Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3166737 - 02/16/13 08:42 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: TN Larry]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

i could type all day long about Jeff. Hard pressed to ever meet a finer person. I will never forget the day he asked me for the info on granny when she was in the hospital he was gonna put her on the prayer list at church. Well him and the family came up here to middle TN he ditched the girls and went to the hospital met my aunt and prayed over granny she passed the next week. I will never ever forget that it really impressed me . I loved Jeff so much after that it meant the world to me.

Jeff was so good to me and tyler letting us have free reign of his place in lincoln county. Tyler killed his first deer with a rifle there and Ronnie Milsap's grand son killed his first deer ever there.

one of the worst days of my life the sat morn 2 weeks before he passed he posted on facebook to call him, i was in the turkey woods ad for some reason i just couldnt stay i had to leave to call him I was driving down 40 when he told me he had 2 weeks to live i got off the exit pulled into the shell station and we talked. I got all choked up he told me not to tell no one and do not put it on tndeer. I got to say what i wanted to. I told him thanks for every thing he ever did for me i told him how i felt about him and we said good bye. i sat in that parking lot cried like a baby came home and told tyler it was very upsetting

I miss u so much buddy

tndeer vous 2010

the crue

left to right

wyler milsap tyler (my son) me and Jeff's youngest daughter

jeff took the pic it was his last juvi hunt his daughter killed a spike that morn

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3167257 - 02/17/13 12:17 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: Deer Assassin]
MsuFinProf
8 Point

Loc: Murray, KY

I never got to meet Jeff but he seemed like the type of person we should have more of in this world. Passed away much too young.
And above the hills
The high blue windless skies
Now he will be a part of them forever

#3168972 - 02/18/13 06:45 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: TN Larry]
MadDoe
10 Point

Loc: Nashville, Tn

I was an advertiser on here (and would like to be again) and nbforrest bought a property though me. He was so easy to work with and I always loved running into him at "vous". The last time I talked with him was when I'd tried to run a prank on my brother JoeJ. He was riding with the Preacher and told me if he'd known my plan we'd have really got Joe better. My prayers go out to his family.

#3169069 - 02/18/13 07:40 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: MadDoe]
spitndrum
Supreme Hunting Outdoors Pro Staff
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

Thinking of you today Jeff, looking through my phone on my contacts to see about sending a group message out about our local NWTF banquet and when I got to the "N" nbforrest3 was there, I gave a little grin!

Miss you buddy!

#3170790 - 02/20/13 12:42 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: spitndrum]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Miss seeing Him on here,I liked talking to him about the Civil War....Great Guy..... \:\(

Edited by Boodaddy (02/20/13 12:43 PM)

#3170864 - 02/20/13 01:41 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: Boodaddy]
Phil1979
12 Point

Loc: Arlington, TN

Nicely done.
#3171002 - 02/20/13 04:32 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: Phil1979]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

A quick story about Jeff.

I lost my job in 2009 due to the economy. I announced it on here. That afternoon, I got a call from Jeff. He said "I don't have much but what I have I will give to help you out, car or house payment". He told me to call him if i ever needed money or a prayer and said he was praying for us. I told him I had everything covered but thanks. I went to work 3 days later and am better off now than I was then.

Funny thing about Jeff. At the point of that phone call, we had met a total of 2 times. I had no idea he was a preacher. Hell, I thought he was just a well spoken redneck like me. he didn't care if I drank beer, cussed, or whatever. He just wanted to be my friend. I learned a lot from him. I'm a better person for knowing him.

He was a cheater at horse shoes though. He poisoned the poppers that day. That's the only explanation for him and Larry beating the A team.

That night: (after the cheaters won)

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3171094 - 02/20/13 05:56 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: strutandrut]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

very special night

i remember telling dad about how we (me and strut) was gonna whoop jeff and ole larry

dad said i would never bet against the preacher man

dad was right.

id give anything it the world to go back to that night.

but i agree with strut Jeff did cheat and poison us.
I have never ate so much in my life.

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3171097 - 02/20/13 05:59 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: Deer Assassin]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin
very special night

i remember telling dad about how we (me and strut) was gonna whoop jeff and ole larry

dad said i would never bet against the preacher man

dad was right.

id give anything it the world to go back to that night.

but i agree with strut Jeff did cheat and poison us.
I have never ate so much in my life.

Like.

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3171425 - 02/20/13 10:24 PM Re: nbforrest#3 [Re: strutandrut]
Doe-lusional
16 Point

I remember going to see him in the hospital when he was first diagnosed. And then when I was in the hospital a few years later he called me just to pray with me. he is truly missed.
this pic is from one of the vous at henry horton.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  gtk, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (TNCHRIS, vanleerbuckbuster, 1 invisible) and 72 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.011 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.