Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3162811 - 02/13/13 05:40 PM Proud to be a Democrat
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

This is what we're dealing with:

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_...1a4bcf887a.html

(Editor's note: The following Letter to the Editor, published in the Jan. 23 edition, has gone viral on the Web after a reader linked it to a Fox News Facebook page. It had received more than 4,000 comments and been shared more than 12,000 times by Tuesday morning.)

TO THE EDITOR:

Republicans and “so-called” conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else. Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don’t know the exact statistics, but I’m quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, I’d say, and President Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that’s just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don’t want to get crank calls.

PROUD TO BE A DEMOCRAT

#3162821 - 02/13/13 05:45 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: Camp David]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

"Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section."

LMAO!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

#3162855 - 02/13/13 06:16 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: Crappie Luck]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
"Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section."

LMAO!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

I cant stop laughing.

#3162863 - 02/13/13 06:19 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: Crappie Luck]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

And he is the epitome of the low information voting class.

#3162893 - 02/13/13 06:31 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: dr]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

duCk, is that you? Quack Quack

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3163061 - 02/13/13 08:12 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

I seem to always pull in to my kids school (rural TN, mind you) and get behind some dimwit with a bumper sticker that says " I heart Obamacare'.

I feel like building up speed and ramming her just to see how bad she likes the Kenyans long term care plan.

Just kidding MOD's- I actually hope the woman gets some hardball sized roids that have to be treated by a Camaroon refugee that was at the bottom of his medical school class.

#3163181 - 02/13/13 09:14 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
darn2ten
8 Point

Loc: lincoln co. tn.

content Online
Yeah, I got this in a email the other day. Really? Is this person for real?
#3163190 - 02/13/13 09:21 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: darn2ten]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
I think it's fake. I used to read some Democrat blogs for entertainment and I've written a few satirical things in the past to show liberals how ridiculous they are. I think that may be the case here. Either that, or the writer is a complete idiot.

#3163203 - 02/13/13 09:30 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: Vermin93]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
I think it's fake. I used to read some Democrat blogs for entertainment and I've written a few satirical things in the past to show liberals how ridiculous they are. I think that may be the case here. Either that, or the writer is a complete idiot.

Satire. No one whose grammar, spelling and punctuation are that good could be that stupid.

#3163233 - 02/13/13 09:47 PM Re: Proud to be a Democrat [Re: Bambi Buster]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

If it is fake they have a real newspaper posting it on their web site.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (outdoors crazy, Southpaw, utfan1, RKenney, 7mmMag, TDW05, 8 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96148 Topics
1125859 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.063 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.