Tndeer Logo

Page 16 of 17 « First<1314151617>
Topic Options
#3195623 - 03/17/13 09:15 PM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
Not asking anything. God sent His Son, in the form of man, to start a religion.

God sent His Son to forge a pathway wherein a sinful world would have the opportunity to turn away from their sins and be forgiven in order to live in Heaven with Him and His Father for eternity.

THAT required a relationship..........not a religion.

Edited by RutMan (03/17/13 09:19 PM)

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#3195643 - 03/17/13 09:41 PM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: RutMan]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: RutMan

God sent His Son to forge a pathway wherein a sinful world would have the opportunity to turn away from their sins and be forgiven in order to live in Heaven with Him and His Father for eternity.

AMEN!

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3195645 - 03/17/13 09:43 PM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Why did God do this? Because our greatest need is an eternal one. Itís not about what we can gain in this life, in profits or pleasure or making a lasting imprint on this earth. None of these will satisfy our soul. Ours is a spiritual need, one that we were created for, to have fellowship with God and do His will.

Jesus came to earth because he loves us; He came to deliver truth in a world of false beliefs. But the main reason He came to earth was to be the final sacrifice for our sins. The simple reason is because we are not good, some may think they are, but none are as good as they think when compared to Godís standard--Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:14: ďThat the Father sent the Son as the Savior of the world.Ē God did not send an angel nor a good man, the savior is God who became man. The Bible says, ďthe grace of God has appeared to all men.Ē Christ came for all. Christianity is for everyone but not everyone will respond; only those who acknowledge they are sinful. For one to know this they only have to look at Godís standard, his commands and his law to find they have not obeyed them perfectly and have fallen short of keeping them.

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct53.htm

Edited by WestTn Huntin'man (03/17/13 09:44 PM)
Edit Reason: link
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3195646 - 03/17/13 09:45 PM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

happy Online
not even close.

Isaiah 40:21
Havenít you heard? Donít you understand? Are you deaf to the words of Godó the words he gave before the world began? Are you so ignorant? NLT

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3195664 - 03/17/13 09:57 PM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: TeamTndeer]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

WOW! Seriously?

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3195671 - 03/17/13 10:15 PM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

I just want to thank TNDEER and all here on the site. Allowing me to post daily devotions on here has been such a blessing. God has used this site to minister to many over the years! That is awesome. So may PM asking for counsel, prayers, advice ect. God's Word has the answers and that is where I direct them. Jesus is our only hope....share it with others, love others as God has told us to love our enemies! He desires that none should perish, so love, respect, be kind, humble, slow to anger, to all!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3195890 - 03/18/13 08:40 AM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: RutMan]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: RutMan

So all that Peter did was in vain? Gotcha!!!!

#3195895 - 03/18/13 08:41 AM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: encore06]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: encore06
not even close.

Havenít you heard? Donít you understand? Are you deaf to the words of Godó the words he gave before the world began? Are you so ignorant? NLT

So Peter was/is wrong? Your words are as bad as Gut Buckets.

#3195932 - 03/18/13 09:04 AM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
bowhunterfanatic
8 Point

Loc: McNairy County

Originally Posted By: encore06
not even close.

So Peter was/is wrong? Your words are as bad as Gut Buckets.

IMO, this is what's wrong with "religion". This is why I agree that God wasn't interested in starting a "religion". Religion has become man's interpretation of the book that God left for us to be able to better live our lives and form a stronger RELATIONSHIP with God. If more "Christians" were worried about spreading the word and ministering to lost souls than debating who's interpretation of the bible is actually correct, then this world would be a much better place.

Again, this is just my opinion.

#3195993 - 03/18/13 09:47 AM Re: IT'S TIME FOR RELIGION TO HAVE IT'S OWN FORUM [Re: bowhunterfanatic]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

There's no denying that we should have a personal relationship, first and foremost, with Jesus Christ. But to deny that 'Christianity' wasn't part of Christs reasons for walking the planet is wrong.

Again, what about Peter? What about the Great Commission?

In saying this, I'm not a big organized religion guy simply because of how man has tainted Christianity to fit our ways.

Page 16 of 17 « First<1314151617>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (Mossy Oak, robin48, BamaProud, catman529, amattis13, gtk, 16 invisible) and 176 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85626 Topics
1034683 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.207 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.