Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3151063 - 02/04/13 08:17 AM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: pastorbmp]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: pastorbmp
Interesting. BSK, can deer pick up a level of infra-red spectrum that humans cannot? Because I could not see any light at all emitting from the led's when I looked at them.

Interesting observation Pastorbmp. You're the first person I've heard say they can't see the flash. To a person, everyone I've talked to that has that camera says they can clearly see the glow from the camera.

Actually, a deer's vision into the red wavelength spectrum (longer wavelengths) disappears before a human's does. Deer cannot see as far into the red spectrum as we can. Now just the opposite is true in the other direction. Deer can see farther into the ultraviolet spectrum (shorter wavelengths) than we can.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3151142 - 02/04/13 09:37 AM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: BSK]
Mike Belt
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Lakeland, Tn.

Good find and I hope you get pics of some great bucks. I'm betting since you found it in a pawn shop that it may have been a camera that mysteriously disappeared (aka was stold).

#3151256 - 02/04/13 10:51 AM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: pastorbmp]
J.Maples
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Englewood, TN

Are you saying that no animals were hurt during the making of this production?

#3151426 - 02/04/13 02:01 PM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: BSK]
pastorbmp
12 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
Interesting. BSK, can deer pick up a level of infra-red spectrum that humans cannot? Because I could not see any light at all emitting from the led's when I looked at them.

Interesting observation Pastorbmp. You're the first person I've heard say they can't see the flash. To a person, everyone I've talked to that has that camera says they can clearly see the glow from the camera.

Actually, a deer's vision into the red wavelength spectrum (longer wavelengths) disappears before a human's does. Deer cannot see as far into the red spectrum as we can. Now just the opposite is true in the other direction. Deer can see farther into the ultraviolet spectrum (shorter wavelengths) than we can.

I will check this again. I checked it when testing it outside, because I had read numerous times where you said that some of the Black flash were not true black flash. So, I watched this to see if I could see the led flash. Never did. But I am going to test it again.

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3151481 - 02/04/13 02:40 PM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: pastorbmp]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Try looking at it in a totally dark room, like an interior closet at night. Often, because of trace ambient lighting, I find I can't see a low-glow flash outdoors at night, but I CAN see it in a controlled ultra-dark environment like a closet at night.

Oh, I can't wait for the "coming out of the closet" jokes to start... ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3151486 - 02/04/13 02:47 PM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: BSK]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

I'm not sure if my wildview black flash is low low or true black flash. Haven't checke it in a dark room. But I just checked the card and had several pics of a big, old doe that hung Round in front of the camera for a while and seemed to be checking it out. I don't know if she saw the glow or smelled my scent but it was just on a travel route with little to no browse and she wasn't there to eat. Seemed she picked it out somehow but wasn't spooked too much.

#3152085 - 02/04/13 09:02 PM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: BSK]
pastorbmp
12 Point

Try looking at it in a totally dark room, like an interior closet at night. Often, because of trace ambient lighting, I find I can't see a low-glow flash outdoors at night, but I CAN see it in a controlled ultra-dark environment like a closet at night.

Yep...you set yourself up with that one!!! LOL! I looked at this outside. I will try checking it out in a dark room. Thanks for the info.

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3157617 - 02/09/13 05:52 PM Re: I have turned to the Dark Side!!! [Re: pastorbmp]
pastorbmp
12 Point

I tried checking it in a dark room and could not see the led's. Now, I recently purchased a Primos Blackout camera. In a dark room I can indeed see the faint, red glow of the led's with that camera.
Yep...you set yourself up with that one!!! LOL! I looked at this outside. I will try checking it out in a dark room. Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (vanleerbuckbuster, pse2, Daniel Willoughby, SX3Mike, Cowman71, rsimms) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.