Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3156858 - 02/08/13 09:24 PM no insurance fines through IRS
mr.big
Non-Typical

Loc: Copper Head Road

I have already heard 4-5 people say that when they filed their taxes this year that didnt have insurance had 123$ taken from their tax return filing single and 175$ filing joint..

I thought this crap didnt start till next year..

I am afraid the end of the American Dream just turned into a 3rd World Nightmare ,,

sorry Roger no link just what I heard happened,,

I am gonna look into having them stop taking taxes out of my check and pay it all when I file,,is this possible,,

#3156877 - 02/08/13 09:41 PM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: mr.big]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I did that exact thing Mr. Big...I changed from Single 0 to Married 1. I'll be damned if I let the bastards keep my money for a year or give them the opportunity to steal more than they already do.

#3156899 - 02/08/13 10:00 PM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
mr.big
Non-Typical

Loc: Copper Head Road

if you get it to where you dont get a return it would be hard for them to take the fine from your return

#3157009 - 02/09/13 02:57 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: mr.big]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

I might get $2 back this year or may have to pay $2 ,I dont lend them my $ without me getting interest!.I dont use them for a savings account.Each to his own but this is my choice

#3157069 - 02/09/13 06:52 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: mike243]
tasaman
8 Point

Loc: Woodlawn, TN

Your tax is based on your income minus deductions. If you owe 4k in taxes and you put in 5k then you get a 1k return of YOUR MONEY that you OVERPAID!!!! If you put in 4k then you get no return of YOUR MONEY because you paid your exact tax and nothing more. I am so sick of some idiots at work thinking they got a giant check from the government for free. How do these people continue to exist is beyond me. Sorry for the rant guys but I had to vent.

Yes, you can tell your employer to not withhold any federal payroll tax and you will pay it on your own. You will need to fill out a new W4.

Don't know if you can not pay it. Lot's of people are in jail for failure to pay tax already. I don't want to join them. We need to vote some people in that will get rid of this toilet paper called Obamacare.

#3157083 - 02/09/13 07:17 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: tasaman]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: tasaman
Your tax is based on your income minus deductions. If you owe 4k in taxes and you put in 5k then you get a 1k return of YOUR MONEY that you OVERPAID!!!! If you put in 4k then you get no return of YOUR MONEY because you paid your exact tax and nothing more. I am so sick of some idiots at work thinking they got a giant check from the government for free. How do these people continue to exist is beyond me. Sorry for the rant guys but I had to vent.

Yes, you can tell your employer to not withhold any federal payroll tax and you will pay it on your own. You will need to fill out a new W4.

Don't know if you can not pay it. Lot's of people are in jail for failure to pay tax already. I don't want to join them. We need to vote some people in that will get rid of this toilet paper called Obamacare.

Some do get a huge check for free. I can name one that paid in 3k and got a "refund" of 9k. That's where my taxes went. I have had to pay more than they kept for the last 3 years

Beware the skillet

#3157096 - 02/09/13 07:37 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: Bowdacious]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious

Some do get a huge check for free. I can name one that paid in 3k and got a "refund" of 9k. That's where my taxes went. I have had to pay more than they kept for the last 3 years

i can also name one that paid in less than $400 and got "back" $17k+

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3157103 - 02/09/13 07:46 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: stik]
tasaman
8 Point

Loc: Woodlawn, TN

Ok guys your right. The people I'm referring to are the average working stiff. The ones who put in money and get back the overpayment. That's the way it's supposed to work anyways.

[censored]. That guy that got "back" 17k. That's like having a second job. Any insight on how that went down stik? Same to you Bowdacious. Do you know how that happened?

#3157107 - 02/09/13 07:51 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: tasaman]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Ok guys your right. The people I'm referring to are the average working stiff. The ones who put in money and get back the overpayment. That's the way it's supposed to work anyways.

[censored]. That guy that got "back" 17k. That's like having a second job. Any insight on how that went down stik? Same to you Bowdacious. Do you know how that happened?

it had something to do with him caring for his sister's 3 kids.not sure of the details.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3157180 - 02/09/13 09:16 AM Re: no insurance fines through IRS [Re: stik]
Mike Belt
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Lakeland, Tn.

It was common occurance where I worked for people to sell their kids as deductions. Bookoos of people made the same thing I did, paid in less taxes, got one or more "freebie" checks for some type of program, and then received twice the tax return I did. I'm almost 100% sure that these people received "how to get over on the system" classes at their local churches.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (moondawg, Eric Kilby, ImThere, redblood, Hoss, Rubberduck270, 5 invisible) and 114 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85282 Topics
1030775 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.234 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.