Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3157364 - 02/09/13 01:37 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: tasaman]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

Winchester did used to make shotguns for Sears. These had stocks made from cheap wood. However, the shotguns were stamped with the name J.C. Higgens and not Winchester. My cousin had one that was copied after the Winchester 1200 pump shotgun which I owned. Other than the cheap stock, the shotguns were the same.

Also my wife bought me a T/C Blace Diamond muzzleloader from Wal-Mart for my birthday a few years ago. Two of my friends have the exact same muzzleloader from a gun shop. The only difference in the muzzleloaders is that mine cost about $100 less than theirs.

#3157969 - 02/09/13 09:36 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: GRAMPS]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

New Remingtons are of such poor quality that there is no way they could cheapen them any further even for Evil-Mart.
#3158755 - 02/10/13 03:02 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: Hunter 257W]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
What I find most incredible with this discussion is the implication that somebody has found a salesperson at a WalMart gun counter recently that actually knows what a gun is!!?! \:\)

Yep!

#3158961 - 02/10/13 05:37 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy
Nope, same guns as any other shops carry. Think about it, they are the largest seller of guns in the US, that would be a lot of second hand guns. Makes no sense, old wives tale.

X~2.......idiots start this stuff.

#3158974 - 02/10/13 05:45 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: Boone 58]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

Loc: Hohenwald,Tn

If it's a special run made for Wal-Mart or any where else for that matter it will have a different model number or letters on it. Otherwise it is the exact same gun as you buy any where else. The gun shops and owners have always spread rumors about Wal-Mart guns being inferior to what they sell. They can't compete with Wal-Marts prices so they will tell the uninformed people anything to try to scare them away from Wal-Marts guns.
#3159336 - 02/11/13 12:33 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: 348Winchester]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
New Remingtons are of such poor quality that there is no way they could cheapen them any further even for Evil-Mart.
haven't bought any bolt guns lately but if I do they will more than likely be a savage or drowning from here on out or maybe a cooper ;\)

#3159361 - 02/11/13 05:27 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: Boone 58]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: Boone 58
Nope, same guns as any other shops carry. Think about it, they are the largest seller of guns in the US, that would be a lot of second hand guns. Makes no sense, old wives tale.

So, I said I wasn't going to argue about this and I hope I don't get suckered in, but I have to say I do find it comical to read OPINIONS like this from people who obviously have NO first hand knowledge. Believe what you want. Those of us that know the FACTS won't try to change your mind.

#3159421 - 02/11/13 07:29 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: BlountArrow]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: Boone 58

So, I said I wasn't going to argue about this and I hope I don't get suckered in, but I have to say I do find it comical to read OPINIONS like this from people who obviously have NO first hand knowledge. Believe what you want. Those of us that know the FACTS won't try to change your mind.

EVERYTHING you, I and everybody else on this thread have posted is OPINION until someone posts a VERIFIED link that makes it FACT. If you have such links please post them. Just because you believe your OPINION is FACT, does not make it so. My OPINION on this matter is just OPINION, but it's a FACT that I would love to see VERIFIED citations on your opinion.

#3159432 - 02/11/13 07:46 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Okay, so I'm getting suckered back into this. Again, I know the facts because I was involved in that industry. If I can find you an internet link to prove what I encountered first hand I will share that. And, again, because I believe in relaying facts when someone asks this sort of question, not just spouting off my opinion, I will again tell you that what I have said here was fact from 1999 - 2005, whether it still exists today is beyond me.

To your post below, I have to ask how the [censored] would you know that? You answered the OP's question very "matter of factly" wouldn't you say? At least, I offered some reason as to why I know the facts surrounding the OP's question.

Nope, same guns as any other shops carry...Makes no sense, old wives tale.

Edited by BlountArrow (02/11/13 07:54 AM)

#3159439 - 02/11/13 07:54 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: BlountArrow]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
Okay, so I'm getting suckered back into this. Again, I know the facts because I was involved in that industry. If I can find you an internet link to prove what I encountered first hand I will share that. And, again, because I believe in relaying facts when someone asks this sort of question, not just spouting off my opinion, I will again tell you that what I have said here was fact from 1999 - 2005, whether it still exists today is beyond me.

To your post below, I have to ask how the [censored] would you know that? You answered the OP's question very "matter of factly" wouldn't you say? At least, I offered some reason as to why I know the facts surrounding the OP's question.

Once again, I stated my post was my OPINION, you stated yours was FACT. SHOW ME.

You have a gentleman that has posted on this thread twice that is employed by Remington, I figure that's first-hand experience. If you worked for Wal-Mart procurement and ordering in Arkansas, let us know. If you were on the line when these "alternate parts" were installed, let us know?

Saying your opinion is fact because you worked in the "industry", is no more substantial or believable than me saying I'm a fighter pilot because I build model planes.

I'm wrong everyday about something and I'm open to being disproven, please post verifiable links.

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (Rockhound, scope eye, RUGER77MAN, Andy S., DCOOK223, 1 good shot, 2 invisible) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95796 Topics
1121482 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.053 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.