6 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/15260...ollege-football

Homer Simpson

#3161116 - 02/12/13 01:11 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: MidTN]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

I wonder who's in more trouble, the players or the cop that arrested them?
#3161122 - 02/12/13 01:17 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: EastTNHunter]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

I always loved those off season "indefinite suspensions". It will all die down and they will be back on the field in the fall.

#3161131 - 02/12/13 01:25 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Diehard Hunter]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

This one is very serious. They beat the chit out of a student, stole his wallet, and used his debit card. I hope the student drags Johnny Cochran out of his grave and into court.

The right thing for Saban too do is to kick them off the team and let the authorities deal with them. If Saban does that, he may gain some respect from me for being something other than a good coach. Not that he cares about my respect...

#3161134 - 02/12/13 01:27 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: farmin68]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

They will all be gone. This ain't the 80's canes

#3161136 - 02/12/13 01:29 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Diehard Hunter]
BirdDog123
4 Point

Loc: Tennesssee, US

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
I always loved those off season "indefinite suspensions". It will all die down and they will be back on the field in the fall.

You really thing these guys will be back on the field? Most of those guys were practice squad so they were never "on the field" to begin with.

There isn't a team in college football that is immune to having a few hooligans in the bunch. They will go to jail, will not play football, and the team will move on.. simple as that.

#3161138 - 02/12/13 01:32 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Ugly. It will be interesting to see how Saban handles this blatant thuggery. Most people, especially in the South, have very little tolerance for gangsta thugs beating on citizens. I hope he drops the hammer on them if the law doesn't do it first.

#3161139 - 02/12/13 01:32 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BirdDog123]
beachguy
10 Point

Agree

#3161158 - 02/12/13 01:50 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BirdDog123]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: BirdDog123
 Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter

You really thing these guys will be back on the field? Most of those guys were practice squad so they were never "on the field" to begin with.

There isn't a team in college football that is immune to having a few hooligans in the bunch. They will go to jail, will not play football, and the team will move on.. simple as that.

Eddie Williams is a big time football talent. He was one of the highest ranked recruits in the nation last year. The other 3 guys were also highly recruited players, especially Calloway. They were not practice squad only players. I don't think they will be back and I agree that Alabama will move on, but these aren't scrubs they may be losing - especially Williams.

Edited by Vermin93 (02/12/13 01:51 PM)

#3161159 - 02/12/13 01:50 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

PAROLE TIDE!!!!!!!!

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3161168 - 02/12/13 01:56 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
brmaster
6 Point

Loc: TN, Shelbyville

Make a statement,,,,,,remove any scholarships, remove from team
but only after they have been convicted or accept some type of plea aggreement

#3161177 - 02/12/13 02:00 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: brmaster]
Jason Bagby
12 Point

Loc: Lincoln County

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer....4 Bammers in the slammer!
Bunnies,
It's what's for dinner.....

#3161181 - 02/12/13 02:03 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
WRbowhunter
8 Point

Loc: collierville,tn

Need to lay the hammer down on these thugs.

#3161187 - 02/12/13 02:08 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
wayne
10 Point

Loc: Grundy

Originally Posted By: beachguy
They will all be gone. This ain't the 80's canes

Agree. It's not like he wont have players to plug in their postion and not miss a beat. That what you get when you have a great coach and recruiter.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com

#3161188 - 02/12/13 02:11 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: wayne]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

saban will not do nothing

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3161189 - 02/12/13 02:11 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: JCDEERMAN]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
PAROLE TIDE!!!!!!!!

Never seen that, funny right there!!!!

#3161227 - 02/12/13 02:44 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Deer Assassin]
beachguy
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin
saban will not do nothing
try google bro, it's awesome! ;\)

#3161231 - 02/12/13 02:49 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
PAROLE TIDE!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!

#3161270 - 02/12/13 03:14 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Hey, it gets worse...

Miss Tuscaloosa Arrested

#3161272 - 02/12/13 03:16 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Honestly, this is what I loathe about college sports and their fans.

I bet there's a percentage of fans that would trade their daughter getting raped by the 'star' of the team and letting them off the hook in exchange for a National Championship.

We pull thugs out of the hood and put them on a pedistal.

#3161284 - 02/12/13 03:22 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Be interesting to see what happens to them.

#3161453 - 02/12/13 05:44 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: RUGER]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Pic, I can't imagine there being anyone that would do as you suggest.

Saban will do as he has done before. If there are grounds to punt them, he'll punt. It doesn't sound like there will be an option for at least three of them. Can't play ball in jail. The Saban hate is funny. Some of you actually haven't been paying attention, just pissed because your team has been Sabanized.

#3161460 - 02/12/13 05:52 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

My statement was about all of college football not just AL. I have no doubt that Saben will let them walk. Sadly, someone like WKU or MTSU will pick them up.

I know a few died in the wool, 6 day a week racists, except on Saturday when they head east to Knoxville and cheer for the stat-makers. This is true for many teams, not just picking on UT fans.

#3161479 - 02/12/13 06:06 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hangnail
12 Point

I didn't think you were speaking for just Alabama. But that is a hard opinion to accept. I'm confident there are nuts in efvery fanbase, but I can't go where you went.
#3161525 - 02/12/13 06:24 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Ok, someone ELSE'S daughter?

#3161937 - 02/12/13 11:55 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
My statement was about all of college football not just AL. I have no doubt that Saben will let them walk. Sadly, someone like WKU or MTSU will pick them up.

I know a few died in the wool, 6 day a week racists, except on Saturday when they head east to Knoxville and cheer for the stat-makers. This is true for many teams, not just picking on UT fans.

I know a lot of them too. And many of them head for LP Field in Nashville on Sunday afternoon as well.

#3161944 - 02/13/13 12:38 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Bambi Buster]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Indefinite suspension is just the first step in the Staff sorting this out. They will be gone shortly. He has no reason to keep trouble on the roster and Calloway especially has a history of it(drug use).

Fans of other teams will revel in the fact that the mighty Tide has shown a character flaw...(just like some Bama fans to do when other teams have issues)but the honest ones understand that every team has occasional issues. Under Saban Alabama has been pretty clean for the past 2 or 3 years compared to most of the top teams. They will be an afterthought to "the process" in a few days.

#3162005 - 02/13/13 06:31 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Saban put dismissed them from the team and Im glad. I love my TIDE, unfortunatly good athletes dont make good people.
#3162031 - 02/13/13 07:05 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Honestly, this is what I loathe about college sports and their fans.

I bet there's a percentage of fans that would trade their daughter getting raped by the 'star' of the team and letting them off the hook in exchange for a National Championship.

We pull thugs out of the hood and put them on a pedistal.

No, they would trade someone else's daughter being raped by a player on a championship team. I loathe hypocrites and that's what most college and pro fanatics are.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3162186 - 02/13/13 09:06 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BamaProud]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Indefinite suspension is just the first step in the Staff sorting this out. They will be gone shortly. He has no reason to keep trouble on the roster and Calloway especially has a history of it(drug use).

Fans of other teams will revel in the fact that the mighty Tide has shown a character flaw...(just like some Bama fans to do when other teams have issues)but the honest ones understand that every team has occasional issues. Under Saban Alabama has been pretty clean for the past 2 or 3 years compared to most of the top teams. They will be an afterthought to "the process" in a few days.

Good assessment. Truth be told, I like AL and I have no reason to think Saban will keep these guys around.

#3162331 - 02/13/13 11:04 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
beachguy
10 Point

Originally Posted By: de novo

No, they would trade someone else's daughter being raped by a player on a championship team. I loathe hypocrites and that's what most college and pro fanatics are.

Good lord bud, it's just a game

#3162366 - 02/13/13 11:34 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Hangnail
12 Point

If you know someone like this, you're hanging with the wrong folks. I know there are people within some of the athletic departments that would push this type of stuff under the rug, but fans? If your paycheck doesn't count on it, a little disappointment for a loss is about as bad as it gets with 99% of fans. Of course, once the hopeless feeling subsides there is a mad dash to point out moral victories

de novo, I fail to see the connection between sports fans and hypocrites. I don't know any fake fans.

#3162383 - 02/13/13 12:02 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Good lord bud, it's just a game

unfortunately, it's not anymore.

#3162397 - 02/13/13 12:14 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Hangnail

de novo, I fail to see the connection between sports fans and hypocrites. I don't know any fake fans.

If you believe someone who commits a crime belongs in jail unless they play for your team then you are a hypocrite. To make excuses or actively defend someone accused of a serious crime because they can score touchdowns or sack a quarterback is pathetic. This refers to any number of serious crimes - rape, armed robbery, murder, aggravated assault - or a repeat offender of minor crimes.

There is a difference between a sports fan and fanatic. My post was in response to PITC's disgust about parts of the fanbase that are fanatics. A youtube video showed a UK man offering his wife to a basketball recruit on the street last year in exchange for signing with the school. You may argue he was joking but what an idiot. Some nuts are fanatical about their sports teams. They come in all forms: from the poor, trashy fan to the "honorable" millionaire alumni booster.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3162399 - 02/13/13 12:14 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

All these dudes will end up to be vols if saban dumps em.
It would greatly improve the incoming class of players even if they are only practice squad.:)

#3162460 - 02/13/13 01:07 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BamaProud]
PalsPal
8 Point

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Indefinite suspension is just the first step in the Staff sorting this out. They will be gone shortly.

True, but I was very surprised that AL.com took him to task for not doing immediately.

Ouch!

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/scarbinsky_four_arrested_alaba.html

#3166200 - 02/16/13 12:58 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: PalsPal]
de novo
10 Point

Here's one of the actual victims' account of the attack. Basically, they decided to sucker punch and beat a white student for fun. No worries, even after a severe beating, the victim still loves Alabama Football!

And even after the report, which he says was unprovoked, the sophomore still plans to root for his school’s football team in the fall.

“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”

Jurgens elaborated on what happened in an interview with The Crimson White. He was walking home early Monday morning when he was approached and asked if he had a lighter. He said he didn’t, the man asked him again and he replied the same.

“That’s when I guess something happened,” Jurgens said. “I woke up, my face was swollen, I had cuts, and I had a concussion. Police say that’s probably when they hit me; I just know right after that I lost consciousness and I regained consciousness on the sidewalk, staring at the sky.”

{snip}

“It’s almost like they were doing it for fun, because it seemed weird that they didn’t rob me of my wallet or phone or keys,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “But, I just know they sure did an efficient job because I can’t recall parts of it even today.”

http://www.amren.com/news/2013/02/alabam...abama-football/

#3166220 - 02/16/13 01:17 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
Hangnail
12 Point

de novo, why are you worried about what the victim thinks? If you were a student somewhere and got beaten by a jock, would you hate the school or the team? Apparently, this guy doesn't and just wants to get through this and move on. Also, you need to look up the definition of a hypocrite. A hypocrite would accept criminals on his team, but no other team would be afforded the same in his eyes. That is a hypocrite.
#3166246 - 02/16/13 01:41 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
de novo
10 Point

de novo, why are you worried about what the victim thinks?

That sounds a lot like Hillary Clinton's - "What difference does it make" comment.

I like to hear all sides. If I find a story quoting the perpetrators version of the story I'll link it as well. You can choose to read it or skip over it.

Quote:
If you were a student somewhere and got beaten by a jock, would you hate the school or the team? Apparently, this guy doesn't and just wants to get through this and move on.

If I was attacked, knocked unconscious, and beaten by four members of any sports team in an unprovoked attack like he described, the last thing I would do is pay money to watch them play the following season.

Quote:
Also, you need to look up the definition of a hypocrite. A hypocrite would accept criminals on his team, but no other team would be afforded the same in his eyes. That is a hypocrite.

I looked it up and still have no idea what the above statement even means.

hyp·o·crite
noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\

Definition of HYPOCRITE

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

— hypocrite adjective

#3166250 - 02/16/13 01:47 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Here's one of the actual victims' account of the attack. Basically, they decided to sucker punch and beat a white student for fun. No worries, even after a severe beating, the victim still loves Alabama Football!

And even after the report, which he says was unprovoked, the sophomore still plans to root for his school’s football team in the fall.

“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”

Jurgens elaborated on what happened in an interview with The Crimson White. He was walking home early Monday morning when he was approached and asked if he had a lighter. He said he didn’t, the man asked him again and he replied the same.

“That’s when I guess something happened,” Jurgens said. “I woke up, my face was swollen, I had cuts, and I had a concussion. Police say that’s probably when they hit me; I just know right after that I lost consciousness and I regained consciousness on the sidewalk, staring at the sky.”

{snip}

“It’s almost like they were doing it for fun, because it seemed weird that they didn’t rob me of my wallet or phone or keys,” Jurgens told The Crimson White. “But, I just know they sure did an efficient job because I can’t recall parts of it even today.”

What a complete idiot. He's so hypnotized by his schools team that he would rather not 'stir up any more controversy' to give the Tide a bad name.

Typical for todays rabid sports fan- sell your soul for victory.

#3166254 - 02/16/13 01:51 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
beachguy
10 Point

you boys are ate up with BAMA! we can't beat'em on the field so let's find every angle possible to run them down. lol....loser mentality, weak.

#3166262 - 02/16/13 02:03 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Nothing to do with it. Go back and read my previous posts about college sports fans in general. They kinda peg you to a tee.

#3166357 - 02/16/13 03:53 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hangnail
12 Point

Why is the guy an idiot? He still likes his school and his team. So? He's at least smart enough to know the guys that beat him aren't going to be on the team anymore. The victim is on a full ride academic scholarship to the school he wanted to attend. Seems like some of you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. People get the crap beat out of them every year on college campuses, still stay in school, and move on. If you're the type to run from adversity, then I understand. I think there are still some all women colleges left to choose from.
#3166401 - 02/16/13 04:31 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

It always comes down to you lobbing insults from behind your computer, doesn't it.

I suggest some people skills therapy.

#3166423 - 02/16/13 04:51 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
de novo
10 Point

you boys are ate up with BAMA! we can't beat'em on the field so let's find every angle possible to run them down. lol....loser mentality, weak.

No, this has zero to do with the fact it's the University of Alabma. I would have the same opinion if this occurred at Tennessee, Georgia, or even Belmont. I'm more concerned with political problems and society as a whole than any sports team. Right now (indefinite team suspension and a campus ban pending the police investigation) the team and university have done the right thing. I feel a grown man infatuated and trying to live vicariously through a college sports team has a questionable mentality as well.

Why is the guy an idiot? He still likes his school and his team. So? He's at least smart enough to know the guys that beat him aren't going to be on the team anymore. The victim is on a full ride academic scholarship to the school he wanted to attend. Seems like some of you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. People get the crap beat out of them every year on college campuses, still stay in school, and move on. If you're the type to run from adversity, then I understand. I think there are still some all women colleges left to choose from.

This is just a subject we disagree on. If a team beats you or your kid's @$$ like this and you want to sit side by side and cheer for them in a few months grab your pom poms and have at it!

#3166463 - 02/16/13 05:28 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
beachguy
10 Point

No, this has zero to do with the fact it's the University of Alabma. I would have the same opinion if this occurred at Tennessee, Georgia, or even Belmont. I'm more concerned with political problems and society as a whole than any sports team. Right now (indefinite team suspension and a campus ban pending the police investigation) the team and university have done the right thing. I feel a grown man infatuated and trying to live vicariously through a college sports team has a questionable mentality as well.
LMAO........ok ;\)

#3166496 - 02/16/13 05:55 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Vermin93
12 Point

I just hate thugs, period. It's just so happens that many of them have similar descriptions.

I don't think anyone is defending these thugs or wanting to let them back on the team or on campus. Anyone who does is an idiot and deserves to be beaten by thugs.

There are fans who take sports way too seriously to the point where people are hurt or even killed. They too are idiots and deserve to be beaten by thugs.

And yes, there are some hypocritical fans who will apply one set of moral and ethical standards to their everyday life and another set of moral and ethical standards to their team if it gives their team a better chance to win.

I would think all of those observations are pretty obvious to most people.

I agree with the article from AL.com that said Saban should have kicked them off the team by now. I'm not sure what he's waiting for.

#3166894 - 02/16/13 11:30 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

de novo, where did you read the whole team beat this kid? From what I read, one did the beating, two watched and a fourth bought something out of a vending machine with the victim's stolen card. Four players out of 100 doesn't reflect the mindset or actions of the whole team.

Where did this thread turn into a discussion of fans? "I feel a grown man infatuated and trying to live vicariously through a college sports team has a questionable mentality as well". Where the heck did that come from? I agree with the statement, but I wouldn't stop at college sports either. Ever been to a youth football, baseball, soccer or basketball game?

Vermin, from what I've read, there is university policy in play. I don't ever remember Saban ever reinstating a player that was banned from the campus. There is some question about whether the kid that used one of the victim's cards even knew it was stolen, unless something has changed in the last couple of days. I'd say there is zero chance that three of the four will ever step foot in the football complex again. I have no idea about the fourth.

#3166901 - 02/17/13 12:26 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: de novo]
BamaProud
12 Point

{snip}

Sounds a lot like the victims of the Vols football players armed robbery several years back. I think I remember the victim evan commenting he wanted his assailants autograph in that case.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/69841967.html

I don't see any reason for either victim to all of a sudden hate the team or the school because of the acts of a few idiots. Neither of the crimes are representative of the team nor the schools core principles.

What is a shame is the fact that people have such hate of their rival that they use these unfortunate incidences in an attempt to smear their rivals name. The victims (in both instances) seem to want to move on before the fans do. All schools have idiot fans, and even idiot players.

#3166902 - 02/17/13 12:30 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: BamaProud]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

I don't see Saban keeping them on the team. He has way too much talent and depth and honestly doesn't need the hassle or distractions. I'm not a Bama fan but Saban is one heck of a coach and I will be surprised if he doesn't deal with the thugs appropriately.
#3166910 - 02/17/13 01:10 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
Vermin93
12 Point

Vermin, from what I've read, there is university policy in play. I don't ever remember Saban ever reinstating a player that was banned from the campus. There is some question about whether the kid that used one of the victim's cards even knew it was stolen, unless something has changed in the last couple of days. I'd say there is zero chance that three of the four will ever step foot in the football complex again. I have no idea about the fourth.

Brent Calloway way busted at Alabama for pot possession a year and a half ago. Now he fraudulently uses a credit card that his homboyz stole from one of the assault victims they beat up. The card he used had the assault victim's name on in. Seems to me he's a punk that should be gone from the team and from campus. Wouldn't you agree, Hangnail?

#3166934 - 02/17/13 06:54 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Vermin93]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

No he wouldn't. For people living vicariously through punks and thugs that have a free ride playing ANYTHING is open for negotiation.

Wives, daughters, rape, assault, and of course cash are king to alumni and sidewalk alumni. If they can offer these items to sway a thug to run with a leather balloon on Saturdays then that's okay with them.

'Too bad it happened to somebody else this time' is what our FANatics are thinking right now.

#3166967 - 02/17/13 07:35 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
beachguy
10 Point

#3167054 - 02/17/13 09:31 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: beachguy]
Hangnail
12 Point

Vermin, yep, I forgot about Callaway and the pot. I'd say he's gone.

Pic, I have no idea how your mind works. Am I to assume that if you had a daughter, you wouldn't allow her to step foot on any college campus that had a sports team?

Beachguy, it's Sunday. How could you?

#3167522 - 02/17/13 04:59 PM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

LOL, I wouldn't expect you to.

It's like I'm talking about ice cream and you're still wondering how the container is so cold.

#3168101 - 02/18/13 12:48 AM Re: I bet Nick's not happy [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
BamaProud
12 Point

Wives, daughters, rape, assault, and of course cash are king to alumni and sidewalk alumni. If they can offer these items to sway a thug to run with a leather balloon on Saturdays then that's okay with them.

'Too bad it happened to somebody else this time' is what our FANatics are thinking right now.

I don't know anyone like that. I am not saying they aren't out there, but I have never met one, and I don't think those type fans are as common as you seem to suggest. I'm an Alabama fan, but wouldn't give a nickle to a recruit to come to "my" school. I would think anyone that emotionally caught up in a sport/team/school (Harvey Updyke comes to mind) probably has issues that would limit his earning potential in the first place. Thus he/she wouldn't have the ability to pay a recruit...the wife/daughter angle is just plain sick.

Page all of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (MUP, trm, bigluresonly, 7mm08, BlountArrow, TnBob, 5 invisible) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93071 Topics
1087571 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.093 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.