Tndeer Logo

Page 14 of 20 « First<1213141516>Last »
Topic Options
#3168752 - 02/18/13 04:09 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: WRbowhunter]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

I was referring to Jar's comment about hunters that just want to get a buck and and get bloody.It Makes hunters sound like they are blood thirsty savages.IMO most hunters try to make quick clean kills and try to be quick and clean with their butchering. Quite the opposite of enjoying the bloody part of it.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3168788 - 02/18/13 04:36 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: BSK]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK

So the TWRA is between a rock and hard place. They have pockets of the state that are currently in exceptional shape and where imposing restrictive limits would actually be detrimental. And then they have pockets of the state were no realistic limit could be set that will produce what some hunters want (harveatable numbers of mature bucks). So what are they to do? I wish I had the answer...

Abandoning the current unit structure in favor of smaller divisions based on current needs for that section? I guess just breaking by county would be the easiest for the average hunter to try and keep up with (Especially those of us who may hunt 3, 4 or more counties in a given season).

BTW, thanks for your posts on this - I find the stuff you're sharing to be fascinating.

#3168821 - 02/18/13 05:04 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: -DRM-]
pseshooter300
8 Point

Loc: kingsport

I wish it was 2 buck limit
#3168840 - 02/18/13 05:16 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: -DRM-]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

-DRM- and others,

I think county by county regs would be the only chance of "fixing" some small scale problem areas, but I wonder if even that is small-scale enough. Pockets within counties can be great or poor.

In addition, the state recently went to more regionwide limits because so many hunters were complaining about the localized regulations being too complicated. If you want to see complicated, go look at the regulations, seasons, and limits in Lower Michigan. Counties are sub-divided into management "units" (north of this road and west of that road and south of this road) and bag limits set by each of these sub-units. That means your neighbor across the road could be hunting under different bag limits than you are. THAT'S complicated!

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3168843 - 02/18/13 05:17 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: WestTn Huntin'man
I was referring to Jar's comment about hunters that just want to get a buck and and get bloody.It Makes hunters sound like they are blood thirsty savages.IMO most hunters try to make quick clean kills and try to be quick and clean with their butchering. Quite the opposite of enjoying the bloody part of it.

I fully get your opposition to jar's comments.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3168876 - 02/18/13 05:46 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: BSK]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
-DRM- and others,

I think county by county regs would be the only chance of "fixing" some small scale problem areas, but I wonder if even that is small-scale enough. Pockets within counties can be great or poor.

In addition, the state recently went to more regionwide limits because so many hunters were complaining about the localized regulations being too complicated. If you want to see complicated, go look at the regulations, seasons, and limits in Lower Michigan. Counties are sub-divided into management "units" (north of this road and west of that road and south of this road) and bag limits set by each of these sub-units. That means your neighbor across the road could be hunting under different bag limits than you are. THAT'S complicated!

And, to add to how complicated those type regulations are, they would also be totally unenforceable under the current check-in system. The internet and mobile app options of check-in would have to be scrapped to have any chance at reasonable compliance with county or sub-county regulations. IMO, the likelihood of them bringing any improvement, whatever that might be, is not worth the inconvenience it would cause hunters.

#3168899 - 02/18/13 06:08 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: scn]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: scn
IMO, the likelihood of them bringing any improvement, whatever that might be, is not worth the inconvenience it would cause hunters.

Well said scn.

#3168923 - 02/18/13 06:19 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: BSK]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

IMO, the likelihood of them bringing any improvement, whatever that might be, is not worth the inconvenience it would cause hunters.

Well said scn.

Wasn't there a thread in the TWRA forum last year or the year before complaining about how complicated our regulations were? It amazes me to see all the complaining about complicated regs, the TWRA simplifies things and people then want TWRA to make them more complicated again!

I am starting to recall why I decided to not go the agency route all those years ago!

#3168935 - 02/18/13 06:25 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter

Well said scn.

Wasn't there a thread in the TWRA forum last year or the year before complaining about how complicated our regulations were? It amazes me to see all the complaining about complicated regs, the TWRA simplifies things and people then want TWRA to make them more complicated again!

I am starting to recall why I decided to not go the agency route all those years ago!
You can offer some people free beer and they would complain if you asked them to bring their own mug!! \:D

#3168951 - 02/18/13 06:35 PM Re: Change In Hunting Reg's? [Re: Beekeeper]
Trapper John
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: La Vergne,TN/Decaturville, TN

Originally Posted By: Beekeeper
 Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter

Well said scn.

You can offer some people free beer and they would complain if you asked them to bring their own mug!! \:D

I enjoy this analogy and find it to be perfect in every way. It points out the ability of people to be perpetually unsatisfied AND it mentions beer. Well done.

Oh, and I like things how they are. Freedom galore for Unit A/L. I don't hunt Unit B and am not near educated enough on how things are out East, so I'll remain silent on that one due to lack of information.

Page 14 of 20 « First<1213141516>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
108 registered (CAW, LA man, leader, redblood, stickler, sc8point, 9 invisible) and 176 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85354 Topics
1031385 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.255 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.