Tndeer Logo

Page 477 of 574 « First<475476477478479>Last »
Topic Options
#3177684 - 02/27/13 07:40 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18 NKJV

It is often so easy to say, "I love you," but the proof is in the corresponding actions. Do we back up our words with our actions? If we say I love you, but show no respect, nor are we helpful when the opportunity arises, then our words are shallow.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15 Note what this verse doesn't say....It doesn't say if we keep his commandments, then we love Him. Love comes before the actions. If the love you have isn't sewn in the heart, actions will be broken; infidelity, adultery, lying, cheating, etc will all occur.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3177917 - 02/27/13 10:36 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: encore06]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:20 NIV

#3178085 - 02/27/13 01:00 PM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Pray. Pray. Pray.
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

1 John 5:14,15 NIV

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

James 5:14-16 KJV

When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Matthew 6:5,6 NASB

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3178740 - 02/28/13 03:15 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
kdxdude
10 Point

The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 15:4 NIV

#3178752 - 02/28/13 04:23 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: kdxdude]
MUP
Non-Typical

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:3,4 NIV

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:1,2 KJV

By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks.

Hebrews 11:3,4 NASB

#3179115 - 02/28/13 10:40 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: mr.big]
MUP
Non-Typical

Becoming Like Him
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies Himself, just as He is pure.

1 John 3:2,3 NIV

His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2 Peter 1:3,4 KJV

Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-8 NASB

#3179927 - 03/01/13 05:40 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loving Him
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

Deuteronomy 7:9 NIV

Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Ephesians 6:23,24 KJV

Because he has loved Me,
therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high,
because he has known My name.

He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.

Psalm 91:14,15 KJV

#3180000 - 03/01/13 07:33 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
kdxdude
10 Point

Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.

Proverbs 22:4 NIV

#3182692 - 03/03/13 11:16 PM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: kdxdude]
kdxdude
10 Point

During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."

Daniel 2:19-23 NIV

#3182715 - 03/04/13 04:55 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: kdxdude]
MUP
Non-Typical

Humility
And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. "

Matthew 18:3-5 NIV

When men are cast down,
then thou shalt say,
There is lifting up;
and he shall save the humble person.

Job 22:29 KJV

But he gives more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you men of double mind.

James 4:6-8 RSV

Page 477 of 574 « First<475476477478479>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (excalhunter) and 53 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.082 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.