WHY IS TN NOT ON THE LIST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAbYbTjzxY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3161344 - 02/12/13 04:10 PM Re: WHY IS TN NOT REPRESENTED [Re: Stalkhunter]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Because I think only 2 Sherrifs in TN have signed on.

Hamilton County (Chattanooga) is one.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3162363 - 02/13/13 11:33 AM Re: WHY IS TN NOT REPRESENTED [Re: sgtwebb1]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

Tennessee Sheriff's by and large are not going to support 2nd Amendment Rights, it would interfere with their taking of Federal Grants. The State Legislature set the Sheriffs up two years ago to be kings, they can never be unseated till they are ready to retire, as for the first time since the Founding of the State, the Sheriff's co-opted the legislature to require a candidate to be a resident of the County, AND a Post Certified Law Enforcement Officer. You run as a Deputy against the High Sheriff, and you get midnights at the jail, not going to find anyone who fits the criteria to take on an established Sheriff.

Thank your local Representative.

Sheriff Buck from McNairy County is an exception, his Dept. takes NO Federal money, and he has already authored a letter stating he will uphold the 2nd Amendment.

Edited by worriedman (02/13/13 11:34 AM)

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3162746 - 02/13/13 04:43 PM Re: WHY IS TN NOT REPRESENTED [Re: worriedman]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

The Tennessee Constitution requires each county to elect a sheriff to a four-year term. In all Tennessee counties except one, the sheriff is an official with full police powers, usually county-wide, although Tennessee sheriffs and their deputies generally perform the patrol portion of their duties primarily in unincorporated areas of their counties if the municipalities have their own police departments. The exception to the rule is Davidson County. In Davidson County, the sheriff has the primary responsibility of serving civil process and jail functions without the common law powers to keep the peace. Protection of the peace is instead the responsibility of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department under the county's Metropolitan Charter. The Metropolitan Charter did not remove the Davidson County Sheriff's status as a Law Enforcement officer however. It is simply not his or her primary function as it was prior to the consolidation of the City of Nashville and Davidson County.

The current Sheriff of Davidson County, Daron Hall, is still elected as is every other sheriff in the state. He has recently added a new law enforcement division to his department. The division is called I.C.E. which deals with immigration issues.[citation needed]

As of August 21, 2012, Sheriff Daron Hall announced that the Davidson County Sheriff's Office will not renew its contract with the 287(g) program after five years of its utilization. The contract will end October 8, 2012 and in its place will be an Obama administration project known as Secure Communities—it will be the default anti-illegal immigration mechanism for the Davidson County Sheriff's Office in the fall of 2012.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3162747 - 02/13/13 04:44 PM Re: WHY IS TN NOT REPRESENTED [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Everything i am seeing says election every 4 years

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (tn droptine, stryker, firedog, UpperTully, fredfred, Thunderroost, 7 invisible) and 102 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91563 Topics
1070345 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.039 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.