Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3182706 - 03/04/13 01:20 AM Letter sent regarding Distinguished Warfare Medal
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

Mr Desjarlais,
My name is Daniel Okeefe and I am writing you concerning the new military medal being created for the pilots of drone attacks. I honorably served in the USMC for four and a half years before being medically retired due to injuries obtained while deployed to Iraq. The medal that is in question is the Distinguished Warfare Medal. While I recognize that drone pilots are vital to the modern day warfare tactics for the United States, I do not believe that this medal should out rank any medal received while risking ones life while actually being deployed and risking ones life on the front lines of battle. The new medal is ssaid to outrank the Purple Heart and the Bronze star with Combat V (for valor, also known as combat distinguishing device) and I, as well as many other Veterans and non-Veterans alike, see this as a slap in the face to those that have fallen and risked their lives in service to this country. I personally have received both of the previously mentioned medals but am not writing this out of concern or regard for myself. I am writing this to you because of other Veterans that have bravely fought, been wounded, and even fallen in battle. I have lost many friends who showed much more dedication and Valor than myself and am very dissapointed to see our Government show so little respect for their lives and dedication to service. Our country and Veterans deserve better than what is being provided them, especailly from events such as these, and I urge you to do everything that is in your power to pass this along and stand up for the Veterans of your district and of the country for which you and I have or are serving. Please speak up for those who cannot and recomend that the Order of Precedence for this medal be revised and placed in a more suited and respectable spot on our men and womens uniforms.
Sincerely,
Daniel Okeefe, CPL USMC

I urge everyone here that feels that what I wrote is correct to also pass along your disdain for this medal and its' precedence to our elected reps.

#3182819 - 03/04/13 08:18 AM Re: Letter sent regarding Distinguished Warfare Medal [Re: hunter0925]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

I agree with this. If this new medal had been ranked below the Purple Heart, I don't think any stir would have occurred.

It's hard to understand the rational of putting this above medals which are received in the face of combat.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#3182841 - 03/04/13 08:38 AM Re: Letter sent regarding Distinguished Warfare Medal [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

They've already told the American Legion and the VFW they are not going to review this medal.

I figure its a way to try and keep the drone pilots content, so if things go bad they are more loyal to the politicans instead of the people.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AirCav!, five by five, Nolsgym, HeaterEngineer, truebowman
13303 Registered Users
Who's Online
36 registered (leader, ffmedic, devo1980, buckaroo, MUP, archer19, 2 invisible) and 62 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13303 Members
42 Forums
93939 Topics
1097152 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.