Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#3163920 - 02/14/13 12:58 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: -DRM-]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I'm of the opinion, and lets face it DRM, yours is the same, opinion, that it's one right vs another right. Do you agree with this statement? I'm of the belief that the 2nd A guarantees me the right to keep and bear arms, period. Not just here, or there, or sometimes, but not always. So it seems that you're saying that the right of property owners is more important than a 2nd A right in essence, correct? And you see me as saying just the opposite, right?

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3163923 - 02/14/13 01:03 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: MUP]
Daff
Spike

Loc: TN

Aside from all this argument about the bill the more important question is...By What authority can my employer search my personal vehicle?
#3163925 - 02/14/13 01:05 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Daff]
MUP
Non-Typical

According to some on here, just b/c they want to, b/c you're on their property.

#3163929 - 02/14/13 01:08 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: BlountArrow]
MUP
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: TNGunsmoke
I don't know about every employer, but I do know the reasoning where I work for why employees are denied their carry rights. Several years ago, they had a supervisor who had a carry permit, and used the sidearm on his waist to intimidate the guys working under him. He was reprimanded...

First, he should have been fired for intimidation tactics. Second, might have got the same reaction with a 12" Bowie Knife so let's not blame the gun (not saying you did).

Gentlemen, I'm enjoying the posts and the education. I hope it stays professional.

I'm trying BA, but I'm just an amateur. \:\)

#3163942 - 02/14/13 01:25 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Daff]
John Harris
4 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: Daff
Aside from all this argument about the bill the more important question is...By What authority can my employer search my personal vehicle?

Normally, the employment contract or handbook - if there is one - will often grant employers the right to search you and your stuff whenever its at work.

Aside from that contractual right, they would ordinarily have to get law enforcement to secure a search warrant based on probable cause to believe a crime has been committed.
Executive Director, Tennessee Firearms Association
both of which support my hunting interests.

#3163963 - 02/14/13 01:55 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: John Harris]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

If an employer can prevent a Concealed Carry Permit holder from carrying a gun to and from work then the permit is virutally worthless. Most of us go to work Mon-Fri and run most errands on the way home from work. That's the majority of the time we would be exposed to the violence that we got the permit for in the 1st place. All this legal crap is just another way of neutering the 2nd Amendment.
#3164362 - 02/14/13 08:20 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: MUP]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: MUP
I'm of the opinion, and lets face it DRM, yours is the same, opinion, that it's one right vs another right. Do you agree with this statement? I'm of the belief that the 2nd A guarantees me the right to keep and bear arms, period.

Simple question:

Do you believe you have the right to ask me to leave *your* property if I have a gun in my car or on my person?

#3164363 - 02/14/13 08:22 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Daff]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I've been pretty clear all along - I think a property owner (you, me, FedEx, or the mall) should only have one recourse: they can ask you to leave their property.

So no, I do not think anyone should be able to "search" another man's property. I consider that an unreasonable violation of property rights.

#3164394 - 02/14/13 08:49 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: -DRM-]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: -DRM-

I've been pretty clear all along - I think a property owner (you, me, FedEx, or the mall) should only have one recourse: they can ask you to leave their property.

So no, I do not think anyone should be able to "search" another man's property. I consider that an unreasonable violation of property rights.

Well, my employer can and has. It is in the handbook. Lockers are locked with their locks, purses and jackets are searched when you go out the door and they can search your vehicle. If they search and you have a gun locked away, you are terminated. I am unarmed to and from work because of it.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3164404 - 02/14/13 09:00 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: -DRM-]
westtntoms
8 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
 Originally Posted By: MUP
I'm of the opinion, and lets face it DRM, yours is the same, opinion, that it's one right vs another right. Do you agree with this statement? I'm of the belief that the 2nd A guarantees me the right to keep and bear arms, period.

Simple question:

Do you believe you have the right to ask me to leave *your* property if I have a gun in my car or on my person?

I believe I have the right to ask you to leave my property regardless of whether or not you have a gun. Me having a gun is my right whether I'm on your property or mine. The 2nd amendment doesn't state I can only have a gun on my property, it says I can have a gun, period. If someone wants me off their property all they gotta do is say so. Laws that state I can't have a gun on Any private property go against the 2nd amendment, period. [/i][i]

Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter, TannersDad, Bowkiller13
13380 Registered Users
Who's Online
28 registered (Hangnail, bigrob, jay, Daniel n, dh1984, junebugwapiti, 5 invisible) and 161 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13380 Members
42 Forums
95603 Topics
1118827 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.057 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.