Tndeer Logo

Page all of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3170655 - 02/20/13 10:47 AM Sequestration
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Editorial Exegesis

"During the summer 2011 debt ceiling battle, President Obama's White House came up with the idea of sequestration. It is a mechanism designed to trigger automatic spending cuts in the event that a congressional 'super committee' couldn't agree to at least $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction. Congress passed the White House proposal, and Obama signed it into law. And in November 2011, Obama vowed, 'I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy offramps on this one.' How times have changed. With the automatic spending cuts scheduled to go into effect March 1, it's now Obama who is imploring Congress to undo them. As is his wont, he's resorting to demagoguery to make his case. Surrounding himself with first responders during a speech on Tuesday, Obama predicted a virtual apocalypse if the cuts he once supported now go into effect. 'Emergency responders like the ones who are here today -- their ability to help communities respond to and recover from disasters will be degraded,' he said. 'Border Patrol agents will see their hours reduced. FBI agents will be furloughed. Federal prosecutors will have to close cases and let criminals go. Air traffic controllers and airport security will see cutbacks, which means more delays at airports across the country. Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off. Tens of thousands of parents will have to scramble to find child care for their kids. Hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings.' ... Over a decade, the $1.2 trillion in scheduled cuts are barely more than a rounding error when compared with the $48 trillion the federal government would otherwise spend, according to the Congressional Budget Office. To say the sequester will not be painful for many would be untrue. But if Obama wants to preserve his credibility, he should probably stifle the Chicken Little routine. The historical and continued growth in government spending will not even stop to take a breath, because the 'cuts' in spending are actually just reductions in the projected growth of government spending. ... If Obama can't manage an ever-growing budget like this one without turning criminals loose on the population, then perhaps he's out of his league serving as president." --The Washington Examiner

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editorial-obamas-scare-talk-on-spending-cuts/article/2521958

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3170885 - 02/20/13 02:09 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: MUP]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: In the Middle of no where

Let the hammer fall. The sequester will only be 2 to 5% of the total which is nothing. Let it fall.

#3170897 - 02/20/13 02:26 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I would say Im going to get 22 days of unpaid furlough this year if this happens.

#3172339 - 02/21/13 07:22 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: smstone22]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Let it burn.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3173362 - 02/22/13 06:54 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/20...questration.php

#3173437 - 02/22/13 08:15 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: TOW]
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

confused Online
It's not enough but we have to start cutting some time!

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3173451 - 02/22/13 08:22 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Dodge Man]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

let the cuts happen

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3173507 - 02/22/13 08:56 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Stalkhunter]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Far too little and too late. Neither party wants to solve the actual problem with spending.
When you jump off a cliff, flapping your arms real fast doesn't help much.

#3173564 - 02/22/13 09:30 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: preds1]
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

It certainly doesn't appear that they know how to reduce the deficit. It just keeps ticking higher each and every second.
When we hit rock bottom the only good thing is we can start moving up.

#3173602 - 02/22/13 10:21 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Super8]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I say start cutting away.... Maybe if our Nation does fall on its' face then it will make a few more people wise to the screwed up games our politicians play with our money and possibly (not very likely) turn our country around.

#3173605 - 02/22/13 10:28 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Super8]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

Loc: Rhea County

Originally Posted By: Super8
It certainly doesn't appear that they know how to reduce the deficit. It just keeps ticking higher each and every second.

Not true! I heard the president say just 2 days ago he cut the deficit by 2 trillion dollars. \:\/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/balanced-plan-avert-sequester-and-reduce-deficit

Edited by TN RDG RNR (02/22/13 10:49 PM)
Edit Reason: add link

#3173625 - 02/22/13 11:07 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: TN RDG RNR]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

They are not cuts. They are reductions in growth.x

Dont let them control the debate by choosing the language

#3173980 - 02/23/13 03:27 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Crappie Luck]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

He cut nothing, as crappie said the reduced manpower, Gov will spend more and more and have not cut anything. Nor will they.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3173981 - 02/23/13 03:28 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

[quote=Stalkhunter]let the cuts happen to man power [/quote)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3174381 - 02/24/13 06:55 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: smstone22]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: smstone22
I would say Im going to get 22 days of unpaid furlough this year if this happens.

Same here. I'll get a 20% pay cut for 6 months. That's not exactly insignificant. \:\)

#3174557 - 02/24/13 11:48 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: Hunter 257W]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
 Originally Posted By: smstone22

Same here. I'll get a 20% pay cut for 6 months. That's not exactly insignificant. \:\)

On the bright side.... if it happens during turkey season, I may not have to burn vacation days.....

#3174880 - 02/24/13 06:47 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Several government contracts where my wife works have been put on hold till further notice. They are now working 32 hours, being told to prepare for 24 or rotating weeks off and on.

Not that this will affect any or the politicans lifes at all.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3174909 - 02/24/13 07:13 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Redfred16]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I have not heard anything of it but will this affect disabled veterans who receive a pension due to their injuries? If anyone has heard anything about this I would be interested to know.

#3174939 - 02/24/13 07:33 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: hunter0925]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

Loc: Rhea County

Down at the VA Friday and talked to a Dr. he seemed to think they will be sheilded from the cuts for the time being.

#3175323 - 02/25/13 07:20 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: TN RDG RNR]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I know this thought will be highly unpopular.....

Government employment is NOT supposed to be a first choice Cadillac career.

Government should be kept as small as possible. Much of the government jobs are make work... Not that the job doesn't need done, or isn't a valuable service.... But it has been rolled into the government for political reasons.

MOST of the government "jobs" should be handled by the private sector. Imagine how much better the DMV would be run if owned and operated by a private company that had competition !

Compare the US Postal service with Fedx and other private carriers.... Without the government BS red tape, a product or service is delivered with flexibility, speed, and quality or your competition beats you out of the market place.

There is no security in today's fast paced economic world. Innovate or Die is the law of the jungle. Having government retard innovation and progress for the sake of political power, and a false sense of "job security" is just piling water up behind a weak dam made of straw.

Those in government service who think their job is "secure" or should be.... the sequester is a shot across the bow.
The Russians have instituted a 13% flat tax while we have a "progressive" income tax that is punishing success and investment to the tune of 40% ++. Where do you see an economic boom 10 years from now ??? Where do you see economic foundations being eroded ?

Government workers should be examining their jobs and trying to make plans to do that job in the private sector when the cuts DO come.

I don't wish pain on anyone, but it IS coming. The credit card has been run up to high. The day is coming when we either cut government spending and jobs, or collapse the economy and government.

#3175339 - 02/25/13 07:39 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: fishboy1]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Having government retard innovation and progress for the sake of political power, and a false sense of "job security" is just piling water up behind a weak dam made of straw.

Truer words never spoken.
And mostly what this "sequestration" is about is "political power" and "appearances", although I don't fully understand why the Republicans are letting the negatives be blamed so much on them, when the "sequestration" was in fact Obama's idea.

Overall, we need these cuts (despite their really being just a reduction in growth of expenses), but it's disturbing they are more heavily weighted on the military and military related. They should be more even.

#3175352 - 02/25/13 07:52 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wes Parrish]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

The GOP is losing the public debate on this for two reasons.

1. They have no unified response. While some are saying it's only minor "cuts" and is badly needed, the other half is saying it's Obama's idea. Look, it's it's needed and it's not as bad as the democrats are saying, then stop blaming it on Obama step up and EXPLAIN why they are needed. Messaging is important if you want people to support your ideas.

2. The GOP. once again, has embraced the defensive position and has wasted the last month defending their roll in this situation. They should have been out in front of this. (It's been coming for 2 years) and now they act surprised that it's here.

Money meet football.

#3175508 - 02/25/13 09:36 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: fishboy1]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
I know this thought will be highly unpopular.....

Government employment is NOT supposed to be a first choice Cadillac career.

Government should be kept as small as possible. Much of the government jobs are make work... Not that the job doesn't need done, or isn't a valuable service.... But it has been rolled into the government for political reasons.

MOST of the government "jobs" should be handled by the private sector. Imagine how much better the DMV would be run if owned and operated by a private company that had competition !

Compare the US Postal service with Fedx and other private carriers.... Without the government BS red tape, a product or service is delivered with flexibility, speed, and quality or your competition beats you out of the market place.

There is no security in today's fast paced economic world. Innovate or Die is the law of the jungle. Having government retard innovation and progress for the sake of political power, and a false sense of "job security" is just piling water up behind a weak dam made of straw.

Those in government service who think their job is "secure" or should be.... the sequester is a shot across the bow.
The Russians have instituted a 13% flat tax while we have a "progressive" income tax that is punishing success and investment to the tune of 40% ++. Where do you see an economic boom 10 years from now ??? Where do you see economic foundations being eroded ?

Government workers should be examining their jobs and trying to make plans to do that job in the private sector when the cuts DO come.

I don't wish pain on anyone, but it IS coming. The credit card has been run up to high. The day is coming when we either cut government spending and jobs, or collapse the economy and government.

I agree with you for the most part, but there are some jobs that the dollar should not be the the deciding factor on. In the private sector, the dollar rules no matter what. For example, food inspection, Drug safety...most public safety issues should not be influenced (solely) by the dollar. The Government should strive to do those jobs as cost effectively as possible, but it would be dangerous to put it in the hands of private industry.

#3175799 - 02/25/13 03:14 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: fishboy1]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

I hear what you're saying fishboy, but I don't feel that my government job is in that category. I'm an engineer working for the Dept of Defense and basically my job boils down to making sure the various contractors build Army aircraft to meet our performance requirements and to support price negotiations for each contract. If it weren't for the later job task, the government would be paying even more for the aircraft/weapons that are necessary to support the military.

To Grizzly Johnson - Yep, I had the very same thought except that I was hoping the unpaid time off could slip until next deer season but they tell me there's no chance for that. \:\( Bad thing is that the bills will keep on rolling in throughout that time.

#3175807 - 02/25/13 03:20 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Hunter 257W]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

I hear what you're saying fishboy, but I don't feel that my government job is in that category. I'm an engineer working for the Dept of Defense and basically my job boils down to making sure the various contractors build Army aircraft to meet our performance requirements and to support price negotiations for each contract. If it weren't for the later job task, the government would be paying even more for the aircraft/weapons that are necessary to support the military.

To Grizzly Johnson - Yep, I had the very same though except that I was hoping the unpaid time off could slip until next deer season but they tell me there's no chance for that. \:\( Bad thing is that the bills will keep on rolling in throughout that time.

I hope your job is safe. My wife's company builds replacement parts for nuclear plants. The parts that were on order and supposed to be delivered in June(they were told to expect 10 hour days, 6 days a week to complete on time) are now on hold indefinately. So if thats the case I'm not sure who is safe other than the polticians and thier staff.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3175815 - 02/25/13 03:26 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Redfred16]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Redfred16

To Grizzly Johnson - Yep, I had the very same though except that I was hoping the unpaid time off could slip until next deer season but they tell me there's no chance for that. \:\( Bad thing is that the bills will keep on rolling in throughout that time.

I hope your job is safe. My wife's company builds replacement parts for nuclear plants. The parts that were on order and supposed to be delivered in June(they were told to expect 10 hour days, 6 days a week to complete on time) are now on hold indefinately. So if thats the case I'm not sure who is safe other than the polticians and thier staff.

Yeah, this is going to have a huge ripple effect especially in some areas where lots of government money is being spent. It's easy to talk about making cuts but complicated to really predict all the impacts. This seems more like a binge diet to me - they'll make cuts for 6 months, step on the scales and congratulate themselves and go right back to the way things were and nothing permanent will be acomplished.

#3175817 - 02/25/13 03:28 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Redfred16]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

DEFENDING our nation, having such a strong military that it causes our enemies to not even consider an attack, protecting our borders ---- these may be the main things we have need for from a federal government.
#3175818 - 02/25/13 03:29 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Hunter 257W]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

1/4 of 1% of growth is getting cut. You would think they were gutting the National budget.

The only way ANY of this will take place is if Obama makes it so to "prove" he is right.

We're talking about cutting about a cup of coffee out of your yearly budget and expecting your kids to starve as a result.

Propaganda scare tactics.

#3175820 - 02/25/13 03:31 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

It's mostly just about politics as usual, in this case, mainly Obama trying to make the republicans look bad. Just hypocritical irony that this "sequestration" was Obama's idea in the first place.
#3175837 - 02/25/13 03:43 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wes Parrish]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

What ticks me off is that Obama is going to close parks, punish workers by cutting their hours, and reduce air traffic controllers...

All of this seems designed to cause pain to those who work for a living. What about some cuts to socail programs? How about ending service for Obamaphones? Welfare slackers didn't have free phones 10 years ago and now they can't do without them??? Gimme a break! Obama is punishing taxpayers and yep, sequestration was his idea!

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3175840 - 02/25/13 03:46 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Rebel]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Rebel
What ticks me off is that Obama is going to close parks, punish workers by cutting their hours, and reduce air traffic controllers...

All of this seems designed to cause pain to those who work for a living. What about some cuts to socail programs? How about ending service for Obamaphones? Welfare slackers didn't have free phones 10 years ago and now they can't do without them??? Gimme a break! Obama is punishing taxpayers and yep, sequestration was his idea!

He intends to make it as painful as possible for not giving him his way. "Punish your enemies" and all that.

#3175841 - 02/25/13 03:49 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Rebel]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

His goal has always been to hurt the makers, and appease the takers. Nothing different this time.

#3175843 - 02/25/13 03:50 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Rebel]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

And THEN, he will blame all the headaches he caused on the republicans.
(Yes, he may specifically blame George Bush, but here of late, he's been blaming the congressional republicans for all the problems that didn't even exist until Obama himself created them.)

If America has ever had the proverbial "typical politician",
it is Barack Obama, totally focusing on nothing but partisan politics, trying to make the other guys look bad, while ignoring and refusing to deal with America's real problems.

Obama is more the problem than the solution.

#3175849 - 02/25/13 03:54 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wes Parrish]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Just my opinion, but Ive seen more waste in the military than I have anywhere besides the obvious stuff like welfare and subsidies. But nobody wants to touch the military or furlough military members that are here in the U.S just training... because of the political fallout. That would be blasphemy, but furloughing food inspectors, dam inspectors, etc. is okay? The project I work on would destroy Nashville if it were to fail, and it is at high risk. The contractors will take any cheaper route they can to maximize profit,rather than just doing it right, without government oversight that could get ugly, more ugly than any of the wars. Im all about small government obviously but there are just some things that could not go private. I just look at the gadzillions that we have spent overseas on military operations with, in my opinion, very little gain from it, and then I physically inspect our failing infrastructure several days a week in this country and it just absolutely ticks me off that we have allowed our infrastructure to get in such bad shape while out globetrotting. It makes me sick that I ever even deployed supporting that globetrotting. Anyway, thats just how I honestly feel about it, through my experiences with it, and nothing will change that.

#3175932 - 02/25/13 04:41 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: smstone22]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

America NEEDS a strong military.
While I'm against any wasteful expenditures, have to ask, how's our military's track record of being a strong military?

But do we need a U.S. Department of Education? How's their track record been?

#3175941 - 02/25/13 04:44 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wes Parrish]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Libs are scared to death that the public is going to find out that the cuts weren't the end of the world.

#3176354 - 02/25/13 10:30 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Hunter 257W]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

To Grizzly Johnson - Yep, I had the very same thought except that I was hoping the unpaid time off could slip until next deer season but they tell me there's no chance for that. \:\( Bad thing is that the bills will keep on rolling in throughout that time.

Best case would be those Fridays off for the 22 weeks.... the other option, worst case, is our contract will be cut and 20 people including me will be looking for work. Pretty sorry when the ignorant outnumber the common sense people, and the common sense people have to pay the price and suffer.

The coming weeks will tell.... just sit and wait to see how bad the cuts will be.

#3176433 - 02/26/13 06:15 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I suspect all the "cuts" are a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Its .25% of 1% cut in PROJECTED GROWTH~! So for all the "falling off the cliff" and "drastic cuts"..... What current programs are really being cut? NONE. Only PROJECTED GROWTH is to be cut.

So.... What the hoooaaaah are all these clowns in the media and politics jumping up and down about?

Here is where EVERY American should be pissed AT THE POLITICIANS of both parties.

Instead of cutting waste, blatant fraud (solyndra), and unconstitutional federal meddling which could easily account for 5-10% of Federal spending, they are targeting employees and groups who will be most hurt, and cutting them disproportionally.
Hell, New York is now pushing for Food stamps for PETS!!!!

Democrat/ socialists are specifically waging a campaign of political genocide against Republicans and anybody who opposes their agenda. Citizens are just peasants and pawns to them.

Edited by fishboy1 (02/26/13 06:16 AM)
Edit Reason: naughty word

#3176581 - 02/26/13 08:50 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: fishboy1]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

How much are the "cuts"?

For comparison a family, business, or whatever entity spending $1000 per week would have to cut $23 per week.

In addition since the federal budget starts in October and the cuts won't go into effect until March the amount of the cut is only 7/12 the figure being touted. It's a miniscule amount.

If anyone suffers from this, it's by design.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3176710 - 02/26/13 11:04 AM Re: Sequestration [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Not only will the cuts be so "small" they will be spread out over time that most of the people will not ever notice it.

Air traffic controlers, late planes and backlogs of passgers?? BS. President Reagan fired them all, every one of them and everything got back to normal in less than 2 months. This time nobody is firing ALL OF THEM, just a few. The air control tower here in Paducah will close but then control will swich to Memphis and nobody will ever know it. The tower here was closed for YEARS before, we really do not need it.

Something was brought up that really brothers me. As for the infrastructure, Obama has brought that up every yeard for the last 5 years now. The first year we gave him over $800 BILLION and the next year he needed more to fix the infrastructure again. Sill the third year once again in his State of the Union Speech he brings it up again and durning the election it comes back up. Each time he asked for more and more money to fix the infrastructure. In his lateest State of the Union speech he once again has the infrastructure in there. So in all the time he's been in office he has NEVER worked on any of the infrastructure with all that money we gave him. So where did it all go???

#3176816 - 02/26/13 12:33 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wildcat]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

I just usually laugh at how Barry's handling this. Create the problem then attempt to shift blame.
Any spending cut or dowsizing of the Gov't in any form or fashion will be met with elementary scare tactics.

He doesn't lead, he doesn't solve problems. He's a joke and nothing more.

#3176982 - 02/26/13 02:42 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: preds1]
TNbuckeye
4 Point

Loc: knox county, TN, USA

Here's something for you as well. If sequeration happens I have to pretty much go a month with out a pay check. Thankfully I have squirrel away some for just such an occasion.

But how many welfare checks will those on wellfare miss?

My biggest complaint is sequestration falls directly after everything goes out of season. I know they planned that too.

Well the great thing about getting married is even if you don't marry a trophy wife you still get a participation ribbon.

#3177100 - 02/26/13 04:25 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: preds1]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

content Online
My question is, "Why is he still out campaigning instead of staying at the White house and taking care of business?" Just can't believe we have this many people in this country who can't see what he's doing or not doing but yet back him. I would like to see what the history books say about his terms 30 years from now?
#3177117 - 02/26/13 04:34 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: iowavf]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: iowavf
My question is, "Why is he still out campaigning instead of staying at the White house and taking care of business?" Just can't believe we have this many people in this country who can't see what he's doing or not doing but yet back him. I would like to see what the history books say about his terms 30 years from now?

Obama has been CAMPAIGNING since he first came to Washington as a Senator from Ill. He has NOT done a days work in his life.He does not know how, he can't led beacuse he's NEVER had to.

#3177120 - 02/26/13 04:40 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wildcat]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Obama has been CAMPAIGNING since he first came to Washington as a Senator from Ill. He has NOT done a days work in his life.He does not know how, he can't led beacuse he's NEVER had to.

He doesn't know how to work! He has never done an honest days work in his life! He's a community agitator that knows how to push propaganda and nothing more. He knows nothing about work, morals, and especially nothing about the constitution. He can read a teleprompter and then his media works overtime to spin and inflate his ego.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3177163 - 02/26/13 05:13 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: smstone22]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Yep, bring it on. If at possible, flip the resident idiot off. I have had it with this guy. When absolutely nothing happens, he will look even more stupid than he does on his best day.
#3177178 - 02/26/13 05:19 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: iowavf]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

My question is, "Why is he still out campaigning instead of staying at the White house and taking care of business?"

I'll answer your question with a question,
"WHEN has Obama EVER taken his oath of office seriously?"

I say the history books are going to exclaim Obama a farce, someone who successfully pulled the wool over the eyes of a broad spectrum of citizens, someone who was more interested in dividing Americans for political folly than in uniting Americans for the best interest of Americans.

#3183239 - 03/04/13 04:12 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wes Parrish]
BamaProud
12 Point

We got our first sequestration impact notice today. Any furlowed employee will get 30 days notice prior to furlough...but as of today none are planned. No discretionary monetary awards to employees until further notice. ...the second one is kinda tough, we all do a lot of extra stuff like school talks, judging science fairs, weather safety talks and advise, demonstrations, storm spotter training, tours etc... In the past we might get 50 or 100 Award. None of those will be compensated anymore. I am sure folks won't be nearly as eager to do them.

#3183255 - 03/04/13 04:38 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: Wes Parrish]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
My question is, "Why is he still out campaigning instead of staying at the White house and taking care of business?"

I'll answer your question with a question,
"WHEN has Obama EVER taken his oath of office seriously?"

I say the history books are going to exclaim Obama a farce, someone who successfully pulled the wool over the eyes of a broad spectrum of citizens, someone who was more interested in dividing Americans for political folly than in uniting Americans for the best interest of Americans.

I hope you're right, but fear you're wrong. The liberals are already rewriting much of our history, and I don't see them portraying the historical first black potus in a bad light.

#3222604 - 04/15/13 02:51 PM Re: Sequestration [Re: dr]
BamaProud
12 Point

Well we just got our furlough notice. All NOAA employees will be furloughed 4 days before the end of September. ...better hope there isn't weather those days I guess.

Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308, TNDeerHunter270, rmyers@atpro1
13553 Registered Users
Who's Online
118 registered (EastTNHunter, Tims, bull, Tn_Va_Hunter, woodyard, Big Horn, 14 invisible) and 193 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13553 Members
42 Forums
99407 Topics
1169357 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.