Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3164979 - 02/15/13 11:50 AM Re: no whites allowed [Re: Crappie Luck]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Apparently the company I work for has hired too many white folk in the recent past... There's probably a lawsuit out there and they're trying to ramp up the hiring of minorities.

This how I see it: I and my employees are all on salary. We easily put in 50-70 hours a week 52 weeks out of the year. We are all super stressed out. We deal with a lot of difficult situations and try as we mightWe're paid for 40...We can't make everybody happy. There is always plenty to do and no matter how many hours a week we all work, there is no way to ever get caught up. I've had 100% plus turnover in my staff in the last 5 years.

That being said, I want you to know I've got 1 black guy who works for me and he's a super individual. He works hard, keeps a positive attitude and hates Obama... Good man and good employee. But the average minority worker won't do what I do for a living. They all know that there are plenty of companies out there that will hire them and move them up through management just because they show up for work every day. They don't have to work this hard for a decent paycheck so they rarely apply.

Back to my post. Wildcat, I agree with you it is illegal. I'm sure of it. BUT I need to keep my job and the highest level of management is involved in trying to add some more minority workers to the payroll. I have to pick my battles man.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3165063 - 02/15/13 01:07 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: Rebel]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I'm going to have to stop coming here reading these post.
Its not good for my BP.

Edited by Dale3 (02/15/13 01:07 PM)

#3165160 - 02/15/13 02:35 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: Dale3]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Pat Buchanan's take on it from five years ago.

----------------------------------------

A Brief for Whitey
Friday - March 21, 2008 at 1:15 am

By Patrick J. Buchanan

How would he pull it off? I wondered.

How would Barack explain to his press groupies why he sat silent in a pew for 20 years as the Rev. Jeremiah Wright delivered racist rants against white America for our maligning of Fidel and Gadhafi, and inventing AIDS to infect and kill black people?

How would he justify not walking out as Wright spewed his venom about “the U.S. of K.K.K. America,” and howled, “God [censored] America!”

My hunch was right. Barack would turn the tables.

Yes, Barack agreed, Wright’s statements were “controversial,” and “divisive,” and “racially charged,” reflecting a “distorted view of America.”

But we must understand the man in full and the black experience out of which the Rev. Wright came: 350 years of slavery and segregation.

Barack then listed black grievances and informed us what white America must do to close the racial divide and heal the country.

The “white community,” said Barack, must start “acknowledging that what ails the African-American community does not just exist in the minds of black people; that the legacy of discrimination — and current incidents of discrimination, while less overt than in the past — are real and must be addressed. Not just with words, but with deeds … .”

And what deeds must we perform to heal ourselves and our country?

The “white community” must invest more money in black schools and communities, enforce civil rights laws, ensure fairness in the criminal justice system and provide this generation of blacks with “ladders of opportunity” that were “unavailable” to Barack’s and the Rev. Wright’s generations.

What is wrong with Barack’s prognosis and Barack’s cure?

Only this. It is the same old con, the same old shakedown that black hustlers have been running since the Kerner Commission blamed the riots in Harlem, Watts, Newark, Detroit and a hundred other cities on, as Nixon put it, “everybody but the rioters themselves.”

Was “white racism” really responsible for those black men looting auto dealerships and liquor stories, and burning down their own communities, as Otto Kerner said — that liberal icon until the feds put him away for bribery.

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America.

Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.

This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ’60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks — with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas — to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

Barack talks about new “ladders of opportunity” for blacks.

Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for “deserving” white kids.

Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America’s fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about, 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3165302 - 02/15/13 04:57 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: de novo]
nate17
8 Point

Loc: Missouri

Im not going to go into great detail, but i have been passed over for a job that was given to a minority/under qualified candidate. It is a gut wrenching feeling.

As a temporary employee with this federal agency, I was passed over several times for permanent job opportunities because there were candidates that were more qualified.. no big deal in my eyes, keep applying.

After not being able to get any of these permanent positions for over a year they created a position that I would have no doubt been the highest rated candidate for and they only interviewed minority candidates. The one they chose to hire had zero college experience, zero experience in a related field, a GED, and an arrest record to boot.

For the next year I was told to supervise him (keep in mind im temporary, hes permanent) while he made twice the money i made per hour. Great learning experience for me(sarcasm), and I can assure u that i will politely move on to the next job if im ever put in this situation again.

#3165331 - 02/15/13 05:18 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: nate17]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: nate17
After not being able to get any of these permanent positions for over a year they created a position that I would have no doubt been the highest rated candidate for and they only interviewed minority candidates. The one they chose to hire had zero college experience, zero experience in a related field, a GED, and an arrest record to boot.

I hear stories like this almost daily.

Seems like our federal government has become the biggest racist of all, and is purposefully dividing, rather than uniting us as Americans. More than ever, we need our nation's leaders to actually "lead" and unite us. But they seem hell-bent on dividing and destroying us.

#3165386 - 02/15/13 06:08 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: Chaneylake]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

Originally Posted By: Chaneylake
"white" is a color

Yes it is, and black is actually the absence of any color.

#3165401 - 02/15/13 06:20 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: bigluresonly]
brmaster
6 Point

Loc: TN, Shelbyville

I have trained my replacement twice,,,,,,,that is what really sucks, the new boy has a job and you get your walking papers

#3165409 - 02/15/13 06:25 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: bigluresonly]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Problem is minorities want equality yet think they deserve special treatment. Ironic huh!!?? I assumed white was a minority in this country in the last decade. It's ridiculous how things are taking shape lately.
#3165416 - 02/15/13 06:33 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: TITANSFAN2104
Problem is minorities want equality yet think they deserve special treatment.

You know, I'm not so sure this is the case.
I believe a majority of people, regardless of their race, are simply just good people who believe in fairness and rightness.

I cannot blame someone for accepting a job he's offered, even if the main reason he was offered it was because of his race (or sex, or whatever the case may be).

My take is what is causing this problem has more to do with politicians playing the race card as a wedge issue, which empowers them. Leave it to career politicians to create problems, then try to make us believe we need them to solve all the problems (they created). I truly believe most Americans are color-blind, or were before so many federal laws and politicians recently began playing the race card, calling everyone who disagrees with their policies a racist.

#3165435 - 02/15/13 06:54 PM Re: no whites allowed [Re: Wes Parrish]
nate17
8 Point

Loc: Missouri

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: nate17

I hear stories like this almost daily.

Seems like our federal government has become the biggest racist of all, and is purposefully dividing, rather than uniting us as Americans. More than ever, we need our nation's leaders to actually "lead" and unite us. But they seem hell-bent on dividing and destroying us.

Unfortunately I have also seen first hand on more than one occasion where a minority was given a good recommendation for a job they had applied for literally just to "get rid" of them and not have to deal with them anymore (this is a federal agency)...

And the part that sucks the most about it is somebody will have to work underneath them and perform their job for them.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (TNRazorback, 7mminatree, Deck78, darn2ten, 5T's, EastTNHunter, 14 invisible) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91603 Topics
1070634 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.242 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.