Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3171198 - 02/20/13 07:24 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: PinchPoint]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Heli-Hunter
 Originally Posted By: CountryBoy053
At least the name lasts \:\)
LOL

I'm not saying that out of hate. I love fords lol. I had 4, then bought a 05 silverado 1500, and 6 months later left the chevy for a 7.3 Powerstroke \:\)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3171354 - 02/20/13 09:21 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: CountryBoy053]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

Haha yeah it was ridiculous. I was amazed when he said it was that far. Especially with that dang trap! Turned out to be a pretty cool older fellow that I stayed in contact with till he passed away.

I'm gonna try to get my skull collection up this year. I just have a coon.

Thought about a squirrel skull, just because my fiance says I'd hang anything on the wall since its been so long since I've killed a good trophy.

Well I feel you. I don't really have any wall hangers. But I do have 6 squirrel tails hanging on my wall from one hunt haha.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3171391 - 02/20/13 09:49 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: Outdoor life]
Appalachian American
8 Point

Loc: Cookeville, TN

Hey OL. Saw these on fbook. Now I'll recognize your screen name.

#3171401 - 02/20/13 10:00 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: Appalachian American]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Appalachian American
Hey OL. Saw these on fbook. Now I'll recognize your screen name.

Yep, tndeer seems to appreciate things like this and other stuff I post far more than fbook. I kill a squirrel to eat and post it on there and I get "poor squirrel", while here I get "Nice!" haha

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3171611 - 02/21/13 07:33 AM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: Outdoor life]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

I saw 4 bucks and a doe just a week ago behind my hose. The doe was apparently in heat... AND they all still had their headgear. One was an 8 with a rack that extended just a little wider than his ears. I was really surprised they were on the doe and also that they still had their racks!

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3171625 - 02/21/13 07:52 AM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: Rebel]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

You'd better be careful because those pictures look similar to what the experts on "Finding Bigfoot" see all the time and they're sure it's from a Squach!
#3171641 - 02/21/13 08:04 AM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: iowavf]
htnseymour
8 Point

Loc: sevier county Tn

I went Friday and found a skeleton of what I thought was a yote, until I moved it and a collar fell off. That was kind of disturbing. Also found coon skull and no sheds

#3171997 - 02/21/13 01:28 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: htnseymour]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Rebel, I saw a small buck in a field about 2 weeks ago also with some doe and had its antlers, but to see 4 around one doe this time of year...that is surprising for sure.

htseymour, that sounds about right, finding many things but no sheds. I know that feeling lol

iowavf, hahaha, I know, and then I heard this knocking up in a tree, thought I saw something fly from the tree....It had to be a squatch!!! LOL

#3172038 - 02/21/13 02:07 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: Outdoor life]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Outdoor life
Haha yeah it was ridiculous. I was amazed when he said it was that far. Especially with that dang trap! Turned out to be a pretty cool older fellow that I stayed in contact with till he passed away.

I'm gonna try to get my skull collection up this year. I just have a coon.

Thought about a squirrel skull, just because my fiance says I'd hang anything on the wall since its been so long since I've killed a good trophy.

Well I feel you. I don't really have any wall hangers. But I do have 6 squirrel tails hanging on my wall from one hunt haha.

How do you preserve your tails?

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3172071 - 02/21/13 02:43 PM Re: I find EVERYTHING other than deer sheds LOL [Re: CountryBoy053]
Outdoor life
6 Point

I preserve them by two different ways:
1. Just cut it off bone and all and put some salt on it, and let is dry for a while. The work is easy but the wait till its done is longer.
2. When skinning the squirrel, I'll pull the hide all the way off, and get to the tail and pull it straight back and the tail will be with the hide and then I just cut the tail off the hide and put salt on it, unroll it, and let it dry ....this way it drys faster, but its harder (for me anyway) to skin the tail, since sometimes wither the bone breaks or the skin tears.

I preserve rabbits feet like that number 1 as well. Just cut it off and let dry.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
129 registered (bassassassin7, infoman jr., Urban_Hunter, Dan24, RodBone75, shooter_5_0, 14 invisible) and 172 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95916 Topics
1123144 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.053 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.