Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#3162529 - 02/13/13 02:02 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: BSK
Again, we can claim we conciously realize anything is "just entertainment." But if propaganda did not work subconciously as well as it does, advertisers would be out of business. Companies (and governments) spend so much money on advertising because it works, despite our best efforts to conciously ignore or devalue it.
Other than complaining on here,which is meaningless,what harm ,really,does having high expectations do?keeps me in the stand a few more minutes some cold mornings.

I guess wasting money on "deer lures" etc.

Same as most fishing shows,they rarely shape a show around small bass.

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3162542 - 02/13/13 02:10 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Football Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
Again, we can claim we conciously realize anything is "just entertainment." But if propaganda did not work subconciously as well as it does, advertisers would be out of business. Companies (and governments) spend so much money on advertising because it works, despite our best efforts to conciously ignore or devalue it.
Other than complaining on here,which is meaningless,what harm ,really,does having high expectations do?keeps me in the stand a few more minutes some cold mornings.

I guess wasting money on "deer lures" etc.

Same as most fishing shows,they rarely shape a show around small bass.
unles you have unusually good success, high expectations would make you unsatisfied with your hunts and you probably won't be as happy of a hunter. I started last deer season with low expectations, just wanting to enjoy hunting and kill a deer or two. I came out with 10 deer including 2 mature bucks, a lot of which had to do with luck but I can't say how happy I am with my past deer season, it's one I will never forget. I'm not trying to brag here just want to use my personal experience as an example... Now that I set the bar high, I may have higher expectations next season however I always tell myself to enjoy the hunt even if I don't kill that big one I wanted. Just my 2 cents

#3162570 - 02/13/13 02:35 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Other than complaining on here,which is meaningless...

Actually, it's not meaningless.

Quote:
what harm ,really,does having high expectations do?

No harm in high expectations. Lots of potential harm in unrealistic expectations, and most of the TV hunting shows "sell" unrealistic expectations.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3162734 - 02/13/13 04:26 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

What meaning does complaining on here have?^^^^^^

#3162799 - 02/13/13 05:35 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Have you not seen just how quickly trophyist activists can rally like-minded hunters into taking political action? And politicians under voter pressure will quickly move to make constituents happy, with no regard for truth or facts.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3162887 - 02/13/13 06:29 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
r'ville a-bolt
4 Point

Loc: nc graham

big Levi & Samantha Morgan fans, 75 yards to him is like 25 yards to most bowhunters.
#3163402 - 02/14/13 05:35 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: r'ville a-bolt]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: r'ville a-bolt
big Levi & Samantha Morgan fans, 75 yards to him is like 25 yards to most bowhunters.

Don't know who he is, but I'm sure the 75 yards to 25 comparison is bovine scatology.

#3163787 - 02/14/13 11:04 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: farmin68]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: farmin68
 Originally Posted By: r'ville a-bolt

Don't know who he is, but I'm sure the 75 yards to 25 comparison is bovine scatology.
\:\) good one

#3163809 - 02/14/13 11:17 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Have you not seen just how quickly trophyist activists can rally like-minded hunters into taking political action? And politicians under voter pressure will quickly move to make constituents happy, with no regard for truth or facts.
I assume you are right,but I havent seen,or at least remember any big changes in a states overall regs in a while.Besides the recent Ohio changes,which I guess they have a good reason for,but dont know.

#3164287 - 02/14/13 07:10 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Football Hunter]
r'ville a-bolt
4 Point

Loc: nc graham

Levi morgan at just 23 years old owns several world records,as well as numerous national titles.competitive shooting gave him the opportunity to chase his true passion hunting! Mathews pro staff member his wife also a world class archer.their show name the game is great they do take what most consider long or unethical shots.they have shown time and again that they're qualified for such shots.above all they give Jesus Christ full credit for all they've accomplished.that's what impressed me about these two.not bad for a small town country boy.
Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered and 62 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.