Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 8 « First<45678
Topic Options
#3179216 - 02/28/13 12:20 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: BamaProud]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
X3 if you are carrying correctly and safely, the chance of anyone finding out is miniscule. While the chance of actually needing it is also miniscule, the consequence of not having it if you need it can be deadly.

Exactly. By the grace of God they didn't come into our building but they did break into 6 cars in the parking lot beside our parking lot. There is a 5' grass area between our 2 parking lots. That's how close they got to us.

When the police sent the notice across our network you could actually go to the windows and see the 3 guys.
My other concern was the other 2 people in my office was a 63 year old woman and a 57 year old man. I would have felt horrible if one or both of them got shot and I could have done something about it. I have two 1 1/2" thick wooden doors I can close and get into our server room where I would pretty much be safe but I couldn't leave the two elder people to defend themselves.

Luckily the 3 guys were caught right outside our parking lot and were taken in but it was kind of a wake up call.
I carry a Glock 27 (.40 sub-compact) when I put it in my Carhartt coat you can't tell I have it on me at all.

#3179259 - 02/28/13 12:57 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

They just don't know how "lucky" they were to get caught then do they 89? That's what gets me about criminals like that...they don't realize that behind each door, could be lights out. \:\/

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3179266 - 02/28/13 01:06 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: MUP]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP
They just don't know how "lucky" they were to get caught then do they 89? That's what gets me about criminals like that...they don't realize that behind each door, could be lights out. \:\/

YEP lol I had 2 9 rd magazines and 1 in the chamber of Hornady Critical Defense waiting lol
They also could see the big "NO GUNS" on our doors.
Thing they don't know atleast one of us in here has a gun lol.
I have a straight shot from my office door to the front doors.
They open the front doors and one step in it's goodnight forever...
I was just talking to office director via email. She said not even 3 months ago the building to our right was held up at gun point.
She told me "They did the right thing, they listened and obeyed the criminals" 1 out of 2 were caught.
I told her ya that's what I would do... She doesn't know I keep my gun in my car. She's a HUGE liberal and anti-gun to the max.
She was the one giving me crap a few weeks ago about my anti-obama stickers.

Edited by 89cherokeelimited (02/28/13 01:07 PM)

#3179272 - 02/28/13 01:11 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Sheesh. Keep it very low profile, and don't talk about it to any of your co-workers then, I wouldn't.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3179275 - 02/28/13 01:16 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: MUP]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP
Sheesh. Keep it very low profile, and don't talk about it to any of your co-workers then, I wouldn't.

None of them know lol
Only people that know is my wife and people on TNDEER. lol
I know non of my co-workers are on TNDEER because they are all liberals who love obama, hate guns, and hate hunting lol
That couldn't exist on TNDEER lol

#3179289 - 02/28/13 01:28 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
Hawkeye5
6 Point

Loc: Hendersonville

I wonder what the state will do in its own parking lots? Time will tell.
And when you Drink, drink with me, my friends.

Molon Labe!

#3179291 - 02/28/13 01:30 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Hawkeye5]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hawkeye5
I wonder what the state will do in its own parking lots? Time will tell.

My thoughts exactly. Since I work for the state, I am very interested!

Page 8 of 8 « First<45678

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (Tims, HilhamHawk, RxHunter, archer19, feldmutze, TN_Greenhead, 14 invisible) and 155 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94028 Topics
1098334 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.183 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.