Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3160312 - 02/11/13 08:47 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: Chaneylake]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Chaneylake
all I want to do is kill a deer at 500 yards using my .40-65 Shiloh Sharps, "iron sights"

Go for it. I can't see that far, much less shoot that far.

#3160313 - 02/11/13 08:47 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: ]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

I like MZ season, it lets me step back into history. Sure the firing mechanisms may be more reliable now but flintlocks and early muskets were as capable of long shots as some centerfire weapons today, limited only by the ability of the man behind the weapon. As for why? Some folks like it, some dont. Its not for everybody and its not meant to be, much like bow hunting or rifle hunting. I prefer the bow, pick up the MZ a week out of the year and the rifle maybe twice, the rest of the time its the bow. I am not hollering for a longer bow season as I know there are others of another mindset, thats OK with me. TWRA has to cater to all hunters, the majority if you will, not a select few.

John 15:13

#3160314 - 02/11/13 08:47 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: birddog]
Barrett
formerly bad_deer24
12 Point

Loc: Nolensville, TN

Originally Posted By: birddog
the more I read this the more it makes zero since.

Agreed

"Don't Be Where They Are, Be Where They're Gonna Be"

>------>

#3160317 - 02/11/13 08:48 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: Diehard Hunter]
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Hmmmmm, troll alert

#3160320 - 02/11/13 08:50 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: Poser]
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Poser
In what county can you kill 5 does a day? The Unit L counties are not 3 doe a day bag limits so that hunters will kill 100 deer a season (this position is clearly stated by TWRA). Rather, the herd numbers allow hunters to kill up to 3 does a day if they choose, even though few will. This is primarily to afford hunters with few days to hunt, the chance to capitalize on opportunity, should it present itself, since there are "enough" deer to do so. TN's herd is less than a million deer. For reference, Mississippi has almost 2 million deer and you are limited to just 5 does a season.

Also, you won't have much luck pushing that agenda on this forum. I'm not sure how representative TN Deer is of TN hunters, but the majority of folks here, myself included, seem to enjoy Mzl Season. I'm sorry this casuses you so much distress.

Your enjoyment of muzzleloader season does not cause me any distress. Why should it? I don't care if you choose to throw rocks at them. And you shouldn't care if I choose to use a slug gun.

Use your brain and THINK.

#3160321 - 02/11/13 08:50 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: ]
trealtree
16 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: ElmerFudd
 Originally Posted By: huntintn
no leave it like it is.

Tradition ended with running water, indoor toilets, and lights at Wrigley field.

Please, let's try to use more modern logic than the single word "tradition"...assuming you're capable...which may be a long shot based upon your initial reply.

I would like to use high explosives and or concussion grenades if we are being modern. Imagine having a remote controlled button sitting in a tree stand and when the deer walks within range...

#3160325 - 02/11/13 08:52 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: Unicam]
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Unicam
I like MZ season, it lets me step back into history. Sure the firing mechanisms may be more reliable now but flintlocks and early muskets were as capable of long shots as some centerfire weapons today, limited only by the ability of the man behind the weapon. As for why? Some folks like it, some dont. Its not for everybody and its not meant to be, much like bow hunting or rifle hunting. I prefer the bow, pick up the MZ a week out of the year and the rifle maybe twice, the rest of the time its the bow. I am not hollering for a longer bow season as I know there are others of another mindset, thats OK with me. TWRA has to cater to all hunters, the majority if you will, not a select few.

Great. I'm glad for you. I'm not suggesting you change your hunting philosophy at all. But the time has come to admit that the "primitive" requirement has outlived itself.

#3160326 - 02/11/13 08:52 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: ]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
no leave it like it is.

Tradition ended with running water, indoor toilets, and lights at Wrigley field.

Please, let's try to use more modern logic than the single word "tradition"...assuming you're capable...which may be a long shot based upon your initial reply.

Well then, just jump right in there with the personal attack, why don't you....

If you are going to bash any type of tradition and push an agenda for pushing slug guns during Mzl season, you should just skip right over all the details and argue for a all weapon season for the duration of hunting season. Its a much easier argument to make. As it stands, you are making the case purely out of a "Me, me me" type argument.... \:\( "But I want to hunt with my shotgun \:\( \:\( \:\(

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3160328 - 02/11/13 08:53 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: ]
Barrett
formerly bad_deer24
12 Point

Loc: Nolensville, TN

Dude what's your deal? Why would you get on here and start off with something like this. You should probably sleep it off or just chill out and start over.

"Don't Be Where They Are, Be Where They're Gonna Be"

>------>

#3160329 - 02/11/13 08:53 PM Re: Let's Please Allow Slug Guns AND Muzzleloaders... [Re: trealtree]
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: trealtree
no leave it like it is.

I would like to use high explosives and or concussion grenades if we are being modern. Imagine having a remote controlled button sitting in a tree stand and when the deer walks within range...

I think those are illegal for ANYONE to own. You're just making a trivial excuse because you can't engage in honest fact-based debate.

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
15 registered (RKenney, Prowler, trevor2010, Zulu, Roguehunter, a baggett) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93069 Topics
1087560 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.112 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.