Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 8 « First<45678
Topic Options
#3178356 - 02/27/13 04:56 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

I remember a few years ago, a guy raising python snakes (in Florida) complaining about how it was NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS what he raised on his own property.
#3178369 - 02/27/13 05:09 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Deer Boy

I'm sure any business any where you look someone will break the law! Whenever you start trading money someone is going to find a way to cheat. So why do you want to "dictate" what LAW abiding farmers want to do on their property according to the actions of others?

Do you believe just because there is a "law" on the books that is going to keep illegal deer from coming into the state? How many deer has it stopped so far? How do you know at that deer haven't been brought into Tennessee already from Wisconsin? You don't!

Most people are law abiding and all the deer farmers I know don't even fit the picture you have painted on here. They are law abiding and they sell all their deer to shooting preserves and to other farmers. They don't have to have TN to make a living. Unlike the emu and ostrich farms the preserves buy everything the farmers have to sell! S it's not your "shell game" that you call it!

Also, even if there was no such thing as CWD you would still be on here, on your "high horse" talking about how unethical it is to kill a deer inside a fence. Why not join PETA and talk about how unethical to shoot a cow in a holding pen and serving up a hamburger?

I view it no different than a tree hugger posing his "ethics and ideals" onto everyone else. Let us be Americans and pursue his or her dreams and get out of the way! All we need is more laws and regulations telling everyone what they can and can't do on their own property!

Guess you and Bowriter will gang up here and start bashing me and my beliefs next! Wish we had better things to do!
Like you I also believe a farmer should be able to use his land as he sees fit as long as it is legal. A farmer can't grow marijuana, poppies, hemp, Africanized Honeybees and many other things because it is illegal to do so. If there were no danger associated with these products you would see many farmers growing them for a profit. Deer farming falls into the same category,if deer farming posed no risk to the native deer herd it would not bother me a bit to have a deer farm myself.

There is no way that PETA would ever accept me into their ranks, I love to watch the light fade out in the eyes of something I have just put a load of shot, bullet, arrow or anything else I can use, into.

Saturday of this week I hope to reduce a bunch of birds to piles of feathers at the "Pheasant, Chucker and Quail hunt" where they have been pen raised, twirled around in a sack and put out on the ground for my enjoyment!!! \:D

#3178487 - 02/27/13 06:59 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
BigGameGuy
TWRA Biologist
12 Point

Loc: Nashville

As far as the ostrich and emu market, I never saw the desire of millions of hunters looking for a "trophy" ostrich! How does Boone and Crockett score a trophy ostrich anyways? :-P

Boone and Crockett scores ostriches the same way they score high-fenced deer...they don't. It violates their fair chase ethics.

#3178707 - 02/27/13 10:54 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: BigGameGuy]
Deer Boy
4 Point

Loc: Union City, TN

Lol at biggameguy! There goes the ol' "ethics" issue! If high fence is so offensive then shut down the high fence deer hunting "clubs" in TN that's not farmed deer! What's the difference deer is deer.
Your right farmed deer are SCI book animals. SCI does more for the right to hunt and hunters than B&C ever will! Guess you need to shut down the army ammunition hunts also, due to someone's "ethics" might be offended! Next Tennessee will become a right to bait state next, boy that will upset the ethic police!
What does the state care anyways, only thing they're concerned with is controlling the population and pacify the "sportsmanship" complaints and then combine the two.

#3178769 - 02/28/13 05:08 AM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
Beekeeper
16 Point

LOL at Deer Boy. I don't think he knows the difference in killing a goat tied to a tree and killing a deer in the Cherokee National Forrest!! \:D \:D

#3179276 - 02/28/13 01:17 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
Pursuit Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Way out there

SCI does more for the right to shoot the biggest trophies with the least hunting skills than B&C ever will!
Fixed it for you.

I'll take B&C's ethics and sportsmanship values over SCI's egos and showmanship any day.

Carry on...

http://www.pursuithunting.com
http://www.pursuitland.com

#3179313 - 02/28/13 02:00 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Pursuit Hunter]
Deer Boy
4 Point

Pursuit hunter, don't be misquoting me or anyone else! At least you could work for MSNBC with those skills.

#3179333 - 02/28/13 02:16 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
Deer Boy
4 Point

Beekeeper, what's the difference in shooting a farm raised deer and shooting a farm raised pheasant, or quail that the "guide" has to throw his hat at to make it fly? To me none, they were both raised for a purpose and if that's what you enjoy then have at it! Enjoy yourself that's what is all about, take your family and friends and have a good time! A lot of the deer preserve hunters enjoy time away to hunt and guaranteed a deer, just like you want to enjoy shooting birds without all the work in finding a good place to hunt and putting the foot leather in finding wild birds. Don't blame you, if you have means to pay and hunt congratulations more power to you! But don't throw me under the bus cause I defend someone to have the right to raise those deer!

Btw, yes I have killed deer in Cherokee national forest and no I haven't ever killed a high fence deer, well except at HAAP if you want to count that!

#3179342 - 02/28/13 02:23 PM Re: deer farming vote postponed [Re: Deer Boy]
Beekeeper
16 Point

It is not the high fence part that I object to, it is the dangers of importing deer. There is no dependable live test for CWD at this time.

Page 8 of 8 « First<45678

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (WRbowhunter, Diehard Hunter, redheadshooter, diamond hunter, TAG1, HOOT OWL, 14 invisible) and 140 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89191 Topics
1043076 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.235 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.