Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3193799 - 03/15/13 07:55 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: Stalkhunter]
TNRAMBLINGMAN
4 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

It has worked for me last two years. But you have to take it about six months or so every day before peak season. the ragweed has always about killed me in the fall. And I have tried all the medicines.

but the honey kept me outside the two years. yes I still sneezed, but not all night like I used to. This is a very cheap and simple thing to do. Two or 3 quart jars will get you several months of a teaspoon a day.

#3193841 - 03/15/13 08:23 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: TNRAMBLINGMAN]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I have people call me every year for my honey for their allergies..
one of my buddies had a daughter who was 10-12 years old..worst allergies in the world.. I tried and tried to get her to try it.. she hated honey.. (not sure why)..finally she tried it... a spoon full each day.. one morning my bud called.. you got any more honey.. yeah why.. well he had walked into the kitchen and his daughter had run out of honey and she was licking the jar...LOL
dont tell her its a old wives tale...

#3193852 - 03/15/13 08:30 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: pressfit]
Redwing
10 Point

Loc: Blount Co.

I'm pretty sure my Wife would shoot me if I used a Local Honey. I guess I'll just have to suffer.
#3193867 - 03/15/13 08:37 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: Stalkhunter]
Whitehorse
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Pegram TN USA

Local Raw honey should help, so does getting in better shape.

#3194105 - 03/15/13 11:59 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: Whitehorse]
Paul Burns
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Westport--- Carroll County Tn

Best thing I have found is NasaCort nasal spray. I had daily allergy problems for many years. NasaCort has cured them---last 5-10 years cured, amazing stuff. If I miss for a couple of days I'm back to dripping nose and sneezing,

#3194221 - 03/16/13 08:04 AM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: Kimber45]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: -DRM-
Wives tale (though I am sure some will swear by it).

IMHO - changing your diet by eating better, losing weight, and getting more active are the best ways to improve your allergy symptoms.

I personally found that my allergies were worse when I was 40lbs heavier, and as I have dropped weight, started eating better, and gotten into better shape - my allergy symptoms are reduced to almost nothing at all.

I agree 100%.. At my best health condition ever (48 yrs old) following a year of P90X my allergy problems, colds, viruses etc were pretty much non-existent. Having gotten away from my intense cardio regiment I can see this stuff creeping back in quickly.

Yep, this! Proper diet and exercise will built your immune system. I use supplements also....But, any reason to eat honey works for me!

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3194231 - 03/16/13 08:16 AM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: pressfit]
smyrnagc
6 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: pressfit
one of my buddies had a daughter who was 10-12 years old..worst allergies in the world.. I tried and tried to get her to try it.. she hated honey.. (not sure why)..finally she tried it... a spoon full each day.. one morning my bud called.. you got any more honey.. yeah why.. well he had walked into the kitchen and his daughter had run out of honey and she was licking the jar...LOL

Hey pressfit...You got any for sale? I tried sending you a PM but your box is full.

#3194236 - 03/16/13 08:30 AM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: pressfit]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
Wives tale (though I am sure some will swear by it).

IMHO - changing your diet by eating better, losing weight, and getting more active are the best ways to improve your allergy symptoms.

I personally found that my allergies were worse when I was 40lbs heavier, and as I have dropped weight, started eating better, and gotten into better shape - my allergy symptoms are reduced to almost nothing at all.
don't tell her its a old wives tale...
The ear, nose & throat doctor I go to for my hearing is also an allergist. The last time I had an appointment I sold 6 bottles of honey to the office staff. Before I started keeping Bees I was taking 3 allergy shots a week. About 6 months after I started eating honey that I collected from my bees, I no longer needed the shots. That was over 10 years ago.

No doubt keeping in shape is very beneficial but sometimes "Old Wives Tales" are very reliable also.

Edited by Beekeeper (03/16/13 08:31 AM)

#3194239 - 03/16/13 08:34 AM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: Beekeeper]
paincave_2000
10 Point

Loc: Bedford Co.

Wives tale or not, it does nothing to help my allergies but I eat it anyway because I like it.I wish there was something I could do to help mine aside from moving to a different part of the country.

#3194243 - 03/16/13 08:38 AM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: paincave_2000]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: paincave_2000
Wives tale or not, it does nothing to help my allergies but I eat it anyway because I like it.I wish there was something I could do to help mine aside from moving to a different part of the country.
Make sure you are getting pure raw honey from a local beekeeper. A lot of the "cheap" honey you get at the grocery store is not from the local area and may not be pure. A lot of the honey you find in these stores is from Asia or South America and only packaged in the USA.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (AllOutdoors, backwoods7, JDP, downthebrown, junebugwapiti, SMB44, 1 invisible) and 64 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93342 Topics
1089906 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.134 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.