Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3153930 - 02/06/13 02:15 PM Looking for hunting buddies
TheUppercut
Button

Loc: Nashville, TN

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to hunting in general. I have gone small game hunting some but have had no success \:\(

I'm looking to get in a couple more hunts before the season ends and was wondering if anybody would like to have some extra company. I'm a teacher here in Nashville so my mornings/afternoons are booked up during the week, but I'm free each weekend.

I have my own firearms and gear and would be willing to provide anything else you or the group the needed. I'd help out with gas/food money or anything like that. I have completed the hunting education course and I have my CCW, but would be willing to leave my firearms in the truck until I earned the group's trust.

I'd love to hear back from you. Looking forward to spending more time on this forum and hopefully developing some new friendships.

Thanks guys.

#3155971 - 02/08/13 09:32 AM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: TheUppercut]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Best of luck in your looking.

Some of us were blessed to grow up with family or life-long friends that we hunt(ed) with. I know a few folks here in Memphis that started out in your same situation - they got into hunting on their own, and don't have people to go with.

My problem has always been that I love to take a new person along and help them out, but I have so little time to spend with my dad/brother that I generally give them first shot. I know time with my dad isn't infinite, so I always want to make the most of it.

Hopefully you can find someone, or a group, that can mentor you.

As far as small game hunting goes, the late winter season is much tougher. Fall hunting for small game (especially squirrels) makes you feel like there's an endless supply. Since I'm usually deer hunting then, I miss the best squirrel action \:\(

#3156147 - 02/08/13 11:45 AM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: Crosshairy]
TheUppercut
Button

Thank you for your kind reply. I never had the privilege of growing up in a hunting family or around friends that hunted...I'm so envious!

I'm willing to learn and will be as respectful as possible to the property and the group through the process. I will catch on quick and have no problem with feedback/being told I'm an idiot.

Learning to hunt the right way is important, from finding a good spot to shooting technique, field dressing and care, etc.

#3156557 - 02/08/13 05:41 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: TheUppercut]
coweye
4 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I wish you where closer to Knoxville
#3159090 - 02/10/13 07:48 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: coweye]
biglefty20
10 Point

Loc: Spring Hill/Giles County

content Online
What school you teach at? You can pm me if you'd rather, I'm a teacher also little south of you...I do some small game hunting when I can squeeze it in and could carry you sometime possibly

#3161772 - 02/12/13 08:50 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: biglefty20]
TheUppercut
Button

You guys have been great. I seriously appreciate everything and am looking forward to some good times.
#3161849 - 02/12/13 09:35 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: TheUppercut]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

I wish you luck.

I would be glad to take you to a few places I know for rabbit and squirrel, but the drive to Nashville will end my poor old trucks life on the interstate.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3170233 - 02/19/13 08:46 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: TheUppercut]
papaw
6 Point

Loc: west tn usa

Originally Posted By: TheUppercut
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to hunting in general. I have gone small game hunting some but have had no success \:\(

I'm looking to get in a couple more hunts before the season ends and was wondering if anybody would like to have some extra company. I'm a teacher here in Nashville so my mornings/afternoons are booked up during the week, but I'm free each weekend.

I have my own firearms and gear and would be willing to provide anything else you or the group the needed. I'd help out with gas/food money or anything like that. I have completed the hunting education course and I have my CCW, but would be willing to leave my firearms in the truck until I earned the group's trust.

I'd love to hear back from you. Looking forward to spending more time on this forum and hopefully developing some new friendships.

Thanks guys.

Hey bud , if you could get to jackson this weekend I would be more than happy to take you squirrel hunting on our family farm.If you have a bow , bring it with you and we can do some shooting as well. If you don't have a bow , well , I got one we can set you up with and you can try your hand at archery and see how you like that. Papaw

#3171947 - 02/21/13 12:22 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: papaw]
TNRazorback
6 Point

Loc: Tipton County, TN

Really cool of you to reach out with such an offer Papaw
#3172371 - 02/21/13 07:46 PM Re: Looking for hunting buddies [Re: TNRazorback]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Loc: Mt. Eagle

What all would you like to hunt ?? thers sevral things to hunt that will keep you in the woods until turkey season this spring.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (SES, wayne, Tennessee Lead, stryker, harley 2008, ZachMarkus, 13 invisible) and 165 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91492 Topics
1069601 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.