Topic Options
#3156658 - 02/08/13 06:57 PM This guy has guts
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

sick Online
I'd used another word besides guts.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/that-guy-has-...ma-to-his-face/

The Five kicked off their Fox News show today with a look at Dr. Benjamin Carson, the pediatric neurosurgeon who spent 25 minutes at Thursday’s National Prayer Breakfast outlining his opposition to President Obama‘s policies… while President Obama was sitting next to him.

After playing some highlights from Carson’s scathing speech, including his alternative to Obamacare, host Kimberly Guilfoyle played a clip of Rush Limbaugh‘s praising the doctor: “This is the kind of thing the Republican party should have been saying for the past four years.”

Greg Gutfeld then launched into a sarcastic “tirade” against Carson, calling him a “moron” who “operates on the brains of babies. I would rather take advice from Sandra Fluke… someone who has been on the planet for 31 years fighting for free pills.”

Eric Bolling also had plenty of kind things to say about Carson’s appearance, saying “to take down the president of the United States sitting, you know, five feet away, man, that guy has a lot of guts. And his ideas are right.”

Next up, Dana Perino said she agreed with Carson’s points, and added some historical perspective to the conversation. “I do remember during a prayer breakfast in the Bush administration,” she recalled, “one of the speakers talked about the Iraq war, and made comments that some people could take as critical of President Bush. That was a big huge story about ‘oh, somebody finally had the guts to stand up to President Bush at the prayer breakfast.’ I don’t really see it as being that different.”

Meanwhile, Bob Beckel disagreed with the panel, calling Carson’s display “disgraceful.” He continued, saying “It’s a prayer breakfast, it’s supposed to be bipartisan. It’s not a place to give political statements… I thought it was inappropriate, it was mean, and so far out of place I can’t believe it.”

But Bolling and others shot back that if President Obama won’t show up at CPAC or Fox News, then his critics will be forced to confront him on “neutral turf.” And Perino made a sly analogy to President Obama’s 2011 speech on the deficit during which he criticized Rep. Paul Ryan who was sitting in the front row.

Gutfeld steered the conversation to another person who’s been on Rush Limbaugh’s mind lately: Paul Krugman. Gutfeld found some parallels between what Carson and Krugman said about “death panels” this past week.

The panel also revealed that Carson will be appearing on Hannity tonight, where many of these issues will no doubt be addressed further.

Watch video below, via Fox News:

#3156668 - 02/08/13 07:05 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

sick Online
I'd love to see the whole video and watch Obama the whole time.

#3156687 - 02/08/13 07:24 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
The Doc was right on the money. Maybe he can have an influence but I do not believe the resident idiiot is open to any but his own ideas, all of which are leading us down an awful path.
#3156705 - 02/08/13 07:35 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: DaveB]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

Obama could do nothing but wish his eyes had laserbeams to shoot at the Dr.

#3156757 - 02/08/13 08:04 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Old hickory Tn

content Online
Obama was definately wearing a wicked glare!

#3156796 - 02/08/13 08:30 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: Mudbone]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

sick Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyHegP255g

#3156920 - 02/08/13 10:21 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Impressive,guts, simple, clear,common sense and passion.
Loved this part......
DR. CARSON: What we need to do is come up with something simple. And when I pick up my Bible, you know what I see? I see the fairest individual in the universe, God, and he's given us a system. It's called a tithe.

We don't necessarily have to do 10% but it's the principle. He didn't say if your crops fail, don't give me any tithe or if you have a bumper crop, give me triple tithe. So there must be something inherently fair about proportionality. You make $10 billion, you put in a billion. You make $10 you put in one. Of course you've got to get rid of the loopholes. Some people say, 'Well that's not fair because it doesn't hurt the guy who made $10 billion as much as the guy who made 10.' Where does it say you've got to hurt the guy? He just put a billion dollars in the pot. We don't need to hurt him. It's that kind of thinking that has resulted in 602 banks in the Cayman Islands. That money needs to be back here building our infrastructure and creating jobs.

Edited by Dale3 (02/08/13 10:51 PM)

#3156992 - 02/08/13 11:57 PM Re: This guy has guts [Re: Dale3]
hankll
Spike

Loc: Hendersonville, Tn, USA

If Bectal had negative comments, you know the Doctor scored good on the comments and his comments were in fact, well aimed and well stated at Odumma and about Obamacare and the POTUS.. I think in this case the Good Doctor had bigger nad's than anybody of the Repub's, since they aren't leading, anymore......
#3157002 - 02/09/13 12:39 AM Re: This guy has guts [Re: hankll]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

It is a sad state today when it takes a doctor to stand up and speak to the Pres and that the majority of other Americans are still siting there waiting on their handout. If Obama had'nt given so many handouts and sided with gays he never would have been back in office since all he has done is divided the country and driven us deeper into the hole. Remember when you were little and you would dig a hole and say you were digging to China? That is exactly where Obama has us headed since they have more stock in this country now than Americans do.

#3157006 - 02/09/13 02:32 AM Re: This guy has guts [Re: hunter0925]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

DEPENDING on where he's at on FP, the middle east,military, ect.....ect...ect...., this IS the kind of person the pubs could and would win with, based ONLY on this speach, it be hard for even a liberal to argue with what and how he said it, and explained it. He kept it simple and clear, common sense and uses passion. The Pubs are talking hispainic vote, they do better thinking a about some of the 51% vote
They/we need a conservative with charisma and passion and the abilty to deliver a message as Dr. Carson to change the thinking of many about conservatives. He black, so no race card,and class warfar wont work well against someone coming from where he did
I like to know more and hear more from this man. The more times i listen to his speach the more i hear and the better it gets. He is so dead on about what he covers in this speach.
which has made me want to know more about him, which is what im looking into

Edited by Dale3 (02/09/13 07:48 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter
13382 Registered Users
Who's Online
136 registered (cbhunter, Nyper, Twinshooter, DaveB, catman529, Poser, 19 invisible) and 170 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13382 Members
42 Forums
95641 Topics
1119389 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.