Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3160745 - 02/12/13 08:32 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Hunter 257W]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Glad to see it, but there will be many on my campus that will pitch a fit when they find out! I am surrounded by so many educated people that have lost all ability to think and reason.

#3160754 - 02/12/13 08:36 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Diehard Hunter]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Not to distract the conversation, but did they try to pass this last year and did it fail at some point? Lastly, does anyone know if the wording allows it on federally owned property?

#3160770 - 02/12/13 08:47 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: BlountArrow]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
Not to distract the conversation, but did they try to pass this last year and did it fail at some point? Lastly, does anyone know if the wording allows it on federally owned property?

It states anywhere the permit holder is legally allowed to be, except where firearms are prohibited by federal law, like oak ridge and TVA nuclear facilities.

The law they tried to pass last year was to allow college employees to carry on campus if I am not mistaken. It may have been a couple of years ago. Either way, this one backs off the carry into the building idea and allows you to have a gun in your vehicle on campus, locked away out of sight.

#3160815 - 02/12/13 09:34 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Diehard Hunter]
woodchuckc
8 Point

Loc: Hickman County, TN

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
 Originally Posted By: BlountArrow

It states anywhere the permit holder is legally allowed to be, except where firearms are prohibited by federal law, like oak ridge and TVA nuclear facilities.

The law they tried to pass last year was to allow college employees to carry on campus if I am not mistaken. It may have been a couple of years ago. Either way, this one backs off the carry into the building idea and allows you to have a gun in your vehicle on campus, locked away out of sight.

Yeah, it is really going to help me to have my gun locked in my car in the parking lot 1/2 mile away when some lunatic busts into my classroom and starts shooting while I'm giving a lecture to 150 students. I guess I could politely ask him to stop while I go get my gun, or just throw some dry erase markers and board erasers at him as they are the only "weapons" I'm allowed. Don't get me wrong, this is a small step in the right direction but I am afraid that once this passes and becomes law, many lawmakers will pat themselves on the back and think the job of restoring ALL of our rights to carry and protect ourselves is done.

#3160823 - 02/12/13 09:39 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: woodchuckc]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

I for one, am glad it's making its way thru. I am most vulnerable traveling to work. Now I will have the means to protect myself if need be.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3160892 - 02/12/13 10:28 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: WRbowhunter]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Originally Posted By: WRbowhunter
To be honest guys I am a little torn on this one. If I owned a business I would want the say so on what is and is not allowed on my property just like a land owner having control of their own property.

No more than a person telling another what they can keep in thier personal property.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3160978 - 02/12/13 11:24 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: Diehard Hunter]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
Glad to see it, but there will be many on my campus that will pitch a fit when they find out! I am surrounded by so many educated people that have lost all ability to think and reason.

As Jerry Clower would say, "educated beyond their intelligence."

#3160989 - 02/12/13 11:31 AM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: EastTNHunter]
Trapper John
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro,TN/Decaturville, ...

Glad they're doing it. However, it'll have little effect on me. I park in a public garage and walk to the office. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my weapon in that location.

Nice to know of the option, though.

#3161117 - 02/12/13 01:12 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: WRbowhunter]
1908_Cubbies
4 Point

Loc: Tullahoma, TN

To be honest guys I am a little torn on this one. If I owned a business I would want the say so on what is and is not allowed on my property just like a land owner having control of their own property.

There is already government say about your property if you have a business... You can't allow smoking inside. You can't ban races, genders or homos. You have to comply with ADA. Simple fact is, when you own a business, you don't have full control of your property.

#3161141 - 02/12/13 01:33 PM Re: Tennessee Senate approves guns-in-parking-lots bil [Re: WRbowhunter]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

the issue is that you may be employed with one of these companies and have to go to work to do your duties. However you will leave at some point. seems to me if you have the permit you should be allowed to carry in your car. Why should you have to leave your gun at home, everytime you go to work. we spend most of our time at our jobs, so it makes the permit less useful when you tell someone no guns on the premisses. Whats in your car is your business.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (Paul Burns, Stumpy, Bigmonts, Lady's man, hunter drew, leader, 8 invisible) and 120 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96063 Topics
1124822 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.