#3153258 - 02/05/13 08:00 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
It's not the death of 26 innocent people they are profiting from..

Its the widespread fear in the gun community that they are profiting from.

I agree... People are buying out of fear and paying high prices out of fear - driving up demand, driving the fear further out as well.

Its a shame.. I don't wish bad things for anyone but I hope these folks realize about 6- months from now - via AR prices coming back inline and via Glock price/availability coming back inline that they made knee jerk decisions and that they learn from it.. Obviously the flip side of that is that they were right and the production of many items is stopped for civilian purchase which I hope/believe won't be the case.

What CAUSED that fear????

Has anybody been watching the news???

It's only STARTED. Obama made a trip to Minneapolis for one reason and one reason only. To drum up public SUPPORT FOR his anti-gun laws.

The Left - Obamas followers.. It's no secret what they want to you or anyone else however I believe they'll go for the gold and get the wood..

#3153367 - 02/05/13 09:37 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: -DRM-]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
 Originally Posted By: -DRM-
 Originally Posted By: leader
It scares me, I don't need to get audited over selling a gun or two. I haven't flipped any as if yet though....

Why are you scared? If you aren't involved in a straw purchase, and didn't buy *with the intent to resell*, you did nothing wrong.

I was filling out the paperwork at a pawn shop for several AR lowers back in early December and quite literally had someone offer to buy one of them from me as I am still in their store.

Had I chosen to sell one to him, I would have been afoul of NO law, because I did not buy with the intent to re-sell.

You missed my point, I don't want to be audited. I do nothing wrong but the tax laws are so subjective, you can do nothing wrong and still get zinged. Not to mention the headache am audit causes...

#3156339 - 02/08/13 02:30 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Wildcat]
Happy Birthday DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

It's only STARTED. Obama made a trip to Minneapolis for one reason and one reason only. To drum up public SUPPORT FOR his anti-gun laws.

Wildcat, I understand Obama has agenda. I dont think this will pass - but there is enough cause to be concerned.

This thread is about ammo. There have been no mainstream reports of banning ammo. There are a lot of .223 bolt actions that still require ammo. They will be around. Guns will still be around. Ammo will still be around.

The problem with buying ammo right now is because everyone who sees it, buys the entire shelf.

#3156377 - 02/08/13 02:57 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: DntBrnDPig]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

The Ammo display at my local Walmart has been empty all week. The sporting goods guy just laughs when I keep asking him what happen to all the ammo..... \:D

Edited by gator-n-buck (02/08/13 02:57 PM)

#3156410 - 02/08/13 03:24 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig

Wildcat, I understand Obama has agenda. I dont think this will pass - but there is enough cause to be concerned.

This thread is about ammo. There have been no mainstream reports of banning ammo. There are a lot of .223 bolt actions that still require ammo. They will be around. Guns will still be around. Ammo will still be around.

The problem with buying ammo right now is because everyone who sees it, buys the entire shelf.

Don't think WHAT will pass??

You talking about Dianne Feinstein's Senate bill??

What about the other bills that are before Congress?? What about the other 15 bills they are trying to get ready right now to put before Congress later?? What about the Seate bills in all the different states?? New York apssed one, Connecticut has one more vote and if passed it goes to the Governor to sign, Kentucky has a bill they are working on. What about the IRS audits of Ruger, S&W, Federal, Hornady???? Ruger is being pushed to the point that they are openly thinking of moving to another state.

One single bill is NOT the end of this, it's only the start.

I'm not talking about anybody banning ammo ever though it possible for them to.

I asked the question on what CAUSED the fear. THAT is the cause, NOT the law abiding American people.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (Recoil, chunky, leader, Cazador, chip, diamond hunter, 9 invisible) and 134 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85425 Topics
1032238 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.208 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.