Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3172979 - 02/22/13 10:36 AM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: MUP]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: MUP
Hmmmm. If they're guilty of , whatever crimes they are accused of, I hope they do the max time in prison...but I would not lend credence their guilt just b/c a hoard of govt officials descended upon them. ;\)
I have no idesa whats going on,but deffinatly agree with the last statement

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3173121 - 02/22/13 01:39 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: Football Hunter]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

This business did MUCH MUCH more than just own Cornbelt Whitetails. With the kind of attn they got, and from the agencies involved, the outfitting business is far from the root cause!
#3173127 - 02/22/13 01:47 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: Winchester]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: Winchester
This business did MUCH MUCH more than just own Cornbelt Whitetails. With the kind of attn they got, and from the agencies involved, the outfitting business is far from the root cause!

I have yet to see anyone imply that the outfitting service was the root cause, or a cause at all in yesterdays events. The service will more than likely be gone after this, but they are not the cause, and probably the by product of the reasons why the feds showed up yesterday.

If anything the outfitting service is evidence and nothing more.

The outfitter has flirted with the law enough on their own over the years, but yesterdays events have to do with business stuff that went on with the company the owners of Cornbelt also owned in Knoxville.

#3173199 - 02/22/13 03:12 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: Setterman]
Happy Birthday ChippewaPartners
10 Point

Loc: Pamelot, my farm near Catoosa

Don't worry, the Department of Justice said today they are going after Lance Armstrong and not Jon Corzine.

It's all about who you know at the top. Eric Holder is a bad, bad A.G. don't you think?

#3173242 - 02/22/13 04:23 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: ChippewaPartners]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

There were rumors flying all around about this last year. Then, it died down and this is the first I have heard in quite some time.

As with you, if the rumors I heard re game violations are true,( I suspect some are) it is somewhat the norm for some of the operations up there. However, I did hear some that were a little beyond normal.

As with you, that is all I will say. I know nothing about the businesses in Knoxville. All I know from last year's talk is the connection to the outfitting service, not what was going on.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3173243 - 02/22/13 04:27 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: JRE]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: JRE
Don't know much about this incident, but I do know that Cornbelt got busted posting a picture of a deer that they claimed was on their property, but was actually taken from a trail camera in Kansas in about 2009-2010. They photo shopped the picture to take out the corn feeder in the background, but someone on ArcheryTalk caught it and posted the original picture as proof. Caused quite a stir and I really thought that would have been the end of them then.

That sort of opened the floodgate of allegations for a while. I do not know of any specific allegation that was prosecuted or confirmed by an arrest.

#3173270 - 02/22/13 05:10 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: bowriter]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
There were rumors flying all around about this last year. Then, it died down and this is the first I have heard in quite some time.

As with you, if the rumors I heard re game violations are true,( I suspect some are) it is somewhat the norm for some of the operations up there. However, I did hear some that were a little beyond normal.

As with you, that is all I will say. I know nothing about the businesses in Knoxville. All I know from last year's talk is the connection to the outfitting service, not what was going on.

Are you implying I have violated game laws?

#3173309 - 02/22/13 05:53 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: Setterman]
JRE
4 Point

Loc: Hendersonville, TN

I never heard about a prosecution associated with the photoshop picture either (guess there could have been). I did see the AT thread and the pictures, and I saved a copy of the photos.
#3173329 - 02/22/13 06:11 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: MUP]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

Originally Posted By: MUP
Hmmmm. If they're guilty of , whatever crimes they are accused of, I hope they do the max time in prison...but I would not lend credence their guilt just b/c a hoard of govt officials descended upon them. ;\)
exactly,they probably didnt pay some taxes

#3173337 - 02/22/13 06:22 PM Re: Cornbelt Whitetails [Re: Setterman]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Setterman
 Originally Posted By: bowriter

Are you implying I have violated game laws?

Huh??? I don't even have a clue who you are. I'm not implying anybody did anything.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (dcsoldier44) and 50 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.