Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3166254 - 02/16/13 01:51 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

you boys are ate up with BAMA! we can't beat'em on the field so let's find every angle possible to run them down. lol....loser mentality, weak.
Toyota
Apple

#3166262 - 02/16/13 02:03 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Nothing to do with it. Go back and read my previous posts about college sports fans in general. They kinda peg you to a tee.

#3166357 - 02/16/13 03:53 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Why is the guy an idiot? He still likes his school and his team. So? He's at least smart enough to know the guys that beat him aren't going to be on the team anymore. The victim is on a full ride academic scholarship to the school he wanted to attend. Seems like some of you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. People get the crap beat out of them every year on college campuses, still stay in school, and move on. If you're the type to run from adversity, then I understand. I think there are still some all women colleges left to choose from.
#3166401 - 02/16/13 04:31 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

It always comes down to you lobbing insults from behind your computer, doesn't it.

I suggest some people skills therapy.

#3166423 - 02/16/13 04:51 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: beachguy
you boys are ate up with BAMA! we can't beat'em on the field so let's find every angle possible to run them down. lol....loser mentality, weak.

No, this has zero to do with the fact it's the University of Alabma. I would have the same opinion if this occurred at Tennessee, Georgia, or even Belmont. I'm more concerned with political problems and society as a whole than any sports team. Right now (indefinite team suspension and a campus ban pending the police investigation) the team and university have done the right thing. I feel a grown man infatuated and trying to live vicariously through a college sports team has a questionable mentality as well.

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Why is the guy an idiot? He still likes his school and his team. So? He's at least smart enough to know the guys that beat him aren't going to be on the team anymore. The victim is on a full ride academic scholarship to the school he wanted to attend. Seems like some of you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. People get the crap beat out of them every year on college campuses, still stay in school, and move on. If you're the type to run from adversity, then I understand. I think there are still some all women colleges left to choose from.

This is just a subject we disagree on. If a team beats you or your kid's @$$ like this and you want to sit side by side and cheer for them in a few months grab your pom poms and have at it!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3166463 - 02/16/13 05:28 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: beachguy

No, this has zero to do with the fact it's the University of Alabma. I would have the same opinion if this occurred at Tennessee, Georgia, or even Belmont. I'm more concerned with political problems and society as a whole than any sports team. Right now (indefinite team suspension and a campus ban pending the police investigation) the team and university have done the right thing. I feel a grown man infatuated and trying to live vicariously through a college sports team has a questionable mentality as well.
LMAO........ok ;\)
Toyota
Apple

#3166496 - 02/16/13 05:55 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I just hate thugs, period. It's just so happens that many of them have similar descriptions.

I don't think anyone is defending these thugs or wanting to let them back on the team or on campus. Anyone who does is an idiot and deserves to be beaten by thugs.

There are fans who take sports way too seriously to the point where people are hurt or even killed. They too are idiots and deserve to be beaten by thugs.

And yes, there are some hypocritical fans who will apply one set of moral and ethical standards to their everyday life and another set of moral and ethical standards to their team if it gives their team a better chance to win.

I would think all of those observations are pretty obvious to most people.

I agree with the article from AL.com that said Saban should have kicked them off the team by now. I'm not sure what he's waiting for.

#3166894 - 02/16/13 11:30 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

de novo, where did you read the whole team beat this kid? From what I read, one did the beating, two watched and a fourth bought something out of a vending machine with the victim's stolen card. Four players out of 100 doesn't reflect the mindset or actions of the whole team.

Where did this thread turn into a discussion of fans? "I feel a grown man infatuated and trying to live vicariously through a college sports team has a questionable mentality as well". Where the heck did that come from? I agree with the statement, but I wouldn't stop at college sports either. Ever been to a youth football, baseball, soccer or basketball game?

Vermin, from what I've read, there is university policy in play. I don't ever remember Saban ever reinstating a player that was banned from the campus. There is some question about whether the kid that used one of the victim's cards even knew it was stolen, unless something has changed in the last couple of days. I'd say there is zero chance that three of the four will ever step foot in the football complex again. I have no idea about the fourth.

#3166901 - 02/17/13 12:26 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: de novo

Here's one of the actual victims' account of the attack. Basically, they decided to sucker punch and beat a white student for fun. No worries, even after a severe beating, the victim still loves Alabama Football!

And even after the report, which he says was unprovoked, the sophomore still plans to root for his school’s football team in the fall.

“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”

Jurgens elaborated on what happened in an interview with The Crimson White. He was walking home early Monday morning when he was approached and asked if he had a lighter. He said he didn’t, the man asked him again and he replied the same.

“That’s when I guess something happened,” Jurgens said. “I woke up, my face was swollen, I had cuts, and I had a concussion. Police say that’s probably when they hit me; I just know right after that I lost consciousness and I regained consciousness on the sidewalk, staring at the sky.”

{snip}

“It’s almost like they were doing it for fun, because it seemed weird that they didn’t rob me of my wallet or phone or keys,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “But, I just know they sure did an efficient job because I can’t recall parts of it even today.”

http://www.amren.com/news/2013/02/alabam...abama-football/

Sounds a lot like the victims of the Vols football players armed robbery several years back. I think I remember the victim evan commenting he wanted his assailants autograph in that case.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/69841967.html

I don't see any reason for either victim to all of a sudden hate the team or the school because of the acts of a few idiots. Neither of the crimes are representative of the team nor the schools core principles.

What is a shame is the fact that people have such hate of their rival that they use these unfortunate incidences in an attempt to smear their rivals name. The victims (in both instances) seem to want to move on before the fans do. All schools have idiot fans, and even idiot players.

#3166902 - 02/17/13 12:30 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BamaProud]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

I don't see Saban keeping them on the team. He has way too much talent and depth and honestly doesn't need the hassle or distractions. I'm not a Bama fan but Saban is one heck of a coach and I will be surprised if he doesn't deal with the thugs appropriately.
Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
128 registered (rukiddin?, MUP, WORM82, papaw, SALTMAN, duckriver, 18 invisible) and 160 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90834 Topics
1060881 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.215 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.