#3155535 - 02/07/13 08:24 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Jugfish
Most hunting shows embarass me.

I too am embarrassed for the hunting community when I see most hunting shows. In my opinion, they paint deer hunters in a very poor light. I would hate to think non-hunters are watching these shows and thinking that is what deer hunting is all about.

Bryan, I would hate to think that hunters are watching some of these shows and thinking that is what hunting is all about!

Edited by Hoss (02/07/13 08:25 PM)

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3156174 - 02/08/13 12:08 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Hoss]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Hoss

I too am embarrassed for the hunting community when I see most hunting shows. In my opinion, they paint deer hunters in a very poor light. I would hate to think non-hunters are watching these shows and thinking that is what deer hunting is all about.

Bryan, I would hate to think that hunters are watching some of these shows and thinking that is what hunting is all about!

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I blame TV hunting shows for the completely unrealistic expectations most hunters now have towards the deer they persue.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3156623 - 02/08/13 06:37 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
PinchPoint
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville Tn

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I blame TV hunting shows for the completely unrealistic expectations most hunters now have towards the deer they persue.
Agreed 110%

Genesis 27:3

#3159337 - 02/11/13 12:36 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: PinchPoint]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I can't say that I do not watch hunting shows but I do agree that they paint hunters in a bad light and also set unreal expectations for people. These same
'professionals" would probably not be able to kill anything on properties that I hunt and would be lost with out a guide sayin "sit in this tree and the deer will be here at 530 sharp." I am in no way a pro but I know where to go on my public properties to kill deer and to see bucks. I would also go so far as to say that many of these shows are turning people off to hunting because they believe that they should see a monster the first day and get discouraged when they don't.

#3159357 - 02/11/13 05:07 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

SO TRUE!
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3159507 - 02/11/13 08:45 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: 102]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Yeah,most hunting shows are unrealistic crap,but dont most people know that?Has anyone ordered anything from ACME after watching the Road runner and Coyote?

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3159859 - 02/11/13 01:58 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
Yeah,most hunting shows are unrealistic crap,but dont most people know that?

Unfortuntately, it is a proven scientific fact that propaganda subconciously overpowers rational thought. Just because someone "knows" TV hunting shows are for entertainment, their thoughts are still being influenced. If this wasn't a fact, manufacturers wouldn't spend the money they do on advertising.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3162010 - 02/13/13 06:38 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Unfortunately, like fake wrestling on tv, it's entertainment.

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3162323 - 02/13/13 10:56 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: freebird]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

When I hit the TV on button..... I know it's all entertainment..... \:\)
#3162430 - 02/13/13 12:47 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: gator-n-buck]
BSK
Non-Typical

Again, we can claim we conciously realize anything is "just entertainment." But if propaganda did not work subconciously as well as it does, advertisers would be out of business. Companies (and governments) spend so much money on advertising because it works, despite our best efforts to conciously ignore or devalue it.

Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (Poser, TNRifleman, tnshooter, gecko7, sc8point, BamaProud, 13 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88057 Topics
1031451 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.301 seconds in which 0.018 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.