Topic Options
#3192631 - 03/14/13 12:03 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Poser]
AT Hiker
6 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: Rob R.
 Originally Posted By: ferg
Yea - sure they did - and some day, when God's tired of folks 'playing god' He'll put an end to it, all of it ;\)

Im with you ferg!!

Boy, that's a swell attitude. If Newton, Einstein, Pasteur, Copernicus, Darwin, Da Vinci and a few other individuals had followed that philosophy, we might still be living in the Dark Ages.

It is shortsighted and possibly a bit self indulgent to think that the motivating factor behind science is to disprove the notion of God. I would think to the contrary: the more you understand about the universe and its inner workings, the more you understand about God. At the very least, it is of no more threat to religion than understanding that the Earth is not the center of the universe, how gravity works, the practice of Alchemy, advanced technology, mico biology, biology in general, understanding bacteria, medical treatment, nano technology, etc (the list goes on), all of which benefit every member of this forum in direct and indirect manners without suffering the loss of a single ounce of faith.

The term the "God Particle" is not even a scientific name. That's just what the press calls it because it is more explanatory than the "Higgs Boson." This is a (missing link) cornerstone of physics that Eisenstein was onto. It is a big deal.

I agree, but during the times of those great scientist they didnt have the liberal media twisting it either. "God Particle" is a slap in the face IMO.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
-John Muir

#3192670 - 03/14/13 12:52 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: AT Hiker]
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

Originally Posted By: AT Hiker
I agree, but during the times of those great scientist they didnt have the liberal media twisting it either. "God Particle" is a slap in the face IMO.

Quick boys get a gun and shoot your tv, take a hammer to that iPhone, and somebody get me a match we need to burn these newspapers. The liberal media is out to twist our minds and eat our children.

My only question is if I take a member of the liberal media, tie him up, and throw him in the water. Will he float? If he does, you know what that means? They're witches! ;\)

#3192675 - 03/14/13 12:58 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: WMAn]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Try it and see...I'll watch!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3192676 - 03/14/13 12:58 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: WMAn]
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

All joking aside, in response to Poser's point, we need science. I think what all too often what we miss out on is the connection between knowing something, knowing why it's important, and how to make it beneficial.

Regardless of what you believe, it's important that everyone realize that we are a small part of something much bigger than ourselves. This fact eludes many whose faith is in God or whose faith is in science or anything else.

Also, regardless of your beliefs, there's always a chance that you might be wrong.

And Poser, Pasteur? The germ theory. C'mon man! You can come up with a better example than that of good science. Or maybe good science that hasn't been taken too far. Pasteur is more of Redblood's kind of science. Pasteur is not for the rare meat crowd, like you and I.

#3192728 - 03/14/13 01:50 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: huntinkev]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: huntinkev

Give up, There is a God and He did create all of this! Just accept the facts and move on.

God and science are not mutually exclusive, even if religion thinks they are. If our ancestors had adopted this mentality centuries ago, we wouldn't have the lives we have. Having an understanding of our universe, our planet, our bodies, our environment, etc. doesn't have to fly in the face of religion.

#3192741 - 03/14/13 02:10 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: TAFKAP]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

I have no issue with science - my only point was, at some point, when God has had enough, He'll put a stop to it.

And for the record it should 'god particle' (small 'g' in by book)

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3192832 - 03/14/13 05:12 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: Poser]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: Poser

The term the "God Particle" is not even a scientific name. That's just what the press calls it because it is more explanatory than the "Higgs Boson." This is a (missing link) cornerstone of physics that Eisenstein was onto. It is a big deal.

That's just what the press calls it because it is more CONTROVERSIAL than...

#3192835 - 03/14/13 05:20 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: ferg]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: ferg
I have no issue with science - my only point was, at some point, when God has had enough, He'll put a stop to it.

And for the record it should 'god particle' (small 'g' in by book)

Why would God get tired of it and put a stop to it?

Science and religion don't have to be at odds with each other. The simplest explanation that works for either side IMO is that God made everything the way he did to challenge us. He created a big puzzle that we are trying to figure out. Who knows, if or when we figure it all out, our "prize" may be eternal euphoric life with God. Heaven.

#3192840 - 03/14/13 05:22 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: WMAn]
AT Hiker
6 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: WMAn
 Originally Posted By: AT Hiker

Quick boys get a gun and shoot your tv, take a hammer to that iPhone, and somebody get me a match we need to burn these newspapers. The liberal media is out to twist our minds and eat our children.

My only question is if I take a member of the liberal media, tie him up, and throw him in the water. Will he float? If he does, you know what that means? They're witches! ;\)

Cool...I guess I struck a nerve or something

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
-John Muir

#3192861 - 03/14/13 05:51 PM Re: "God" particle found??? [Re: BamaProud]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

My oh my what have I missed. I dont have a problem with science at all. Most all the things we have today are because of some kind of science. What I do have a problem with is scientist trying to discredit or disprove that there is God. Not a god but the one and only God! The thought that all we are and all we have is because of a theory (Big Bang)! Please!!
As for the "God" particle found. Here is how I look at that. Genesis 1:27 says "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them" NIV. Isn't it possible that you and I and every human being that is, has ever been or will ever be has some "God" particle in ourselves or themselves?
Maybe the folks that claimed to have found a "God" particle have been looking in all the wrong places. Maybe they should have been looking in the mirror.

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TNDeerHunter270, rmyers@atpro1, ojf, Muwasi, Brad1
13550 Registered Users
Who's Online
153 registered (Thirty-06, rem270, l jones, Backstrapcrazy, harley 2008, eddie c, 20 invisible) and 235 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13550 Members
42 Forums
99318 Topics
1168334 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.08 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.