Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3194422 - 03/16/13 02:10 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: fourwheeler431]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

I only buy Honey local from TN. I can say it works for what i have used it for and i do it everyday without fail, I have used it for Last 3 years to combat more then allergies. You have to do some research. Honey can not be cooked period or all the Enzimes are destroyed. So Honey taken, is done better by the spoon or on something cool. But raw alone is better. Honey does not spoil. Yes it can turn crystal but you can put it in warm not hot water to turn it back to liquid, do you have to no i eat the crystal forum too.

Try honey with various other stuff. Cinn, ginger, raw garlic and so on.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3194633 - 03/16/13 07:12 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: Stalkhunter]
44fanatic
12 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Montgomery Cnty

Can honey lessen seasonal allergy symptoms?

Answer

from Brent A. Bauer, M.D.

Probably not. Honey has been anecdotally reported to lessen symptoms in people with seasonal allergies. But these results haven't been consistently duplicated in clinical studies.

Still the idea isn't so far-fetched. Honey has been studied as a cough suppressant and may have anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, some experts point out that honey can contain traces of flower pollen an allergen. And one treatment for allergies is repeated exposure to small amounts of allergens.

For now, however, it appears that honey may just be a sweet placebo. But don't let that stop you from using it in food and beverages. Just don't give honey to children younger than 1 year because of the risk of infant botulism, a rare but serious form of food poisoning.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/honey-for-allergies/AN02192/rss=2

Edited by 44fanatic (03/16/13 07:13 PM)

#3195127 - 03/17/13 11:17 AM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: 44fanatic]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

content Online
I suspect that many of my allergies aren't pollen related, but mold. Honey won't do a thing for them, and since they strike in the fall as well, I'm pretty inclined to thnk that.

That being said, honey won't be a cure all....neither will a magic plant from Africa....and neither will exercise & nutrition. That's not to say that they don't carry their own benefits, and are good for you to use. But for me, I'll have to continue relying on Zyrtec, Tylenol, and Mucinex.

#3195526 - 03/17/13 07:38 PM Re: Honey vs allergies? [Re: smyrnagc]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

Originally Posted By: smyrnagc
 Originally Posted By: pressfit
I have people call me every year for my honey for their allergies..
one of my buddies had a daughter who was 10-12 years old..worst allergies in the world.. I tried and tried to get her to try it.. she hated honey.. (not sure why)..finally she tried it... a spoon full each day.. one morning my bud called.. you got any more honey.. yeah why.. well he had walked into the kitchen and his daughter had run out of honey and she was licking the jar...LOL
dont tell her its a old wives tale...
 Originally Posted By: pressfit
I have people call me every year for my honey for their allergies..
one of my buddies had a daughter who was 10-12 years old..worst allergies in the world.. I tried and tried to get her to try it.. she hated honey.. (not sure why)..finally she tried it... a spoon full each day.. one morning my bud called.. you got any more honey.. yeah why.. well he had walked into the kitchen and his daughter had run out of honey and she was licking the jar...LOL
dont tell her its a old wives tale...

Hey pressfit...You got any for sale? I tried sending you a PM but your box is full.

sorry I sure dont.. when I rob my hives it goes pretty fast,one lady at church wanted 5 gallons...

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AdamMcK, purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer
13113 Registered Users
Who's Online
44 registered (vj333, DocFox, AndyW, hinshm, catman529, wyatt, 4 invisible) and 91 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13113 Members
42 Forums
89424 Topics
1045847 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.238 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.