Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3163739 - 02/14/13 10:23 AM Re: Meanwhile at the Kenyan's Pentagon... [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

You do have to be pretty brave to fly one of those unmanned drones. Just think a pilot of an unmanned drone could get a metal now for taking out Americans, how ironic is that?
#3163743 - 02/14/13 10:27 AM Re: Meanwhile at the Kenyan's Pentagon... [Re: hunter0925]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Originally Posted By: hunter0925
I must say this... I was awarded a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star with combat distinguishing device (combat V for valor) and could really care less anymore. I do agree that much of what they are doing is rediculous and twisted but I actually tried to not wear my medals as much as possible because I hated hearing the questions. I am over the question part now but at the time I couldn't stand it. IMO the person who is awarded that medal should be ashamed to call theirself a hero when he was never in any danger. The people who should be wearing medals and receiving recognition are the ones who have fallen. It amazes me how fast people forget those that died for their country. I say that the new proposed medal should be worn under the GWAT medal because flying a drone in is a cowards way out. Man up or shut up..... One of us is walking out of here.... A wariors cry. All of these things have gone out the window and we will never know how to handle a situation should war ever come to our door step. I would love to be able to train again and to teach other people what I know to defend them and our country but that will never happen. Our Gov is sick, twisted, and demented and we all know it. I will just go drink a beer and pour one out for the real heros.

I agree the government is sick, twisted and demented.

I was lucky enough to not get wounded when I got my ARCOM with "V". After alot of years with it sitting in my closet in a box, I got sick of everyone asking me where my degree and certificates were. I finally broke that out and hung it, no one asks any more.

This award is a worse than a slap in the face of people actually on the ground, it's more like a kick to the balls. Another way the current administration is trying to destroy the military.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3163835 - 02/14/13 11:34 AM Re: Meanwhile at the Kenyan's Pentagon... [Re: Redfred16]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Pew pew!
#3164482 - 02/14/13 10:12 PM Re: Meanwhile at the Kenyan's Pentagon... [Re: Redfred16]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I have all of my awards and letters and everything else hidden in a back bedroom with all of my reloading stuff. I see to many people today getting out of the military with some sense of entitlement because of things that they have done. Don't get me wrong, all of my buddys that died are entitled but all of us that got out and can live a somewhat normal life should be thankful enough for that. The sense of entitlement that a medal like this will give someone is rediculous. I had people who had seen my picture in the papers come up and buy me a beer when I was at a bar but I never fealt like I was entitled to this. I can see someone who is awarded this bogus medal using it to their advantage while infantrymen will see far worse day in and day out and never ask for anything and never be thought of again. It is sick man. By the way, thank you for your service and never back down.

#3164697 - 02/15/13 08:03 AM Re: Meanwhile at the Kenyan's Pentagon... [Re: hunter0925]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Originally Posted By: hunter0925
I have all of my awards and letters and everything else hidden in a back bedroom with all of my reloading stuff. I see to many people today getting out of the military with some sense of entitlement because of things that they have done. Don't get me wrong, all of my buddys that died are entitled but all of us that got out and can live a somewhat normal life should be thankful enough for that. The sense of entitlement that a medal like this will give someone is rediculous. I had people who had seen my picture in the papers come up and buy me a beer when I was at a bar but I never fealt like I was entitled to this. I can see someone who is awarded this bogus medal using it to their advantage while infantrymen will see far worse day in and day out and never ask for anything and never be thought of again. It is sick man. By the way, thank you for your service and never back down.

You too, no need to thank me, you were out there too.

I feel the same way, my awards were not just me but a reflection of my team. I just got sick and tired of all the others in the office asking about everything. I put up that award along with a group picture of my section after we came out of the field. I have not been asked about my degree, certicifcates or anything else on the walls since, so I guess it served some sort of purpose. I know my wife wanted to frame a bunch and put them up in our old home, but I just kept putting her off till she forget about it.

I agree though the awards system is broken as it is anyways. We'd come back and the S-3 would get a silver star but never have left the FOB and some Spec who was out there humping his [censored] off for months would get a AAM or nothing at all. I grew pretty disgusted with it all in general by the end. This award just falls in line with that way of thinking.

I never expected a free beer, but I have never turned one down either.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
30 registered (ruger7mag, 7mm08, philburr, jaybird62, DKC2, Deck78, 3 invisible) and 87 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99543 Topics
1171095 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.