Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3175682 - 02/25/13 12:41 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: Hunter 257W]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

land prices in bradley county have not dipped below 5k per acre .
#3175885 - 02/25/13 04:15 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: utfan1]
Food Plot 101
8 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,TN USA

$5k an acre ain't a bad deal for good land. It's around $10k per in quite a few areas I know of. Of course, I can't afford to buy it but I've never been shy to go door knocking to hunt. Never paid to hunt a place in my life, I guess I'm just lucky.
#3175948 - 02/25/13 04:48 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: jar]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: jar
Hunter 257 are you serious? You want Tn to be known for small deer so hunting land prices wont increase along with everything else. Things change over time and alot of folks are hoping their property values increase over time, I am one of those people. 100 acres on my road in Rutherford couty just auctioned at $3300 an acre, just rough rocky land. I wish it had gone for much higher.

I paid around $2,900 an acre for mine. It is unimproved and has a lot of rocks though, so I felt it was a good price. I too hope it goes up in the next few years. Then I can sell and get something bigger.

There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.
General James Mattis

#3176100 - 02/25/13 06:45 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: Bone Collector]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: Bone Collector
 Originally Posted By: jar
Hunter 257 are you serious? You want Tn to be known for small deer so hunting land prices wont increase along with everything else. Things change over time and alot of folks are hoping their property values increase over time, I am one of those people. 100 acres on my road in Rutherford couty just auctioned at $3300 an acre, just rough rocky land. I wish it had gone for much higher.

I paid around $2,900 an acre for mine. It is unimproved and has a lot of rocks though, so I felt it was a good price. I too hope it goes up in the next few years. Then I can sell and get something bigger.

But if your land goes up in value, the bigger place you are looking at goes up too. I bought 177 acres and I could care less if it ever goes up because it is not nor will it ever be for sale as long as I'm around. I hope land takes a nosedive so I can possibly buy more joining land someday.

#3176885 - 02/26/13 01:23 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: Hunter 257W]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

While the price they paid isnt really high at all for that area, it will be worth a lot more in 10 yrs if the trend continues, as similar land there just 10 yrs ago was sold for $1500 and acre, and less than 5 yrs ago for $3000 an acre!! Can you say Investment!
#3177159 - 02/26/13 05:12 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: Winchester]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Winchester
While the price they paid isnt really high at all for that area, it will be worth a lot more in 10 yrs if the trend continues, as similar land there just 10 yrs ago was sold for $1500 and acre, and less than 5 yrs ago for $3000 an acre!! Can you say Investment!

No doubt doubling the value in only 5 yrs is a good - no GREAT- investment but you can only realize the gain of land by selling it. I don't see that as a practical thing for a bunch of hunters buying land to pursue their hobby (Hunting) on. If you sell the land you have no place to hunt.
Typically when investing, you invest throughout you working/career and plan to live off that investment during retirement. If your investment is your hunting property, Id sure dread retirement coming. Being free to be on my land every day is one of the prime benefits I am looking forward to in retirement. Selling my land is not an option ever.

#3179016 - 02/28/13 09:20 AM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: Hunter 257W]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W

No doubt doubling the value in only 5 yrs is a good - no GREAT- investment but you can only realize the gain of land by selling it. I don't see that as a practical thing for a bunch of hunters buying land to pursue their hobby (Hunting) on. If you sell the land you have no place to hunt.
Typically when investing, you invest throughout you working/career and plan to live off that investment during retirement. If your investment is your hunting property, Id sure dread retirement coming. Being free to be on my land every day is one of the prime benefits I am looking forward to in retirement. Selling my land is not an option ever.

I agree but things dont always go as planned. The Smart investor will always atleast try to buy land regardless of its use, that will gain in value as fast as possible. This just opens up so many different choices later on, vs buying land that increases very little if any over a few years time. Money is what makes most everything possible, unfortunately!

#3179430 - 02/28/13 03:50 PM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: Winchester]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W

I agree but things dont always go as planned. The Smart investor will always atleast try to buy land regardless of its use, that will gain in value as fast as possible. This just opens up so many different choices later on, vs buying land that increases very little if any over a few years time. Money is what makes most everything possible, unfortunately!

True, even if I never plan to sell, it's nice to know it will be worth more than I paid for it someday. My family can benefit from it financially if they so chose once I'm gone. Since I had to buy mine an an auction, I'm pretty sure mine isn't worth what I paid for it at this time. Heck, I know it's not - there wasn' another buyer around other than the one person bidding against me and it was advertised to the max so it will take a while just to reach the value I paid. But like I said, I didn't buy it with selling as an option. \:\)

#3180163 - 03/01/13 10:13 AM Re: Pike County land prices.......... [Re: ChippewaPartners]
TLRanger
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

I have THREE acres in Southwest Davidson County, TN. that is assesed by the tax assesor at $75,000. I bought the land in 1975 for $1,000 per acre. It is unimproved land, half level and open and half hillside wooded. Guess I should sell it before the price drops.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
36 registered (dralarms, buckaroo, MUP, stik, Huntaholic, landman, 3 invisible) and 70 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91720 Topics
1071959 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.094 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.