [Re: fourwheeler431]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Originally Posted By: fourwheeler431
I really think you should do it

We are gonna have a sit down soon and go over some details. What blows my mind is why he thought of me. That adds to me thinking seriously about it. stik says go for it.

Beware the skillet ---O

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (naz, redblood, tap.emtp, BigGameGuy, Rockhound, scn, 9 invisible) and 105 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93217 Topics
1089595 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.