Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
99% of FTE errors are on the shooter, not the gun. To my reasonable knowledge, there's no such thing as a "break-in" period. I think it's more a user break-in than a gun break-in. My dad is having the same issue with his Glock 17. But it only FTE for him....as does every other pistol he's shooting.

Next time you go to the range, shoot your Kahr. Pull the trigger once every thirty seconds, concentrating every effort on keeping your elbow and wrist locked. I highly suspect that you will notice a dramatic decrease in the number of FTE episodes.

I know what you are saying about autoloaders. If the shooter is absorbing too much of the slide energy, it will cause trouble. What bothers me about this gun though is that it seems to want to slam the cartridge into the base of the feed ramp and jam that way. I've found some video's on YouTube about it. Now I'm always skeptical about these yahoos that get on the internet and cry wolf but I have to admit that I am experiencing what they are talking about to a significant degree. The 2nd round in the magazine doesn't want to sit tilted at the same angle as the follower and also the magazine lips but rather it wants to "lay" down perfectly horizontal. About 2/3 of the time each round does tilt upward to match the follower angle as it becomes the top round each time the gun fires. That other 1/3 of the time, the cartridge stays horizontal and does not tip upward on the front end. This results in the bullet slaming into the bottom of the feed ramp and it jams. I'm not real optimistic about that being caused by a loose hold.

And Kahr does say that a 200 round break in is required. I've read that about all the micro guns.....again, not sure that's going to fix this problem I'm having. Normally, I'd just try a lot of different bullets to see what shape works best with this particular feed ramp but if it's not even hitting the ramp in the right place not sure about that. Oh, well, I'm going to keep shooting and working with it for a while. I got it cheap enough that I think I can get my money back if I want to.

My apologies for doubting your shooting. I didn't realize it was a bottom-up feeding issue, rather than a "top-out". Have you brought it up with the manufacturer or the gun shop where you bought it?