Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3165054 - 02/15/13 01:03 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: BSK
A Maine Coon. The only true American breed of cat, and also the largest and longest common breed of cat. I've had several (I really like big cats).

Now I've got my sights set on getting a Savannah cat--which is now the breed of cat considered to produce the largest cats in the world. Savannah cats are a cross between a domestic cat and an African servil wild cat. Apparently, they have exceptionally mild dispositions. Unfortunately, my wallet isn't thick enough to aford one. They cost between $25,000-36,000.

Here's a picture of a Savannah cat:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Q9QEwCA&dur=491
Bet that sucker would keep the critters to a minimum

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3165074 - 02/15/13 01:11 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: BSK]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

A Maine Coon. The only true American breed of cat, and also the largest and longest common breed of cat. I've had several (I really like big cats).

Now I've got my sights set on getting a Savannah cat--which is now the breed of cat considered to produce the largest cats in the world. Savannah cats are a cross between a domestic cat and an African servil wild cat. Apparently, they have exceptionally mild dispositions. Unfortunately, my wallet isn't thick enough to aford one. They cost between $25,000-36,000.

Here's a picture of a Savannah cat:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Q9QEwCA&dur=491
that's a real pretty coat on that cat... it would suck to drop the cash and then have it get run over by a car or something

Originally Posted By: EastTNHunter
I like dogs, but I hate cats.

I'm a bit of an anomaly. Most men, and especially most men who hunt, love dogs and hate cats.

Personally, I've never had a dog and don't ever want one. However, I've had cats all my life. Love 'em. I like their quirky and complicated personalities.
I am the same way, never been much of a dog person but love cats. NO that is not where my username came from. But I do like a cat with a good personality... mean cats or feral cats I could care less about, I'd shoot one if I saw one while hunting. Right now at my family's house we took in a stray cat that has been roaming around the neighborhood for some time. It took a little effort but she warmed up to us, we feed her every day and it is the most attention-loving cat I have seen, just sits there waiting for you to scratch its head. It has to stay outside though, my dad is allergic. It is usually very laid back...

I'm not much of a dog person but if I did get a dog it would be a blood tracking shed hunting dog that I would spend a lot of time training to help me in the woods... and it would probably come fishing too \:D

...since last deer season

#3165075 - 02/15/13 01:12 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: BSK]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

I'm a bit of an anomaly. Most men, and especially most men who hunt, love dogs and hate cats.

Personally, I've never had a dog and don't ever want one. However, I've had cats all my life. Love 'em.

Yea, but, you're a girly man! \:D

Originally Posted By: catman529
But I do like a cat with a good personality...
But did you know all cats are gray in the dark? ;\)
Think it was Benjamin Franklin who first made this observation one night when he was playing with fire.

#3165207 - 02/15/13 03:32 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: Wes Parrish]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

I wonder if the savannah cat can jump like a serval? If they can, I can't imagine having one in the house!

#3165217 - 02/15/13 03:45 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: BSK]
westtntoms
8 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN

Personally, I've never had a dog and don't ever want one. However, I've had cats all my life. Love 'em. I like their quirky and complicated personalities.

We always had dogs and a cat growing up. We got a Siamese when I was young. True story, I had to take him and have him put down when he was 21 years old. I got a cat not long after getting married. He was awesome. Spent more time outside than in, would disappear for several days and always return. We lived next to a big section of vacant land, he was constantly bringing wounded animals to my front porch. (He would wound them and play with them a while, then get tired and kill it and eat it, rabbits, squirrels, snakes, etc.) The wife was pregnant with our first born and kept threatening to get rid of him as he would come inside and jump on kitchen counters, table you name it. Well, he came up missing once again, after 3 or 4 days I got worried and started looking for him, never found him. The wife confessed many years later that Moses found a new home.

#3165340 - 02/15/13 05:30 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: Diehard Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
I wonder if the savannah cat can jump like a serval? If they can, I can't imagine having one in the house!

Savannah Cats can jump 8 feet high from a standing start. People that have them say that's the biggest downside. They tend to scare you as they drop off the top of the refrigerator or off the top of the kitchen cabinets!

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3165346 - 02/15/13 05:37 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: westtntoms]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: westtntoms
We always had dogs and a cat growing up. We got a Siamese when I was young. True story, I had to take him and have him put down when he was 21 years old.

Siamese are the longest-lived breed of cat. We had a female that was not a purebred (15/16th Siamese) but she sure had the longevity. She lived to 24 1/2 years old.

Quote:
I got a cat not long after getting married. He was awesome. Spent more time outside than in, would disappear for several days and always return. We lived next to a big section of vacant land, he was constantly bringing wounded animals to my front porch.

I still have one like that (a Maine Coon). He stays outside most of the time, but comes in on most cold nights. I kept track one year and of the animals he brought to the house he killed and ate over 800 animals in that one year. He is a chipmunk killing machine. When he eats them, he crushes the skull in his jaws, and then eats the entire chipmunk, head to tail, leaving nothing. It's almost like he swallows those things whole like a snake.

Here he is from a few years ago:

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3165349 - 02/15/13 05:40 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

A typical evening at home, surrounded by cats:

#3165356 - 02/15/13 05:42 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: Wes Parrish]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish

Personally, I've never had a dog and don't ever want one. However, I've had cats all my life. Love 'em.

Yea, but, you're a girly man! \:D

HA!

Personally, I think dealing with feline personalities is a lot like dealing with women. When they want attention, they demand it. When they don't want attention, it's best to just leave them alone!

#3165452 - 02/15/13 07:06 PM Re: This Ain't No Bobcat! [Re: BSK]
westtntoms
8 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN

I still have one like that (a Maine Coon). He stays outside most of the time, but comes in on most cold nights. I kept track one year and of the animals he brought to the house he killed and ate over 800 animals in that one year. He is a chipmunk killing machine. When he eats them, he crushes the skull in his jaws, and then eats the entire chipmunk, head to tail, leaving nothing. It's almost like he swallows those things whole like a snake.

] [/quote]

That's funny. Mine would typically break their back legs where they couldn't escape, taunt them for a while, then kill them and eat them.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
79 registered (rustyloafer, cdw338, hotdog38, devo1980, paradis1142, Bar7mag, 9 invisible) and 126 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93205 Topics
1088441 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.123 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.