Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3192865 - 03/14/13 06:03 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Rob R.]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Rob R.
What I do have a problem with is scientist trying to discredit or disprove that there is God.

I have never seen any theory, experiment, hypothesis, or otherwise that set out to disprove there is a God. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have seen God mentioned in any scientific writing at all.

#3192897 - 03/14/13 07:01 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: BamaProud]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

What I do have a problem with is scientist trying to discredit or disprove that there is God.

Please provide a link to a published article in a scientific journal stating this. I've never seen one and would like to read it.

#3192898 - 03/14/13 07:02 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Poser]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: ferg
Yea - sure they did - and some day, when God's tired of folks 'playing god' He'll put an end to it, all of it ;\)

Im with you ferg!!

Boy, that's a swell attitude. If Newton, Einstein, Pasteur, Copernicus, Darwin, Da Vinci and a few other individuals had followed that philosophy, we might still be living in the Dark Ages.

It is shortsighted and possibly a bit self indulgent to think that the motivating factor behind science is to disprove the notion of God. I would think to the contrary: the more you understand about the universe and its inner workings, the more you understand about God. At the very least, it is of no more threat to religion than understanding that the Earth is not the center of the universe, how gravity works, the practice of Alchemy, advanced technology, mico biology, biology in general, understanding bacteria, medical treatment, nano technology, etc (the list goes on), all of which benefit every member of this forum in direct and indirect manners without suffering the loss of a single ounce of faith.

The term the "God Particle" is not even a scientific name. That's just what the press calls it because it is more explanatory than the "Higgs Boson." This is a (missing link) cornerstone of physics that Eisenstein was onto. It is a big deal.

Considering the fact the world is going to all" to hell in a hand basket" so quickly these days. We may very well have been better off before so much technolgy came into our lives.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3192962 - 03/14/13 08:10 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Please provide a link to a published article in a scientific journal stating this. I've never seen one and would like to read it.

Buzzard Breath, I cannot give you proof to back of my statement as it is merely my humble opinion.
I question the science of dating of rock and bone and such and wonder how it corresponds with the Bible. I question any science that in my opinion trys to dispel God and Jesus. I just see God and religion being attacked on a daily occurance and have grown very tired of it. I am no Einstein or anything like that and will never claim to be. At the moment Im wondering why I'm even typing this. I made a comment that I agreed with ferg and here I am. I just am of the opinion that my good ole United States of America is dying. It is dying because God is being taken of every corner of our lives and existence. Our government is regulating God out of existence.

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

#3192975 - 03/14/13 08:26 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Buzzard Breath]
AT Hiker
6 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Tennessee

And you probably will not find a "published" article, and if you did it would likely be from a source one would consider discredited (like anything other than a .gov or .edu source). But watch a series of TED speakers or some physicist talk and you will quickly determine who believes and who does not, and those that do not are quick to point out what they call "flaws" in creationism and/or genisis. I have never heard Stephen Hawking come right out and say if he believes in God or not, but in A Illustrated Theory of Everything, Hawking did mention God and the Big Bang.

Then you have Richard Dawkins, now that guy obviously has his opinions on religion.

In order to understand scientist from the get go you have to accept the four different views of religion or belief or whatever you want to call it; agnostic,gnostic, atheist, and theist...these all of course overlap and form different groups like an "atheist agnostic" or someone who does not believe in god and also thinks that the existence of gods cannot be known, in other words this might mean that they donít believe in god because they havenít seen any evidence that supports their existence.

So of course you would see an article come right out and say they do or do not believe in God, it is more complicated than that. Hence the problem I have with them calling it the "God Particle", the liberal media is simply trying to make a mockery of something that is irrelevant to the research.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
-John Muir

#3193003 - 03/14/13 08:53 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Rob R.]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

At the moment Im wondering why I'm even typing this.

I'm with you on this. I personally try to stay out of the General Forum because the two subjects I won't talk about while hunting are religion and politics. You can take two people that have the same beliefs and they will still find a way to fight about something when talking about religion and politics. Every now and then, I get suckered into a topic and just can't leave well enough alone.

Thank you for your honesty. Have a good evening and its time for me to head back to the outdoor forums.

#3193021 - 03/14/13 09:08 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Rob R.
12 Point

I'm with you on this. I personally try to stay out of the General Forum because the two subjects I won't talk about while hunting are religion and politics. You can take two people that have the same beliefs and they will still find a way to fight about something when talking about religion and politics. Every now and then, I get suckered into a topic and just can't leave well enough alone.

Thank you for your honesty. Have a good evening and its time for me to head back to the outdoor forums.

Thank you sir and you have a good evening also.

#3193030 - 03/14/13 09:13 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Rob R.]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online

What a cotton picking minute. That isn't the way a political or religious discussion is supposed to end on the internet. Someone has to get mad and start calling names, making unsubstantiated claims against other persons character and stuff. Logical, respectful discussion has no place here! (no actually that was refreshing)

#3193042 - 03/14/13 09:28 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: BamaProud]
Rob R.
12 Point

Originally Posted By: BamaProud

What a cotton picking minute. That isn't the way a political or religious discussion is supposed to end on the internet. Someone has to get mad and start calling names, making unsubstantiated claims against other persons character and stuff. Logical, respectful discussion has no place here! (no actually that was refreshing)

Thanks BamaProud.
One of these days Im going to explain to you and everybody else on TnDeer why I wont intentionally belittle, argue with or name call anyone on this site. Its a really long story, not very pretty and something that I had just rather not talk about at this time. But it is something that I will share one day. I only know one person personally on TnDeer. And that would be my son. But I consider you guys and girls my extended family. I laugh with yall and I cry with yall. And I always look forward to hanging out here.

#3193420 - 03/15/13 12:22 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: BamaProud]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: ferg
I have no issue with science - my only point was, at some point, when God has had enough, He'll put a stop to it.

And for the record it should 'god particle' (small 'g' in by book)

Why would God get tired of it and put a stop to it?

Science and religion don't have to be at odds with each other. The simplest explanation that works for either side IMO is that God made everything the way he did to challenge us. He created a big puzzle that we are trying to figure out. Who knows, if or when we figure it all out, our "prize" may be eternal euphoric life with God. Heaven.

Tired of folks trying to 'play God' more along the lines of genetic re-engineering etc - cloning people etc - that's God's work not man's.

and eternal euphoric life with God has already been guaranteed to me with the death of Jesus on the Cross - the rest is up to me, no puzzle required. \:\)

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
jtw465, lovetohunt96, Csfraley, Big Dc, JaxTN870
13411 Registered Users
Who's Online
137 registered (The ScubaCamper, Rubberduck270, encore06, ferg, Stk_Um_N_The_Vitals, J.W.308, 14 invisible) and 176 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13411 Members
42 Forums
96662 Topics
1131813 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.