Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3217814 - 04/09/13 05:04 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: Tennessee Todd]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

1st ever bearded hen, just wanted one in my lifetime.
10.13 pounds
8 inch beard

#3218370 - 04/10/13 09:24 AM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: smstone22]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

COOL

#3221054 - 04/13/13 12:13 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: spitndrum]
Converterhunter
Spike

Loc: Jonesborough, Tn

My biggest bird ever!!

#3221304 - 04/13/13 08:14 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: Converterhunter]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Hooked up with REN this morning in trousdale co. We have hunted with each other for about 2 years now and just can't connect on anything when we go, we see stuff just can't close the distance. Well this morning was a different story. Had birds all over us this morning and after flydown 3 gobblers can below and behind us and all i could hear was spit and dummin and foot steps with an occasional wing drag IT WAS AWESOME! As i turn slowly back to my left to check the field there was a field full of turkeys only about 20 yards away MAX! I seen that was was accompanied by mostly hens and jakes and I guess the gobblers that came in below and behind us did that to cut this flock off at the top of the field while they checked out the sweet talk by REN! Finally in the back of the flock this guy was bringing up the rear cupped fan in half strut kinda in a little jog to keep up with the flock. We both seen him at the same time and I hear "Kill him Spit" "Kill Him" "Killed that Fool" he was tooooooooooooo up which I was too about to die there in front of me was the Blackcloud cure in full strut. I asked Jaymie to cut at him to pull him out of strut a=but he didnt hear me so i shot him in full strut right before he stepped completely out of the veiwfinder. Unbelieveable morning to say the least. We checked him out closed the video and carried him to a good picture taking area he always uses and I looked downa and said "Man I blew some beard out" O nevermind its a Double Beard Ha Ha!!!!!!

Not my biggest bird but as pretty of a fan I will ever see for TN IMO!

#3221374 - 04/13/13 09:02 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: spitndrum]
Mtn Hunter
Spike

Loc: TN

#1 for this season.
#3221640 - 04/14/13 10:56 AM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: Mtn Hunter]
Waterfowler22
4 Point

Loc: The Duck Blind

Buddy smashed him after he took 3 step after flyin down. We step up a little to close to him, but of work out great. Great mornin heard 7 different toms gobblin.
Killed in Burns tn.

SHHH....Here comes a pair of singles

#3221788 - 04/14/13 02:47 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: Waterfowler22]
Big Gun
16 Point

Loc: Bartlett

Double bearded jake. First turkey in 4 years for me.

#3222139 - 04/14/13 09:52 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: Big Gun]
8 POINTS OR BETTER
10 Point

Loc: Hardin, Co.

Number 2 TN, number 3 total

#3222390 - 04/15/13 10:30 AM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: 8 POINTS OR BETTER]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Long Read but GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD, If you enjoy my blogs!

What a morning is all i wll say to start with, what a weekend at that. AS most of you know I was able to take my first double bearded bird on saturday with REN watching it all unfold. Good Hunts with good friends is what drives me to return to the woods its what gets me out of the bed at 3am for a hour and a half road trip. But little did i know that Sundays hunt would unfold with such a bang with my BEST friend in the whole world! lets jump back a week to last sunday in trousdale co the season was finally looking up for us as Cody and I almost doubled twice in 1 day 3 times as a matter of fact we read the birds perfectly stalked em even better we just couldnt get in sync together for the shot and I didnt want to let selfishness overtake a good time with my baby brother and dad in the background videoing it all unfold. We got a game plan together that would be certain to work, its simple set up a blind righ ton the edge of the woods were the turkeys naturally funnel between 2 patches of woods and go across the field to another property. We arrived and got everything set up on the smallest clutter of trees imaginable and was sure we would stick out like a sore thumb. The morning came alive with gobbling in the distance but none close to where we thought they were coming out of the woods. Started seeing hens coming out where we seen em the weekend before but no toms or jakes with em??? We are confused at this point and debating on going after a gobblin bird near the back of the property. The hens started working towards us and we were filming everything off in the distance. Once they got to see the decoys set up in front of the blind they kinda came across the top of the field quickly, only thing we can figure is she spooked due to the bind being there and her not used to it? Another flock of hens came off the hill and were working slowly to us, I stood up in the blind and was filming them in the bottoms and all the suddden GOOOOOOBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEE off in the distance on the hill behind the girls. As i turned to look i see 2 bigger birds in a solid walk not strutting but coming right to our property. I get back in my chair and asked cody to call softly when i tell him too, the birds are walking across the bottom at this time and he yelps softly the last gobbler stops and looks a hard look up on the hill at killer B and keeps walking at this point I'm thinking its over we can defeat 6 hens right there for one strutter decoy and a hen in breeding position. I see 3 red heads pop up on top of the rise still out at 100 yards then one blows into strut. Ok maybe still have a chance they work over the hill slowly and start committing to the decoy and I say to Cody "O its on son get ready this is it" 3 gobblers are coming over the hill in a fast walk almost trot of march if you will I have no time to film them coming in just reach up to my capture you hunt gopro mount which is on my gun and hit record. Raise my gun up and you see 3 gobblers coming in hard, I then say to cody "Let me know" safety click they all 3 gobble in unison as one loudly right at the blind 20 yards in front of us and I hear "NOW!" and I squeeze the trigger! Funny thing was I only heard one gun shot, we had shot right on que with each other and there in front of us laid 2 longbeards graveyard dead! I could almost cry doubling with someone is a hard thing to do but to accomplish something like this with your best friend and someone you have spent your life with was unbelievable! I ended up shooting the strutter and he busted another nice gobbler! Mine ended up being 20lbs and had a 9.5 inch beard with 7/8 inch spurs, Codys weighed 18.5 had a 9 inch beard and 7/8 inch ivory spurs!

#3225499 - 04/18/13 12:37 PM Re: 2013 Kill Pics [Re: spitndrum]
TNRino
4 Point

Loc: Washington County, TN

Killed this jake 2 weeks ago. ive had some family issues so havent had a lot of time to get on here but here he is. Gobbled all the way in. Sounded alot bigger than he was but ill take him for my first.

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
28 registered (double browtine, MUP, Hunter 257W, THEdonkey0515, diamond hunter, stik, 6 invisible) and 42 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93199 Topics
1088553 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.