Tndeer Logo

Page 15 of 20 « First<1314151617>Last »
Topic Options
#3169251 - 02/18/13 10:12 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: pseshooter300]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

My hair hurts after reading all of this garb. You hunt the way you want to and I'll hunt the way I want to and with any luck we will both be happy at the end of the day. If you only want to kill 1 buck or even 2 bucks, don't let a 3 buck limit get in your way. It's real easy. Don't pull the trigger no more. Problem solved.

Dont tread on me

#3169267 - 02/18/13 10:27 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

instead of changing the bag limit how likely would it be to change the season starts? people please don't get me wrong I am happy with them I am just curious. im sure there is a thread about it I just haven't found it.

#3169282 - 02/18/13 10:45 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
Is a 2 buck limit likely or just a rumor at this point?

#3169336 - 02/19/13 03:29 AM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: Vermin93]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

ONly a rumor without much to back it up.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3169386 - 02/19/13 06:35 AM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: pseshooter300]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: pseshooter300
I have never been to west Tn but are they really that many deer there? I here people claim they are running everywhere like rats lol. Here in the east that is not the case at least the properties i hunt? I just always thought a 2 buck limit would help but then again what do i know i just enjoy hunting

unit B had a 2 buck limit for several years. it didn't help. and a 3 buck limit doesn't hurt.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3169406 - 02/19/13 07:04 AM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: stik]
Frank G
8 Point

Loc: Hardin Co, TN Pickwick Lake

Originally Posted By: stik
I have never been to west Tn but are they really that many deer there? I here people claim they are running everywhere like rats lol. Here in the east that is not the case at least the properties i hunt? I just always thought a 2 buck limit would help but then again what do i know i just enjoy hunting

unit B had a 2 buck limit for several years. it didn't help. and a 3 buck limit doesn't hurt.

To pseshooter300
There are areas here in southern "L" that Your description “running around like rats” is correct “big rats” would be better call though (ha). I took a buck with my Ford on the way to the lease one morning. Another member took one with his Chevy on the way home the next evening “AND” two days latter as we were standing by our gate locking up a car took a doe not 150 feet up the road. As I’m sitting here composing this return note there are 11 walking by across from my house, no kidding man. Check out hunt swaps forum, your more then welcome to come over next season a take a couple to the “locker” if you like. Send a note and we can set up.

#3169419 - 02/19/13 07:17 AM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: Frank G]
Frank G
8 Point

Loc: Hardin Co, TN Pickwick Lake

Follow up:
Most don't relize how well they have it here in Tennessee overall. The DNR does a great jop with regulating the resource, not a easy task. Granted we don’t have as many of the “monsters” here as other states, but it has to do more with agriculture then setting buck limits. I for one relocating to TN was one of my best moves.

#3169520 - 02/19/13 08:46 AM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: pseshooter300]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

It really depends on what part of Unit L you are talking about. In some of the mixed hardwood and agricultural regions of Unit L, deer densities are the highest in the state (although not outrageously high like in some of the Northern states like WI, Lower MI, and parts of NY). And by "high" I mean perhaps 30+ deer per square mile (unlike some Northern states that have pockets of 60-100 deer per square mile). In the big sections of ridge-and-hollow hardwoods of Unit L, deer densities are still better than Unit B, but not that high. More like 20-25 deer per square mile. And considering the rugged terrain and forest cover, hunters don't see that many deer while hunting. Sighting rates of 0.5 to 1.0 deer per hunting hour are common for this region. In the mixed ag regions, sightings of 1-3 deer per hour of hunting are fairly common.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3169616 - 02/19/13 11:00 AM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: pseshooter300]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Yep,there are more,not surprising to see 10 or 12 in an afternoon.Not every time of course.Heck,I see 10 to 15 deer about everyday,just driving back and forth to work.

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3169738 - 02/19/13 01:45 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
Yep,there are more,not surprising to see 10 or 12 in an afternoon.Not every time of course.Heck,I see 10 to 15 deer about everyday,just driving back and forth to work.

I perfect example of how different deer density and deer observability can be between different areas of Unit L, even nearby areas. Football Hunter's place isn't that far from my place. However, his place includes bottomland agriculture as well as upland hardwoods. My place is all upland hardwoods. We've NEVER seen 10-12 deer in a single hunt, let alone consider it common. In fact, even in a great year, we rarely exceed seeing deer on 50% of our hunts, and then only see 1-3 deer in a hunt where we do see deer. In a great year, we see 0.5 deer per hour (basically 1 deer for every 2 hours of hunting). In a poor year, we see around 0.25 deer per hour (1 deer for every 4 hours of hunting).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

Page 15 of 20 « First<1314151617>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (Zulu, JThuntsalot, Thicketmaster, gobblegrunt, BuckDropper, slagtown_dfa, 12 invisible) and 174 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96103 Topics
1125211 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.067 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.