Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3162331 - 02/13/13 11:04 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: de novo

No, they would trade someone else's daughter being raped by a player on a championship team. I loathe hypocrites and that's what most college and pro fanatics are.

Good lord bud, it's just a game

#3162366 - 02/13/13 11:34 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Hangnail
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

If you know someone like this, you're hanging with the wrong folks. I know there are people within some of the athletic departments that would push this type of stuff under the rug, but fans? If your paycheck doesn't count on it, a little disappointment for a loss is about as bad as it gets with 99% of fans. Of course, once the hopeless feeling subsides there is a mad dash to point out moral victories

de novo, I fail to see the connection between sports fans and hypocrites. I don't know any fake fans.

#3162383 - 02/13/13 12:02 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: beachguy

No, they would trade someone else's daughter being raped by a player on a championship team. I loathe hypocrites and that's what most college and pro fanatics are.

Good lord bud, it's just a game

unfortunately, it's not anymore.

#3162397 - 02/13/13 12:14 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Hangnail

de novo, I fail to see the connection between sports fans and hypocrites. I don't know any fake fans.

If you believe someone who commits a crime belongs in jail unless they play for your team then you are a hypocrite. To make excuses or actively defend someone accused of a serious crime because they can score touchdowns or sack a quarterback is pathetic. This refers to any number of serious crimes - rape, armed robbery, murder, aggravated assault - or a repeat offender of minor crimes.

There is a difference between a sports fan and fanatic. My post was in response to PITC's disgust about parts of the fanbase that are fanatics. A youtube video showed a UK man offering his wife to a basketball recruit on the street last year in exchange for signing with the school. You may argue he was joking but what an idiot. Some nuts are fanatical about their sports teams. They come in all forms: from the poor, trashy fan to the "honorable" millionaire alumni booster.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3162399 - 02/13/13 12:14 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Old hickory Tn

All these dudes will end up to be vols if saban dumps em.
It would greatly improve the incoming class of players even if they are only practice squad.:)

#3162460 - 02/13/13 01:07 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BamaProud]
PalsPal
8 Point

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Indefinite suspension is just the first step in the Staff sorting this out. They will be gone shortly.

True, but I was very surprised that AL.com took him to task for not doing immediately.

Ouch!

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/scarbinsky_four_arrested_alaba.html

#3166200 - 02/16/13 12:58 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: PalsPal]
de novo
10 Point

Here's one of the actual victims' account of the attack. Basically, they decided to sucker punch and beat a white student for fun. No worries, even after a severe beating, the victim still loves Alabama Football!

And even after the report, which he says was unprovoked, the sophomore still plans to root for his school’s football team in the fall.

“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”

Jurgens elaborated on what happened in an interview with The Crimson White. He was walking home early Monday morning when he was approached and asked if he had a lighter. He said he didn’t, the man asked him again and he replied the same.

“That’s when I guess something happened,” Jurgens said. “I woke up, my face was swollen, I had cuts, and I had a concussion. Police say that’s probably when they hit me; I just know right after that I lost consciousness and I regained consciousness on the sidewalk, staring at the sky.”

{snip}

“It’s almost like they were doing it for fun, because it seemed weird that they didn’t rob me of my wallet or phone or keys,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “But, I just know they sure did an efficient job because I can’t recall parts of it even today.”

http://www.amren.com/news/2013/02/alabam...abama-football/

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3166220 - 02/16/13 01:17 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
Hangnail
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

de novo, why are you worried about what the victim thinks? If you were a student somewhere and got beaten by a jock, would you hate the school or the team? Apparently, this guy doesn't and just wants to get through this and move on. Also, you need to look up the definition of a hypocrite. A hypocrite would accept criminals on his team, but no other team would be afforded the same in his eyes. That is a hypocrite.
#3166246 - 02/16/13 01:41 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
de novo, why are you worried about what the victim thinks?

That sounds a lot like Hillary Clinton's - "What difference does it make" comment.

I like to hear all sides. If I find a story quoting the perpetrators version of the story I'll link it as well. You can choose to read it or skip over it.

Quote:
If you were a student somewhere and got beaten by a jock, would you hate the school or the team? Apparently, this guy doesn't and just wants to get through this and move on.

If I was attacked, knocked unconscious, and beaten by four members of any sports team in an unprovoked attack like he described, the last thing I would do is pay money to watch them play the following season.

Quote:
Also, you need to look up the definition of a hypocrite. A hypocrite would accept criminals on his team, but no other team would be afforded the same in his eyes. That is a hypocrite.

I looked it up and still have no idea what the above statement even means.

hyp·o·crite
noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\

Definition of HYPOCRITE

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

— hypocrite adjective

#3166250 - 02/16/13 01:47 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Here's one of the actual victims' account of the attack. Basically, they decided to sucker punch and beat a white student for fun. No worries, even after a severe beating, the victim still loves Alabama Football!

And even after the report, which he says was unprovoked, the sophomore still plans to root for his school’s football team in the fall.

“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”

Jurgens elaborated on what happened in an interview with The Crimson White. He was walking home early Monday morning when he was approached and asked if he had a lighter. He said he didn’t, the man asked him again and he replied the same.

“That’s when I guess something happened,” Jurgens said. “I woke up, my face was swollen, I had cuts, and I had a concussion. Police say that’s probably when they hit me; I just know right after that I lost consciousness and I regained consciousness on the sidewalk, staring at the sky.”

{snip}

“It’s almost like they were doing it for fun, because it seemed weird that they didn’t rob me of my wallet or phone or keys,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “But, I just know they sure did an efficient job because I can’t recall parts of it even today.”

http://www.amren.com/news/2013/02/alabam...abama-football/

What a complete idiot. He's so hypnotized by his schools team that he would rather not 'stir up any more controversy' to give the Tide a bad name.

Typical for todays rabid sports fan- sell your soul for victory.

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PGIC, jmccormick24, emtp, Hozzie, crushing
13529 Registered Users
Who's Online
14 registered (barkscaler, Aquaholic, easttntrapper, paincave_2000, TNTomtaker01, jbranham63, 2 invisible) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13529 Members
42 Forums
99055 Topics
1164644 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.