Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3203247 - 03/25/13 10:58 AM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: REN]
ewc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

I think it may be more in the speedbead mount, than the site itself. I had a devil of a time getting the one on my daughter's gun to stay at the same POI. You can move the mount side-side and up and down by pressing on the mount.

I finally tightened it as best as I could, remembering where the dot needs to be in relation to my front sight, and carry the adjustment tools in my vest.

It worked like a charm this past Saturday. I do think I will drill and tap the receiver for next year - for a more sturdy mount.

#3203327 - 03/25/13 12:10 PM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: ewc]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

content Online
I agree ewc, I think the speedbead was as much of the problem as the sight itself, if not the complete culprit. I hated how you could push the speedbead base with your thumb and the POA move constantly, even with my stock being tightened to the point that I barely got it off yesterday (with my buddy's help). The speedbead just wasn't my cup of tea, especially for something as important in my eyes as my turkey gun. I took the speedbead mount off yesterday and am returning it to Amazon today. I ordered the 336 base and will have a gunsmith drill and tap my receiver at some point for next year. In the meantime, I will go with what I know and shoot my sights that I have shot the last several years without any probelms. For me the speedbead and red dot was more of a want and not so much a need, thus I will suffice with what I got until I have more time to invest in getting the gun drilled and tapped for the 336 as well as tinkering with a red dot when I am not in a rush to hunt with it.

#3204096 - 03/26/13 07:35 AM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: Andy S.]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Andy S.
I agree ewc, I think the speedbead was as much of the problem as the sight itself, if not the complete culprit.

I'd bet "complete culprit" was the case, since you already know there was "play" in your speedbead mount.

#3204131 - 03/26/13 08:16 AM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: Wes Parrish]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
I'd bet "complete culprit" was the case, since you already know there was "play" in your speedbead mount.
Agree Wes. Unfortunately for me, I never thoroughly inspected the speedbead base until I had already sent the FFIII sight back, and it was then that I really examined the speedbead and determined it had a tiny bit of play in it, but that tiny bit equates to inches on a sight at 40 yards. I was skeptical of the speedbead mount to begin with, but I loved how low profile it was and that drove me to go with it, plus I read numerous others reviews online who liked it on their setups. Needless to say, I did not love it enough to have a constantly moving red dot though. Another thing that did not help with my hastily decision to send the FFIII back was the fact a Burris rep on another forum erroneously told me the sight was made in China. This may sound snobbish, but I did not then and still do not want ANYTHING on my hunting setups from China, especially something as important as my sight, thus I was glad to return it at the time. Knowing what I know now coupled with the fact that the FFIII is made in the Phillipines and not China like their rep originally told me, I would for sure give a FFIII another try with a solid base. I have read too many reviews of other hunters in numerous states who really like them, so I kind of thought all along that my experience was unique in all aspects.

#3204226 - 03/26/13 09:47 AM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: Andy S.]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

yeah i cant give a full review as i have not been through a season with it but as of now mine mounted on a picatinnay rail has been sold and held true during the sight in process off of a lead sled.

we will see how it holds up for a season though as i can be pretty hard on my gun in the month of april. I had the Mueller Quick Shot and it made it through 3 seasons so i hope this one does as well.

John 3:16

#3204279 - 03/26/13 10:35 AM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: REN]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: REN
... i can be pretty hard on my gun in the month of april.
Same here REN.

#3204682 - 03/26/13 04:23 PM Re: Burris Fastfire 3 - Bad First Impression [Re: Andy S.]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

my other post should have said SOLID not SOLD sorry.

John 3:16

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (Kritter Gitter, Andy S., infoman jr., dmonty, Daniel n, choupique, 12 invisible) and 132 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85597 Topics
1034305 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.271 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.