Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3164555 - 02/15/13 01:25 AM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: BamaProud]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

As for the lawsuits, when you buy a ticket, you pretty much release them of any liability unless some crafty lawyer can prove gross negligence by carnival was the direct cause of the fire.

#3164918 - 02/15/13 11:18 AM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: BamaProud]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: pressfit
I always say they are putting something in the food to make all the passengers sick..

Why would they do that? Its not good business to try to make your clients miserable.

Because the cooks are from some 3rd world country that hates America..??

#3164939 - 02/15/13 11:30 AM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: Wildcat]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Yep. Those stories are from people who are looking to sue and/or get as much "free" stuff from the cruise line as possible. If it was rough seas and all that then it would be a different story but except for the "full power" everything is fine.

Just think how those same people would act on the Mayflower. one thing for sure, none of them would have made it to America, they would have been buried at sea.

Stories or not, I suspect that the ywill have a case regardless of any waivers that were signed. This being the second similar mishap in just as many years, I believe a decent lawyer will have a simple time making a pretty ironclad case of gross negligence. Any company truly worthy of maritime operations would've developed a pretty comprehensive backup plan to deal with such a scenario in the aftermath of the first incident. I find the conditions described fairly plausible

1) Fire could've damaged the distribution circuit, not just the generation circuit, knocking out refrigeration and sanitation systems
2) With over 3,000 passengers on board, it probably isn't implausible to think that their onboard sanitation system designed for such a passenger load doesn't account for a system dump at least twice a week. Overflow seems pretty likely to me.
3) A ship that is dedicated to serving pretty nice meals is probably not buying many non-perishable food. Knock out the refrigeration, and that system is pretty well ruining food in a day or two. Onions and bread are likely the few surviving staples.

#3165000 - 02/15/13 12:13 PM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: TAFKAP]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

There is zero chance of that happening to me. You couldn't get me to sign up for living with 4,000 people that I don't know, on a ship where I can't get away from them. I'd much rather spend a week fishing the gulf coast than sharing living space with the general public. I don't drink enough to dull the pain.
#3165004 - 02/15/13 12:16 PM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: farmin68]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: farmin68

Maybe someone should organize a TNDeer cruise. Sounds like a given it should be Crappie Luck heading this project up. \:D

My idea would be to tow a poop boat behind us. But it would just break loose and pass us.

\:D

#3165735 - 02/16/13 04:58 AM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: pressfit]
BamaProud
12 Point

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
I always say they are putting something in the food to make all the passengers sick..

Why would they do that? Its not good business to try to make your clients miserable.

Because the cooks are from some 3rd world country that hates America..??

OK, makes perfect sense now.

#3165737 - 02/16/13 05:10 AM Re: Stranded Carnival Cruise Ship [Re: BamaProud]
BamaProud
12 Point

Allright more than 24 hours after the passengers got off the ship, I haven't heard of one person that got sick, not one injury etc...

90% of the interviews make it sound like it was nothing more than an inconvenience.

I think this was quite possibly one of the most over hyped stories ever.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (tasaman, jb3, fourwheeler431, bjohnson, duckriver, peleejosh, 7 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92921 Topics
1085703 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.227 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.