Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3181124 - 03/02/13 11:12 AM Re: TN Vote to Stop Feds Firearms encroachment [Re: Bambi Buster]
DSL_Connector
Spike

Loc: Knoxville, TN

I fourth the motion. Remember the hundreds of thousands of Tea Partiers that marched on the Washington Mall in opposition to Obamacare a few years ago? Where did that get us. Google it to see the YouTube videos.

Wikipedia Taxpayer March On Washington

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
 Originally Posted By: smstone22
 Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
nothing more than political postureing..Let the federal govt pass some sort of ban and TN not enforce it.Then nanny federal govt will threaten to withhold federal money..and just like that Tn is enforceing the federal gun law..

Yep, dead on.

Concur.

#3181162 - 03/02/13 11:57 AM Re: TN Vote to Stop Feds Firearms encroachment [Re: DSL_Connector]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
Interesting that the self-proclaimed heat-packer and certifiable nut job, Sen. Ophelia Ford, was conveniently absent from the vote. All hat, no cattle.

#3181164 - 03/02/13 12:02 PM Re: TN Vote to Stop Feds Firearms encroachment [Re: BlountArrow]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: worriedman
Came up to a 4-4 tie in committee today, Sen.s Lowe Finney, Brian Kelsey, Doug Overby and John Stevens voted against the bill...

I've read the bill, haven't had time to think it through. However, as a fellow Maryvillian I'd like to know why Doug Overby voted against the bill. I just asked him. We'll see what he says.

Be interesting to see if Overbey replies to my email. I simply asked him why he didn't support it. One sentence. As soon as I hear, if I hear, I'll post it here.

#3181220 - 03/02/13 01:28 PM Re: TN Vote to Stop Feds Firearms encroachment [Re: BlountArrow]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Came up to a 4-4 tie in committee today, Sen.s Lowe Finney, Brian Kelsey, Doug Overby and John Stevens voted against the bill...

I've read the bill, haven't had time to think it through. However, as a fellow Maryvillian I'd like to know why Doug Overby voted against the bill. I just asked him. We'll see what he says.

Be interesting to see if Overbey replies to my email. I simply asked him why he didn't support it. One sentence. As soon as I hear, if I hear, I'll post it here.

He hasn't replied to mine...... I'm not a Maryvillian, but his district borders mine and I have friends all through his district. I am to the point where I don't think anything federal is going to pass, so he may have dodged the bullet. But you can bet that vote will be a problem for him next year. He had a chance to stand up to Obama, even if only symbolically, and he flopped. One now has to worry what he will do if, or when, a federal bill is passed. In other words, he can't be trusted.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3198998 - 03/21/13 07:31 AM Re: TN Vote to Stop Feds Firearms encroachment [Re: BlountArrow]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Thought some of you might like to know that Mr. Doug Overbey replied to my email sent on 2/28. I guess I should say that he/his staff/automation/? replied on 3/18. I thought you might get a quick out of it...
I simply asked, one question, one sentence, "Mr. Overbey, I'd like to know why yesterday in committee you voted against Senate Bill 250.
Thank you for your time."

Here is the reply I got on 3/18:

Thank you for your thoughtful email. You make several good points which I will bear in mind as this bill works its way through the legislative process. I appreciate your sharing your thoughts and views with me.

Sincerely,
Senator Doug Overbey

306 War Memorial Building
Nashville, TN 37243-0208
615/741-0981 -- phone
615/253-0224 -- fax
800/449-TENN; ext. 10981

#3199326 - 03/21/13 11:19 AM Re: TN Vote to Stop Feds Firearms encroachment [Re: BlountArrow]
BlountArrow
10 Point

I understand they have so many questions/emails that there are going to be canned responses. But, I guess to know for sure that no one even looked at my one sentence email may say volumes to me about this particluar politician. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; maybe it's not worth mentioning, but I thought I would. I'm thinking about faxing my email and his reply to his office to see if anyone cares/notices.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (57bear, Mr. Hawk, 2in1shot, Mudbone, Rubberduck270, AndyW, 14 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90973 Topics
1063097 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.