Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3181107 - 03/02/13 10:36 AM UT officials' prejudice and hypocracy exposed!
DSL_Connector
Spike


Registered: 03/02/13
Posts: 53
Loc: Knoxville, TN

Offline
.
What hypocrites the officials at the University of Tennessee have become!

They want the right to be prejudicial and discriminate against others. But they would scream to high heaven if the citizens wanted that same right [like businesses being able to hire whom they choose instead of hiring quotas].

The UT Advocacy website says they are "a grassroots network of alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of the University of Tennessee System." Their friends - the sheeple's nightmare.

The truth is they are a political organization funded by the taxpayer who works to undermine the very people whom they are supposed to serve - the taxpayer. They are not grassroots at all.

Below are two e-mails that UT Advocacy sent me during the month of February.

Excerpt from e-Mail sent from UT Advocacy, Feb. 15, 2013:

---

Advocacy Alert: Anti-Diversity Legislation (SB08/HB448)

Please pay special attention to the item below, as active advocacy is needed.

SB 8 (Summerville R-Dickson)/HB 448 (Powers R-Jacksboro): Prevents institutions of higher education from granting preference based on race, gender or ethnicity to students, employees or contractors. “Preference” in this legislation is currently undefined and could apply to all of the following areas (this list is not exhaustive):

- Gender-based residence halls

- Programs (e.g. summer programs for women interested in exploring STEM fields)

- Opportunity Hiring Processes

- Student Organizations (e.g. all female sororities, all male fraternities, any organization wherein membership is based upon gender, race, or ethnicity)

- NCAA Sanctioned Sports Teams and Scholarships

- In Committee this week, Sen. Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) managed to amend the bill stipulating that it would prohibit any outreach or recruitment effort based on race, gender, or ethnicity. The bill’s sponsor, Sen. Jim Summerville (R-Dickson) accepted this as a “friendly amendment.” This is a direct reversal of Sen. Summerville’s original position, articulated in a meeting of higher education stakeholders the day before the committee took up the bill. Summerville had expressed that it was not his intent to impact recruitment and outreach efforts.

Campfield’s amendment would certainly impact existing practices that seek to recruit underrepresented groups to apply for certain programs or jobs. An example includes men in nursing programs. [Recipient comment: Or the right they want to discriminate against a student applicant in favor of a less qualified one.]

Please contact members of the House and Senate Education Committees on this bill. Let them know that diversity in higher education is important [To whom is it important?], and that students learn better [Learn better!? Where's proof?] in diverse campus communities. These diverse communities facilitate the development of cultural competencies necessary for success in the modern global economy.

Thank you for your continued support of the University of Tennessee System.

---

e-Mail sent from UT Advocacy, Feb. 28, 2013:

(This was an e-mail address specifically to me. I am a UT alumni. They evidently got my e-mail address from my dsl account with AT&T.)

---

Dear [My Name (removed)],

Have you ever wondered if your advocacy efforts make a difference? In the case of SB 8, they did. Please see the following story from WPLN, Nashville Public Radio. Our UT advocates sent a strong message to legislators by sending over 1,300 emails, phone calls, and letters opposing the bill.

Even the bill's sponsor, Sen. Jim Summerville, noticed strong opposition, calling UT's advocacy presence an "army of lobbyists." While not "lobbyists" in legal or technical terms, we appreciate all of our advocates taking the time to speak out on the issue. You have made an impact: the bill has been defeated for the remainder of this legislative session. Thank you for your work as an advocate for UT.

(News report from Nashville Public Radio web site)

Anti-Affirmative Action Bill Torpedoed by UT

Wednesday, February 27th, 2013, by Blake Farmer

The state’s public universities have fended off a law intended to keep them from showing preference toward women and minorities. They say admissions and hiring practices don’t need to be reworked.

College officials say they’re already precluded by federal rules from giving applicants a leg up on the basis of race or gender. However, they do have programs to recruit certain under-represented groups, like black males.

Senator Jim Summerville of Dickson sponsored the bill and says he’s not surprised by the outcome.

“UT sent in an army of lobbyists to kill it. They said they don’t practice preferences. If they don’t, what was the big deal?”

Summerville’s legislation spawned hours of debate about affirmative action. The bill failed after three members of the Senate Education Committee – one Democrat and two Republicans – refused to vote.

---

The UT Advocacy website

About UT Advocacy

UT Advocacy is the official grassroots network of alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of the University of Tennessee System. Advocates believe in the University’s value to all Tennesseans and share that message with elected officials. Your voice can impact Tennessee’s future. Become an advocate today.

UT Advocacy Twitter Account

UT Advocacy Facebook Account


Edited by DSL_Connector (03/02/13 10:37 AM)

Top
#3181472 - 03/02/13 06:04 PM Re: UT officials' prejudice and hypocracy exposed! [Re: DSL_Connector]
hunter0925
8 Point


Registered: 01/21/13
Posts: 1092
Loc: TN, Rhea,

Offline
Racism is more and more being pointed toward the white man and we are lower on the totem pole. There is no equality in our nation. Anything that we do is considered to be racist but if they do something then it is considered retribution.
_________________________
We the unwanted, do the unthinkable, for the ungrateful.
In Each Other We Trust.

Top
#3181795 - 03/03/13 12:06 AM Re: UT officials' prejudice and hypocracy exposed! [Re: hunter0925]
Koyodiak
8 Point


Registered: 04/12/10
Posts: 1347
Loc: Kodak, TN

Offline
Welcome to TNDeer, DSL!
_________________________
"...I don't need change
Baby, I need foldin' money..."

Top
#3184395 - 03/05/13 03:49 PM Re: UT officials' prejudice and hypocracy exposed! [Re: Koyodiak]
Hangnail
12 Point


Registered: 11/30/00
Posts: 7177
Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Offline
95% of the people that attend most any college are there to learn how to make money, i.e., gain knowledge for future employment or are working there as a profession. The other 5% are there simply to force their ideals on others. This includes some members of the administration and the professors. These folks think their way is always superior to the other 95%. They're either paid to spew their venom via tenure or they are students thinking they live in 1968. It isn't the Vietnam War now, it's the environment, racism, anything green except money, etc. What pisses me off the most is 70% of the funding at these state schools is taxpayer funded, not tuition.
Top
Page 1 of 1 1


Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
4104881
RUGER
86295
Deer Assassin
64812
BSK
60498
Crappie Luck
51375
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
58 registered (MUP, DaveB, Dbllunger, BamaProud, danny1975, duckriver, 9 invisible) and 77 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88997 Topics
1041112 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.23 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.