Tndeer Logo

Page 212 of 260 « First<210211212213214>Last »
Topic Options
#3146925 - 01/31/13 01:09 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

God's Bridge to Eternal Life. #6

Last time we left our selves with this question, what is it we must do to go to heaven to be with God?

You see Jesus is our pardon or forgiveness for our sin. So what we must do is repent of our sin and put our trust in Jesus. To repent means to be sorry for sinning against, ask God to forgive us of that sin, and then turn away from that sin. When we trust Jesus, it means we have trusted Him to be our Savior, and to be Lord of our life. We will follow Him the rest of our lives and obey His Word. Remember the bible tells us their is only one way to God in heaven, through Jesus Christ as seen in this verse:

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

We are promised by God's Word that we will be saved if we trust in Jesus:

Romans 10:13

13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

That is the greatest news of all time! Let us again look at that bridge to eternity with God. The bridge of the cross of Jesus to God and eternal life....THE ONLY BRIDGE!

So now the time has come for a decision from you. Would you like to trust in Jesus? As you have seen we have only one way to God and eternal life and that is through the cross and shed blood of Jesus Christ. Will you trust Jesus today?

If you answered yes, please let me know! I want to pray for and rejoice with you! I also want to share some promises of God with you in our next meeting together for those who receive Christ.

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3146972 - 01/31/13 02:00 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

God's Bridge to Eternal Life #7

As we ended last time I told you I had some promises from God for those who ask Jesus to be Lord and Savior of their life, so here they are:

As you can see God's Word in John 5:25 promises us eternal life, no judgement to hell, and no spiritual death or separation from God as those who trust Jesus will have eternal life in heaven with God! Now that is something to get excited about! So let us look at the completed picture:

Now let me ask you again, would you like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Let me ask you some questions:

1. Are you a sinner?

2. Do you believe that Jesus is God's Son?

3. Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins?

4. Do you repent of those sins and trust in the shed blood of Christ to wash those sins away?

5. Do you believe Jesus was buried, three days later rose from the dead, and now sits at the right hand of God?

If you said yes to all of these then I want to lead you in a prayer to ask Jesus into your life.

Dear Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. I believe that you died the cross for my sins and I now repent of my sins and ask you into my heart as Lord and Savior of my life. From this day forward I will follow you and obey your commands. Thank you dear Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus precious name I pray, amen.

Praise God! If you just asked Jesus into your heart I want to welcome you to the family of God! You now have eternal life in heaven with God! Greatest decision of your life! Please let me know of your decision as I want to pray for you and rejoice with you.

God's world tells us that there are some things one needs to do once they receive Christ, please read then and do them as they are very important:

1.God commands us to be baptized:

Matthew 28:19

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

2. God wants us to worship and fellowship with other believers (attend a bible believing church):

Hebrews 10:25

25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

3. Read God's Word:

2 Timothy 2:15

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

4. Pray:

1 Thessalonians 5:17

pray without ceasing;

You are now a disciple of Christ if you asked Jesus into your heart, you now are commanded to tell others about Jesus!

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

So GO!!!!!

A word to those who may not have asked Jesus into their life, keep praying my friend and ask God to reveal the truth to you so you may see what God wants you to see. If I can be of any help please ask! May God bless you with the truth my friend!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3146973 - 01/31/13 02:00 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

content Online
Thanks Tom
#3147285 - 01/31/13 06:54 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

Luke 24:46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 2:36 "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah." 37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" 38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Team Peapicker

#3147853 - 02/01/13 07:36 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TX300mag]
preachermantom
12 Point

Devotions will resume on Feb.11.

PMT

Jesus Christ

#3159558 - 02/11/13 09:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Time Alone!

Well folks I am back. God blessed my wife and I with time away together on a cruise to the Bahamas. This was a first for the both of us. It was a great time. Relaxing and refreshing. I was thinking about this past week and how refreshed I feel now as I am back at work. We all need to have time away. When was the last time you were able to set everything aside and just get away? We can make so many excuses of why we can't do it but when we get right down to it the world can continue without you for a time! If you are single or married you need time away. Married couples need time away with each other to keep their marriage alive and well. Singles need time away from their jobs just to relax and get their batteries charged up.

One of the most important parts of getting away is spending time with God. Even if you are getting away with your spouse, one needs to take some time for God. Alone time with God is so refreshing! Of course I hope you do this everyday! But time alone with God when you don't have the day to day grind can be very special! I think of this verse when alone with God:

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Just sit back and praise God. Thank Him for all His goodness. Praise Him for being God. Talk with Him as He loves fellowship with you. Stillness is hard to come by in our day to day lives. Matter of fact it can be hard to do because we often don't know how to be still with God! If you are away with your spouse it may be good to be still together after your own time with God. Just thank God for you marriage, your kids, and all the blessings He has bestowed upon you. Praise God for bringing you together. Praise God for He is God!

So let me ask you, when was the last time you got away? Make plans now to do so. It will do you good in so many ways. Make sure you plan time with God....He deserves it and so do you. You won't regret it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3159619 - 02/11/13 10:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Good advice PMT - some I hope I can hear/react to this year!

Amazing pic! Glad you guys had that time and glad to have you back!

#3159644 - 02/11/13 10:44 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
Welcome back!!!

#3162156 - 02/13/13 08:47 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Near Perfection.

Yesterday I lost a dear friend. Lila Roberts. I had the pleasure of going to church with her and also working with her as she served the Lord as one of the secretaries at church. Over my 42 soon to be 43 years of life I have had the pleasure of meeting many godly people. Lila and Dan Roberts have to be the most Christ-like people I have ever met. Trust me I do not give that title of most Christ-like out easily. Matter of fact I have never said that before! I want you to think in your own life at this moment and ask yourself...who is the godliest example in your life? For me it is Lila and Dan Roberts. Humble, wow does this ever describe them. They always put others first. Just like Jesus. Serving, they serve without question. You did not have to ask them to do something, they took the bull by the horns and served. Just like Jesus. Praying, they prayed for folks and believed God would answer. Just like Jesus. Loving, the loved people unconditionally. Just like Jesus. Encouragement, Lila and Dan always encouraged me and bragged on me. Their words were always uplifting. Just like Jesus. God fearing, Lila and Dan loved Jesus and feared the Lord. They gave God the respect, awe, and admiration that is due the King of Kings. As you can see these folks are special people. Loved by so many. I never heard Lila or Dan say anything that the Lord would disapprove of. I never seen Dan or Lila do anything that the Lord would frown upon. Now I know Lila and Dan are not perfect as their is only One who has lived a perfect life and that is Jesus but if all of us could pattern our lives after Dan and Lila I can promise you this world would be a better place and Jesus would be much happier with the way we are living our lives!

So this morning I want to leave you with this, live for Jesus. Lila did. She lived a great life and today is with Jesus. Paul said "imitate me" here:

1 Corinthians 11:1

11 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Although knowing Lila she would not agree with me saying this, but I can say with confidence this morning if we imitate Lila and Dan's walk with Christ we would do well to imitate them as they imitate Christ.

God bless you my sweet friend Lila, I will see you soon on the other side.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3162185 - 02/13/13 09:03 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

content Online
Prayers sent
Page 212 of 260 « First<210211212213214>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
79 registered (Nitro, smalljawbasser, lung-buster, Heavy Mass, huntintn, 250sav, 7 invisible) and 120 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93153 Topics
1088139 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.142 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.