Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3176606 - 02/26/13 09:24 AM Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders
Doskil
6 Point

Loc: NC USA

discriminatory? This article says so.
 Quote:

Such regulations have come under attack as being discriminatory, since they eliminate the opportunity for hunters who can’t see open sights well enough to achieve proper shot placement and participate in special muzzleloader seasons,” said Toby Bridges, president of the North American Muzzleloader Hunting Association. “To use a scope, other states make hunters jump through hoops by undergoing a medical examination, at their own expense, and applying for an exemption.”

http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=5018

#3176625 - 02/26/13 09:43 AM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Doskil]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Sounds pretty reasonable to me,when i was young I wouldn't have cared,nowadays its a requirement to ck horns or see small limbs ect in the line of site.In a perfect world my bino's would work as well but in a hunting situation when seconds matter a scope cannot be beat IMO

#3176637 - 02/26/13 09:52 AM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: mike243]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Scopes have greatly added to hunter safety, too, as they allow a clearer view both of the game and what's behind it, even for those with great eyes.
#3176748 - 02/26/13 11:35 AM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Wes Parrish]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Frankly, I cannot shoot a rifle without a scope. The back sight is too blurry! So yes, it would preclude me from hunting if we had laws that banned scopes.

#3176781 - 02/26/13 12:02 PM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Glad I'm not a muzzleloader hunter, everyone has scopes on thiers in Wisconsin and I supposed I'd already have one on mine if I owned one. Most people use MZ to get past the no rifle zones in the southern part of the state.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3176883 - 02/26/13 01:17 PM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Redfred16]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

It all depends on how the season is listed, for example, MZ season is just that, with most anything loaded from the breech being legal, where primitive weapons season can have many more restrictions in most cases.
#3176970 - 02/26/13 02:36 PM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Diehard Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
Frankly, I cannot shoot a rifle without a scope. The back sight is too blurry! So yes, it would preclude me from hunting if we had laws that banned scopes.

Same here. I can no longer see the rear sight of open sights. Just a big blur.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3177041 - 02/26/13 03:35 PM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: BSK]
Hawk
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: west tenn.

Originally Posted By: BSK

Same for me. I try to voice my dis-pleasure with the manager of Tn. National every year. Iron sights only. Managing people instead of the resource.

#3177061 - 02/26/13 03:57 PM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Hawk]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Hawk

Same for me. I try to voice my dis-pleasure with the manager of Tn. National every year. Iron sights only. Managing people instead of the resource.

I had no idea TN National didn't allow scopes on MZs. Guess that's why we saw one of our nice middle-aged bucks come off the Refuge during a TN National MZ hunt with one of his back legs nearly shot off.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3177112 - 02/26/13 04:31 PM Re: Is prohibiting scopes on muzzleloaders [Re: Hawk]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hawk

LOL! Want me to get after him? Baron and his wife were class mates of mine at UTK many years ago! He should understand, I am sure he can't see any better then the rest of us in the over 40 crowd!

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (TN Larry, swami, MoonBuzzard, lockandloaded, eddiep, drrxnupe, 12 invisible) and 152 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89359 Topics
1045022 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.251 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.