Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3161896 - 02/12/13 10:11 PM 900yr old Prophecy-Next Pope to Oversee End Times
sgtwebb1
16 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Petrus Romanus--the last Pope, according to a 900 year old prophecy

Very interesting stuff.

"....According to researchers, theologians and evangelical scholars, the phrases Malachy scribed in his writings offer up the “nature, name, destiny or coat of arms” of every pope in succession and culminate with the naming of the 112th pope...."

Oh, yeah.....

Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana was given the nickname "Peter the Roman" by his fellow Cardinals. He is also a leading candidate.....

Also, this does not imply that the next Pope will be called ‘Peter II’. No Pope has ever dared to take the name of the first Pope, the Rock chosen directly by Christ. Instead, the expression ‘Peter the Roman’ — like all the other expressions used by St. Malachy to describe future Popes — refers to his Pontificate.

However, his given name IS Peter......

(disclaimer)
And before I'm skewered as being anti-anything, I'm not saying I believe the Pope will be responsible for anything, certainly I don't think he is/will be the Antichrist. Not at all, as a matter of fact.

I just thought it's a very thought-provoking article.

Edited by sgtwebb1 (02/12/13 10:17 PM)

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3161958 - 02/13/13 03:41 AM Re: 900yr old Prophecy-Next Pope to Oversee End Times [Re: sgtwebb1]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

always interesting and always void of answering the question, what then shall we do when it does happen? The end doesn't have to be the end of all things to be the end for many.

The answer is to do what we have or should be doing, obeying the 2 greatest commandments. It's not just about the destination, it's how we treat the people we meet along the way that tells the story.

The history of that time is filled with "super natural" events in the Catholic Church. Many I've read about happened when interest in the church grew dim. The effect was to get the towns people to fear and give what they had to the church. Eventually force was applied, the time was called the dark ages when the church applied the idea that it was far better to torcher the body here forcing submission unto death if necessary than burn for all eternity.

The Catholic Church today still uses the "super natural" as this article demonstrates.

I will say this, there have been many in the past who thought their days were the last and they had good reason except that it has never been on a global scale like today, it was their end.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
kiplrrp, MudIslandMemphis, bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308
13555 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (Allen Sullivan, fourwheeler431, Fearless, Jcalder, MidTNKayakAngler, 102, 9 invisible) and 272 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13555 Members
42 Forums
99458 Topics
1169960 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.